PDA

View Full Version : B/Motion Corvette in Movie??

whitetop
06-06-2001, 01:57 AM
I have an old magazine(1001 Rod & Custom ideas Feb '74) that has the Corvette featured in the '73 movie, "Cleopatra Jones". about the 6'2" black "wonder women". This car was her ride. Article said car was owned by Warner Brothers Studio and was burned at one time. Didn't Joel say one of his cars was owned by a Studio at one time and was burned and then redone-his yellow car??
This car is black with lots of Baldwin Motion stuff, i.e. rear glass window, flares, scoops, aluminum slots with Goodyear indy car tires. I will try to post pics later this week
whitetop

[Edited by whitetop (06-05-2001 at 08:57 PM).]

DarrylD
06-06-2001, 08:22 AM
This is what I know: A customers Phase III GT burnt to the ground in the new car delivery area at Baldwin Chevrolet while waiting to be loaded for shipment to the west coast buyer. The Yellow car is the carbon copy of that car that was built to replace it. It was indeed owned by Warner Brothers (and painted black) when Joel rediscovered it back around 1991. I heard it was in Cannonball Run but was edited out and never made it to the movies. Incidentally the car that caught fire was next to the GT and spread to it, destoring it.