PDA

View Full Version : High School Hot Rods

MY70SS396
05-17-2001, 06:08 PM
Although born in '72 when I was in high school I drove a '70 SS 396 Chevelle, still own it. There were a few other old cars, Camaros, Chevelles, Vettes, Mustangs, etc.. I wanted to hop up the Chevelle, but now I'm glad I didn't. Still has original motor. Yea, that movie made me think about when I used to drive my Chevelle every day, and put gas in it every other day. Just thought I would add to a cool post.

rat tuned
05-17-2001, 07:53 PM
I graduated high school in 1980 and I'll tell ya I think that those were some of the best car years. I had a 68 buick skylark with a 455 stage 1 motor that I purchased for $600 completely rebuilt. musclecars were pretty cheap and plentiful and you could afford the insurance. then the 80's hit and thats a whole nother story.

Mike Wowk
05-17-2001, 08:07 PM
I graduated in 1983, had a 65 GTO with a 327 when I got it, I put a 400 poncho in it later. It was Black on black(beautiful paint and interior) with chrome reverse rims. I got it for $450.00!! I also had a 1975 GMC Indy Pace truck and a 70 Plymouth Sport Fury

Steven J
05-17-2001, 09:49 PM
My first car in high school was a 1969 SS/RS L-78 Camaro. I sold it to buy a 1970 LS6 Chevelle in 1971. Didn't seem like a big deal back then, but sounds kinda neat now. My buddy had a 1970 Hemi Cuda that he drove to school occasionally, and another guy drove his dad's 1966 Hemi Coronet once in awhile. They both still own these cars. I remember sitting in class and seeing a few cars drag race in front of the school. The benefit of being "middle aged" is having grown up during the musclecar era.

[Edited by Steven J (05-17-2001 at 04:49 PM).]

BEAUMONTBILL
05-17-2001, 10:20 PM
I GREW UP IN A WEALTHY SECTION OF LONG ISLAND. SEVERAL KIDS DROVE PORSCHES, BMW'S,
VETTES AND EVEN A FERRARI. THEN THERE WAS MY BUDDY AND I. MY FIRST CAR WAS A 1969 G.T.O
RAM AIR CONVERTIBLE. NOT A SHOW CAR CONDITION WISE, BUT HUGGER ORANGE WITH A WHITE INTERIOR,WHITE TOP AND JUDGE WING. MY BEST BUDDY JOHN DROVE A 1970 N0VA WITH A 396
350 HP 4SP. BOTH OF THE CARS TOGETHER PROBABLY COST ABOUT US 8000, BUT WE ATE UP THE RICH KIDS ALL SUMMER LONG.

PxTx
05-17-2001, 11:06 PM
Yep, those were the days. I graduated in 1993 so it wasn't that long ago. My car was a 1965 Malubi SS L-79 4-speed with the motor and tranny in the trunk. Most of the other kids were running around in 5.0 Mustangs and GNs.

I bought the car in Nov 1991 and had it ready for it's maiden voyage in May 1992- to take to my Junior Prom. Six hours before the prom I didn't even know how to drive a stick!

Later on that summer I was a full fledged car nut. Next project was to find another cool car to re-build- I couldn't get enough. My girlfriend at that time needed a car, so we checked out a 1971 Plumb Crazy Purple Duster around the corner from me. It needed the tired motor to be replaced, so another 6 months later she was ripping around in a 360= 4-speed Duster. Once the 4.11 gears were in, she was ALMOST beating me down the drag strip!

Now, I'll be waiting for her to walk down the isle in October. We're getting married on the 20th!

To reflect, the Chevelle cost me $800 and the Duster cost Jessica $200 to purchase. Neither of these cars needed too much work initialy to get them on the road. Good cars can still be had for reasonable money, even today. it's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

Thanks for reading guys

Paul Tholey

Belair62
05-17-2001, 11:41 PM
Boy this one sure makes me feel old.I graduated in "74.Some of the best cars were around the lot back then. I can rattle off a few that I remember.70 Nova 396/375 the guy still has it on blocks with 20k miles,his brother had a LT-1 70 Nova which I read recently must have been a COPO car. 68 Hemi Coronet,70 396 Chevelle silver,70 LS-6 green,71 Ls-5 blue,65 GTO,(the guy slathered axle grease on his slotted disc wheels for winter!),69 SJX 4spd Hurst Grand Prix I thinkit was hurst,Mr. Norm MoPar Swinger,countless other cool stuff.Nickey Chevrolet was close,Seltzer Pontiac,MrNorm. I had my 65 Impala SS 327,later my dual quad Riv but oddly enough the car that kicked a lot of ass on Gross Point rd. was a 71 (?)Mark Donohue Javelin !Now I know why Skokie police had Hemi and 427 chase cars ! Man i could go on and on but I better stop here.

