PDA

View Full Version : 2001 reunion

05-19-2001, 03:22 AM
TOM, WHAT IS THE SCHEDULE FOR THE REUNION? I THOUGHT AT ONE TIME THE REUNION WAS GOING TO BE IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANOTHER SHOW. IS THIS NOT TRUE? I KNOW THERE HAS BEEN DEBATE ON THIS SUBJECT, BUT MY OPINION IS THAT A SHOW WITH OTHER MUSCLECARS WOULD BE A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. IN FACT, I HAVE SEEN LS-6 CHEVELLES,A Z-28 CAMARO, PACE CAR CAMARO, ETC. AT THE REUNION ANYWAY. IN A NUTSHELL, US IOWANS WANT TO LOOK AT MORE THAN 30 CARS, AND SEE MORE SPECTATORS AT YOUR SHOW. THE GUYS LOOKING AT OUR CARS ARE IN THE HOBBY, THEY SEE THESE CARS ALL THE TIME. THREE FULL DAYS IS A LONG TIME. WHAT CAN WE DO TO HELP? ANYONE HAVE ANY OTHER IDEAS OR COMMENTS?

sYc
05-19-2001, 08:20 PM
For 2001, the reunion will remain much the same as past shows, with the emphasis on "supercars" and related items.
The TENTATIVE schedule is as follows. Friday evening, social get together with special guest(s) and displays. Saturday AM, move into Gateway Center. Late Sat. afternoon, cruise to Gateway Int. for exhibition drag racing. Saturday evening, another get together, visit with friends and guests, look at photos, videos, etc. As the reunion gets closer, I will post more details.
Hopefully everyone, including Iowans, will make plans to attend this year's Supercar Reunion and help make it the biggest and best yet. Tom