PDA

View Full Version : Motion Multi Carb cars

GMH454
07-16-2001, 04:01 AM
In the old days of Hi-Per cars (and a Motion catalog that went up for sale recently on ebay) there was a camaro with a Pro stock style scoop for I presume a tunnel ram with twin carbies. Never seen photos of such a car from the reunion. Are any such Motion cars getting around. Did any of them ever make it on the Sunrise H'way alive, or was it just promotion by JR

JoeC
07-16-2001, 01:48 PM
There were some articles in the East coast magazines showing Motion cars with the tunnel ram 2x4 setup installed. The hood in this picture looks like an early Moroso hood. Moroso was started in 1968 by Dick Moroso in CT about an hour away from Motion Performance. They both raced in the modified production class at the same tracks and must have known each other. Many of the Motion modifications were what you would see on the M/P drag cars. The Motion modifications were definitely track tested and proven combinations.

http://members.aol.com/jjcczz/images/motion73phaseiii.jpg

whitetop
07-16-2001, 02:00 PM
The Camaro that Joe posted had a Edelbrock TR-2X tunnel ram. Car was owned by Pat Tobin from Delaware. I have seen a Motion built '69 Chevelle with the same tunnel ram setup that was sold as a street racer by Motion in another article. Guy originally bought the Chevelle from Motion with a 427 single 4 barrel and later brought it back for the TR setup.
Motion used the Edelbrock TR-UR on the 70-'73 Camaro race car. Base is the same as the Tr-2X but the top has the carbs cantilevered at an angle.
Joel used the TR setup on a few other street cars but mostly ran them on the drag cars he campaigned.
TR-2X TR's are a dime a dozen today at swap meets. I've seen good ones selling for $50-$75-because nobody wants to run them today...old technology
whitetop