COPO
05-18-2001, 02:40 AM
I bought a 70 RS Z-28 in highschool (1980) for $2900. It was a strong #2 with fresh paint and the original drivetrain. At the time, there were dozens of '69 Z-28 going for $1,500 to $2,200. We did a lot of street racing after the football games on Friday nights. 21 years later the car still sits in my garage, only now it has a few BB stablemates. http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/laugh.gif

[Edited by COPO (05-17-2001 at 09:40 PM).]

Ron Nies
05-18-2001, 03:10 AM
I bought my first car right before I graduated and it was a 66 273 Dart and I got 15.0,s out of it so I guess that was not to bad for a dumb kid just out of auto shop! My buddy that I rode to school with had a 69 351 Windsor Mustang (yeah I know its a Ford) but it ran good as he ran 14.40,s with that car and one of my classmates had a 65 GTO with a smallblock Chevy (see I had Chevy friends) and it was fast but he never took it to the track so I dont know what it turned!Even had a buddy with a 67 327 2 barell Camaro and a 3-speed that ran very good for what it was as he wasted a 69 350 Lemans one night! Damm that was alot of fun back then living at home with no responsabilitys!!

kiva75
05-18-2001, 05:02 AM
Just got done watching "Dazed and Confused" again, and was just wondering if anyone had memories of high school parking lots filled with cars like these. I can't imagine parking next to a GTO Judge driven by a highschool kid. My car in High School was a '64 Rambler 770 with a Nova front clip, 350 4-speed and a 10 bolt posi rear. Everyone thought I was odd for having this old hot rodded car. That was before I got the Vega bug. But unfortunately I am not old enough to remember these cars as 'old cheap cars for the kids to drive'.

Britt
http://www.geocities.com/kiva75

69yenkoman
05-18-2001, 05:40 AM
I remember and loved the cars we used to drive in high school. I drove a 1972 nova with a 350 and auto tranny. I had friends with Nova's, Camaro's Z-28's Mach Mustangs etc. I was not actually in high school when these were in there prime, but when there were still a lot of them in good shape. Last summer I tried to track down my old high school car but lost the trail in Oklahoma. Anyone out there from Oklahoma that might want to help me out? I have the VIN and some paperwork. I contacted the Oklahoma Tax Comission and they said it didnt exist. I am in the process of getting the paperwork from them to fill out just in case the person I was one the phone with might have overlooked something. Its probably sitting in a garage and hasent been licensed since he took it there ( not quite a year ago I think)I know its there and I think its amazing its still around after all these years. Nothing special about it but memories

whitetop
05-18-2001, 06:36 PM
Hello Ratpack
No modifications of any type has been done to the car since it was built in '74. It even has the original bias ply tires (Kelly Springfield tires in the rear with stubbs on them no less). The only change since '74 has been the replacement of the battery and I took the 1976 W.Va inspection decal off the windshield. Car still has its custom button tuck crushed velvet interior also.
The metalflake paint is holding up great, 15 coats of clear and all. The guy who painted the car is named Tom Whitlatch and he still does high end custom paint jobs. His '69 Corvette won Best Paint, Most Outstanding and Best Street Machine at the '78 Car Craft Street Machine Nationals. He still has the car in his basement-original paint and all.

I stopped by Tom's body shop one day and he gave me enough leftover metalflake to repaint the car if it ever comes to that.

I will never change a thing on this car.
Dave

[Edited by whitetop (05-18-2001 at 01:36 PM).]

Charley Lillard
05-18-2001, 07:45 PM
High School ? Oh Yeah Man, I kinda remember something like that.............

