PDA

View Full Version : Super Chevy Indy

Mr70
07-07-2001, 12:33 PM
I will be showing my Chevelle in the Concours Class area July 12-15th.I understand Ed Cuneen will be bringing his Cortez Yenko Duece.I look forward to meeting any members from Yenko Registry.Say Hello. http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/smile.gif

Mr70
07-22-2001, 07:35 PM
What a nice Show!
Tom Billigen with his 69 Lemans blue Yenko Chevelle arranged everything to work out very well.Owners present were:
Dave Belk with his Orange 70 Yenko Duece.
Mick Price with his Yellow 69 Yenko Camaro.
Bob Adcock with his Yellow 69 Yenko Camaro.
And me with my Red 70 L-78 SS Chevelle.
Steven J was there,but Chevelle is still in the shop.Next year Buddy.
The weather was perfect,the owners were great,and the swapmeet held some incredible finds for me personaly.
Every body was in very good spirits and the connections I made are invaluable to me.
One other highlight for me was when John Moss,(The Guru Of GO) Head of GM Special Vehicles and his friend Dave Ackers came over to my car and complimented me on it.After getting all over it and underneath it,he seriously wanted to buy it from me,but I was not willing to let it go yet.It was an honor to meet both of these men just the same.
I look forward to next year for this same SuperCars Display.It really is in a very clean area and centraly located for all to attend.It is run by the right people with no hassles about Judging.Each car was recieved very well.
It truly was a perfect weekend.
Next Year,Book It! http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/smile.gif

[Edited by mr70 (07-22-2001 at 02:35 PM).]

William
07-28-2001, 11:48 PM
I was there and saw the display. Beautiful cars, guys!

Mr 70, years ago a friend had a red 1970 L78 Chevelle. How many produced?

COPO
07-29-2001, 02:28 AM
There were 2,144 L-78 Chevelles built in 1970. No way to tell how many red ones.

Chevy454
07-29-2001, 03:40 AM
Seems like ALL of the '70 Chevelles were red! After I purchased my LS-6 Chevelle, I got to noticing just how many of the '70 Chevelles were rCranberry Red (regardless if that was the original color or not). It's kind of like how the number of Z/28s keeps growing...the number of red '70 Chevelles seems to grow also. There are a lot of red ones, but then again, whenever someone says "1970 Chevelle" a red car is what I automatically think of...just seems right. One of those cars that was meant to be red.

William
07-29-2001, 06:31 PM
Still have copy of w/s and build sheet. Really was red.

And actually rarer than an LS-6.

Mr70
07-30-2001, 02:24 AM
I would like to see that paperwork on that car.
Actually,1970 LS-5 production is even rarer then an LS-6.
But rarity doesn't instantly mean desirable.
The color spectrum was well represented at this years Indy show.