Yenkofan
05-19-2001, 12:13 AM
Thinking of my high school and college cars makes me sad.
First I had a 67 RS Camaro 4 speed 327. I loved it, it was a joy to own and operate.
Then, and I'll never understand how I convinced my dad to buy this...I had a 67 427 400hp 4 speed Corvette convertible with air conditioning. Paid $3300 for it in 1969.
Sold it for $3200 a few years later.
Last, I had a 1966 Shelby GT350 Mustang with the Paxton supercharger. Sold it when the energy crisis hit. The car is still alive in Canada.

Those were the days!!!

Gary

Belair62
05-19-2001, 03:27 AM
You guys should take a ride past the high school now. I too still live in my old home town.Took a ride past the old school today. Nothing but imports. I know they are making those damn little Hondas scream but it just doesnt look righ ! Charley....somehow I see you with flower power stickers on your VW Microbus back then !!!!Wow Man....Peace

Rat_Pack
05-19-2001, 05:16 AM
At least I am not the only one who still remembers those high school days. I still live in my home town and just yesterday I went by the high school and was amazed how much it had grown and how many kids drove to school. When I was a senior there were very few of us that had cars more less drove to school. However, most of us had muscle cars except the girls, they drove mom's Datsun that she had in college and was on its final leg. My first car was a 72 Malibu 4-door that was loaded and in mint condition. Dad then bought me a 69 SS350 Camaro as an early graduation present in the fall of 1983. I drove that car until April 84 and then I traded up to an L-79 67 Nova. That car was unbelievably fast and was a blast to drive! My buddies had everything from a 65 hi-po 289 Mustang GT to an LS-6 Chevelle and there were a few Corvettes also. Now the parking lots at the school are full of modern cars, not even anything earlier than say 1990, and most of them are of foreign design and a couple of late model Mustangs and Camaros, but those were of the V-6 variety. But among all of those "new" cars there was hope, a lone 69 GTO with primer spots on the lower 1/4's and fenders! This is one guy or gal that loves to drive and work on great American muscle. I remember when study hall was a bench racing session for most of the guys and lunch period was time for us to go out and see who had done what to their car over the weekend. Those were the days when we were trying to see who was going to be the first car locally to dip into the high 7 second bracket in the 1/8th mile. It looks like kids today are into different things. Sorry for the long post............RatPack........

whitetop: does that Mustang still look the same today as it did in those photos? If so, don't change a thing, including the Grump Lump hood scoop, that car reminds me of the "good old days" of early 70's car shows......

Bob Jenkins
05-21-2001, 02:39 AM
I graduated from highschool in '79 and there were several muscle cars in the parking lot. I had a '69 Camaro SS 396 and my friend had a '69 Firebird. There were several '69 Camaros around at the time. There were also many Chevelles, 442 and GTOs. Every spring, the senior class would have a "senior stroll" one day during lunch. They would get in their cars and do burn-outs up the street by the cafateria........

Charley Lillard
05-21-2001, 04:54 AM
Dude !!!!!!!!!

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
05-22-2001, 06:49 PM
Belair62;
Tell me about this LT1 Nova that was owned by a friend of yours??? Color, trans, interior, orig. dealer ect....

M

Belair62
05-23-2001, 01:52 AM
Marlin,the car was Astro blue I think it was called,4spd,black interior,cant quite remember if it was bench or buckets,fairly certain it was a 70 but it was a while ago!his brothers car was silver 396/375.....I believe they were purchased at Mancuso Chevrolet in Skokie illinois if memory serves me.Rode in the LT1 several times. It was quick. Both cars had the usual upgrades...done at Motor Sport Research which was pretty famous along with Grand Automotive....those 2 shops got a lot of business back then...

whitetop
05-23-2001, 12:14 PM
Here are some photos of my 64 1/2 Mustang convertible (uggh-spitooey etc). I first saw this car in the mid '70's at some local car shows when I was in High School. I tried to buy the car from the owner for the last 10 years or so and was able to get it this past year. The top picture was probably taken around '74 and the owner was trying out lighting patterns in his dad's Sunoco station because the car was going to be in a show at the Wheeling Armory. This "Street Freak", (remember that term?) is a prime example on how cars were built in the early '70's. Car has only about 200 miles on it since originally built in late '73/early '74. It has always been in a climate controlled basement and the paint is about 95% perfect other than some very minor cracks, chips etc. Car has 7" Grumpy Lump scoop with "Endless Lines" and "Freakdrops". Tunnel rammed 289, 4 speed/Mr Gasket Vertical Gate shifter, Flex-A-Lite fiberglass fan, Lakewood traction bars, 15x10 & 15x4 Cragars, Hooker chrome side pipes, Sun gauges on steering column and cowl(fuel pressure & vacuum). Everything has been chrome plated driveshaft, springs, rearend, a-arms, hinges, tunnel ram, even the air shocks.
This car is literally a rolling timepiece and the car will never be updated. It is currently apart to get the engine refreshed, new brakes, gas tank and some minor engine compartment/undercarriage paint touchup.
I'm hoping to have it out on the road by the end of the summer with the 8-track blaring away...
whitetop

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1314220&a=9759268&p=48657467 (http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1314220&a=9759268&p=48657467.jpg)

[Edited by whitetop (05-23-2001 at 07:14 AM).]

Mr70
05-23-2001, 01:28 PM
Grand Automotive and Motor sport research....I haven't heard those names uttered in a long time.You are from Illinois my friend.

[Edited by mr70 (05-23-2001 at 08:28 AM).]

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
05-23-2001, 03:44 PM
Belair;
Did this car have stripes?
Mancuso did sell a few Deuces.
M

Belair62
05-23-2001, 08:22 PM
No stripes Marlin...solid,no vinyl...its entirely possible that it could have been a 71 ....can't quite remember exactly...I know another buddy bought a Dark brown mettalic 72 SS 350 Nova but it was not near as quick...Mr.70....I still remember what the window decal looked like from MSR...wish I could find one for my car..one of these nights we can hook up in Elmhurst...I e-mailed you with the cars I may show up in...toss a rock at me when you see me go by !

bowtie3168
05-23-2001, 09:15 PM
Belair62,
When you mentioned "Skokie" it reminds me of the movie "Risky Buisness" when one of the kids asks "Joel" if he could hook up his cousin from "Skokie".

Andrew

P.S. I had a '81 Malibu in high school but I always hung out with my buddy Tim whose dad built him a RADICAL '68 RS Camaro with a very wild small block.

Belair62
05-24-2001, 02:03 AM
Its the same Skokie the are talking about ! Niles West High School. Home of the Indians....I mean used to be home of the Indians. They just re-named it the Trojans I think because American Indians objected...wonder if the condom company is going to sue now !

Buddy
05-24-2001, 10:08 PM
Hey!! I drive a 1970 Chevelle SS396 with a 454 engine to school! The other "muscles" are the late 70s-80s camaro and a few rustangs (they're really rusty). On the winter days I drive a 4runner, no need to put the chevelle through abuse now huh http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/laugh.gif

take care
Rob

bonehead
05-25-2001, 01:18 AM
I'm new to the board, I graduated HS in 1975 in eastern Ohio. Tons of muscle cars, I had a 69 roadrunner 383 4sp, and a 1957 Chevy Belair with a DZ 302 with M22. Pretty fast but 440 superbees, and chargers were everwhere. Lots of Chevelles, Camaros, and Novas. Lots of Yenkos too in my town, two camaros, a duece and a Chevelle. A funny side story, You all might not believe this but Yenkos weren't a real big deal in my area. By 75' most were just worn out race cars with blown motors. My best friend who had a very quick 396/375 hp 68 Chevelle bought a blown up Yenko Chevelle with a punched in quarter, dropped in a junkyard 350 and used it for a few years as a winter car. Don't know what ever happened to it after I left for the Navy! Hum!! I better find his number and give him a call.True story. later... those were the days...fun!

05-25-2001, 03:27 AM
BONEHEAD, MY DEUCE WAS IN CORTLAND, OHIO FROM 1971, UNTIL I BOUGHT IT IN 1998. IT IS HUGGAR ORANGE. IS THIS THE CAR YOU REMEMBER? IT WAS THE FEATURE CAR LAST MONTH ON THIS WEBSITE.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
05-25-2001, 07:28 PM
Bonehead;
Tell me more about this Deuce!! What color was it, trans type, orig. dealership ect... I know of at least 9 Yenko Deuces that were sold new in Ohio, 6 of which are found. Do you know who the owner was??
Marlin

COPO PETE
05-25-2001, 09:05 PM
Here's an interesting true story for you. In 1969, this cute lady goes down to Central Chev in London. Picks out a COPO Chevelle 427 4 speed, red with white interior,(interesting combo), car is still around about 15 minutes from my house. Anyway she keeps it four months but it don't have the power she is looking for! Goes back to Central and trades it in on a L88 Vette! http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/laugh.gif Believe it or not!

Chevy454
05-25-2001, 09:19 PM
Good grief http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/shocked.gif! Who was this "cute lady"...Shirley Muldowny?! Sounds like my kind of lady! http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/burnout.gif

COPO PETE
05-25-2001, 11:44 PM
Carefull...your married with children!

Chevy454
05-26-2001, 12:44 AM
Yeah, yeah...don't remind me! JUST KIDDING!

Ok, so what ever happened to the Chevelle and the 'Vette? Did the "lady" ever own any other muscle cars?

bonehead
05-26-2001, 01:48 PM
Ok, heres some more info on the Yenkos in my area. I lived in a small town called New Middletown. It was located about 3 miles from the PA state line, and about 3 miles north of the OHio/Pa turpike. My memory on the duece is dim, only saw it once or twice. Didn't know the owner, he was from out of town cruising through looking for a street drag race. I think it was red or orange with white stripes. The camaros were also from out of town, don't know the owners. they were a dark green with with stripes, 4 spd and 4:56 gear. The other might of been Med blue, no details. The chevelle I knew well, it was owned by my friend Sam Norling. He bought the yenko chevelle as a battered drag car. Med blue, m22, 4:56, black bench interior. Black stripes, punched in left rear quarter, old rusty Cragers, but very rust free. Low drag strip miles, maybe 15,000. He drove as a winter car for a few years, I lost contact. Knowing him He might still have it, a real rat-packer. He still has the 68 chevelle 396/375, saw it at his house in 1990. In 74-75 he used to by rusted out but running big block chevelles, 396/375's for $200-500 and strip them out and store the running gears in his basement. At one time he had stacks of 396- 427 engines. Have'nt spoke to him in 20 Years. thats all the the stories for now. later...

Charley Lillard
05-26-2001, 11:38 PM
So has anyone called Mr Norling yet ?

bonehead
05-29-2001, 11:59 PM
Hey guys, for anyone following the Ohio Yenko Chevelle saga, here is an update. I called my old friend Sam Norling today after being e-mailed by Charley (don't know his discussion name). Sam said he sold the Yenko to a guy in Boardman Ohio, did'nt say when, (probably in 80's). But he did say the before he sold it he removed everything from the car that had yenko on it. The hood, radiator support, emblems, interior, etc. He replaced everything he removed with stock chevelle stuff. He said he still even has a NOS unused set of black stripes from Yenko Chevrolet. Does'nt know what happened to it, and does'nt remember the kids name. It may still be around looking like a stock Malibu. Well all of you Yenko hunters have your work cut out for you. Its one of the 99 built and its in disguise... good luck, finders keepers. I hope on of you find it and bring it back. P.S. remember it was med blue with black stripes and black bench interior, 4spd...later

Charley Lillard
05-30-2001, 01:00 AM
Did he say if he took the drivetrain out also ?

bonehead
05-30-2001, 01:14 AM
No Charley, He did't say, but he did say it was a running car when he sold it, but I did'nt think to ask him about the M22, and the rear. He never had the motor. Maybe you experts could still I.D. the car, but I doubt if I could. I don't know all of the subtle Yenko stuff... He still has all the parts he removed...later

lowlySS350
07-31-2001, 08:50 AM
My high school parking lot was filled with new cars-Hondas, Acuras, and a bunch of really boring cars. I got razzed a lot about my '68 Nova SS. It was only a 350 4-speed, but it would eat any Honda I met at a stoplight. http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/smile.gif My classmates couldn't believe i had TWO headers on my car!! Funny huh?

SS427
07-31-2001, 11:56 AM
I was easily bored and changed cars like underwear. I started out with a '54 Chevy with a Corvette 327 with two fours, next was a '67 SS427 Impala, then a '69 SS427 Impala Convertible and graduated with a '69 Chevelle SS with a transplanted 427 and a low rise 2x4 set up. I haven't slowed down much in the last twenty years either.

Joe
08-15-2001, 10:11 PM
Wow , this is great topic ! I was one of the ew who had the opertunity to take the shoe Leather Express every day to school .
When I finally bought my first car it was a 41 Plymouth with a Olds J2 Six pack motor.
Well needless to say my Dad had a fit. He made me sell the car . I never got to enjoy it . But he was right , I was planing to hit front street in Philly and my friends where egging me on too ,hehehe But Dad ???? I'm not going to race it .....Fingers are crossed ,lol
Back to the Shoe leather Express : (

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
08-16-2001, 02:39 PM
Joe;
Front Street, street racing central for Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, was fun until the fire truck came and hosed down the street. They don't race there anymore, now it's Essington Ave. down by the airport, and Red Lion Road in the Northeast. My old P.O.S. couldn't keep up with most of them. I usually raced in a group of 4-6 cars wide on Roosevelt Boulevard, and legally raced at South Mountain Drags with my Uncle. I had to stop this stuff when the car started to twist apart, especially from hitting second gear to hard with the auto trans. It pulled the body/frame mount off, (makes a nice bang when they come back together),popped the 17x35 sunroof open, the weak roof caused the drivers door frame to slam into the windshield pillar, and the rust holes in the wheelwells allowed the tire smoke to fill the car so you could barely see the tailights of those damn Grand Nationals!! Fun times!
M

[Edited by YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY (08-16-2001 at 09:39 AM).]

PxTx
08-16-2001, 10:02 PM
Speeking of Red Lion Rd (or is it REDLINE!) and all of those GN, does anyone know how "Mom" is doing? I haven't heard of a track rental this year!

Paul Tholey

Dan 68 Chevy II
08-21-2001, 05:22 AM
I owned a lot a cars back in the 70's,since they were tons available and very reasonlly priced ,I would buy and sell these cars.Some that I owned,starting with the first car I had when I tuned 17,
1969 Camaro SS 396 375 4spd Lemans blue,white hockey stripe,black interior,paid $1400.00 3rd owner mint shape
1969 Pontiac Gto
1969 Camaro SS 350 auto,dark green exterior ,light green interior
1970 Elcamino 350 4spd 1973 Camaro z28 very original 2nd owner 350 4spd ,yellow with black stripes.
1971 Camaro SS 402 4spd
1969 Corvette 350 4spd Black Lacquer with saddle interior,motor done by Tony Fiel
1969 Camaro 350 4spd
1968 Chevy II Nova ss 396 4spd,only had 13000 miles and I was third owner of car back then,bought this car back in 2000
1969 Camaro 427 COPO LeMans Blue with black vinyl roof and deluxe blue interior.4spd 410 gears,factory console and gauges.
1969 Camaro SS/RS 350 Pace car
1969 Nova ss Black 396 body
1968 Camaro SS 427 4 spd car
1969 Camaro Z28 body 1100 original miles,bought from original owner,original burnished brown lacquer with black stipes,black deluxe interior,put 427 425hp motor in painted it black lacquer.By the way paid 400.00 for the body.
These are most of them but there is more.
Two cars I kick myself in ass for not buying is a 1970 Hemi Roadrunner 4spd car blue with black interior for $1000.00,everthing there needed work ex drag car and a mint 1970 Cuda Hemi 4spd car white with black interior,very low miles used on drag strip most of it's life but only had a roll cage and was asking $2100.00.

Arctic Z Dan
08-28-2001, 11:38 PM
I'm still in High School and I drive a 1998 Z/28 Camaro. Does that count? http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/laugh.gif My friend that graduated last year drove a 2000 Mustang GT, there's one LT-1 Z/28(1995 or so) that's already roughed up, and a 1970 Malibu 350. Every now and then, Dad'll cough up the keys to his 2000 SS for me! Man, that's a cool car. BTW, this is my first post. I love the old muscle cars and hope to restore them professionaly when I grow up. Later, Dan http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/cool.gif