PDA

View Full Version : Fbody Birthday Party - Bowling Green Sept. 21-23

Andy Archer
09-05-2001, 07:36 PM
Register Now! Banquet Seating is limited!

Please come out and share these cars and educate the next generation of Fbody owners about these fantastic supercars!

The National Corvette Museum is pleased to host a General Motors F-Body Camaro/Firebird) 35th Birthday Celebration.

This mega-event is scheduled to take place from September 21 through 23, 2001 in Bowling Green, Kentucky

The three-day birthday celebration is open to all automobile enthusiasts, as it will surely offer something for everyone both young and old. Friday begins bright and early at the renowned Beech Bend Raceway Park where owners can hone their driving prowess in the low speed autocross event. At the same time, the National Corvette Museum will be open for event participants to "review" the grand display of Corvettes and the weekend highlight, The F-Body. Planned to be on centerpiece at the Museum are:

1967 Indianapolis Pace Car
1982 Indianapolis Pace Car
1993 Indianapolis Pace Car
1996 Brickyard Pace Car
ZL1 Camaro
510 Camaro
Camaro TransAm 2-seater
California Design Camaro
"Play it Loud" Camaro
Live Aid Camaro
Camaro RS (25th Anniversary)
1969 Trans Am
1972 Trans Am 455 HO
1974 Trans Am 455 Super Duty
1979 10th Anniversary Trans Am
1989 20th Anniversary Turbo Trans Am (Indy 500 Pace Car replica)
1995 Comp T/A

And more!

These fine collections of one of a kind F-bodies are courtesy of General Motors and each one has a unique place in the cars long, illustrious history. Let us take for instance, the Live Aid Camaro. It is a 1985 IROC (with less than 200 miles on it!) that was on the concert stage the night in Philadelphia, PA˜. the Live Aid song was first performed. Each of the performers signed the car˜. Then it was clear coasted˜put in a warehouse and never to be seen again˜. Until 1996!

We will meet up at the Corvette Assembly Plant afterwards for an informative tour of Corvette's birthplace. Here you will experience how another American legend comes to life. The Corvette Assembly Plant is truly unique, as it is the only Assembly Plant dedicated to production of a single automobile marquee.

Later that afternoon, the NCM will host its signature Hospitality Night. Enjoy the warm summer breeze in the Museum's Party Barn. Wallow the evening away with good food and outstanding company!

Saturday morning, find yourself amidst the snarls of GM small blocks (some big blocks too!) and the smell of burnt rubber as the owners strut their stuff at the drag races at Beech Bend Raceway Park, but make it a point to be back to the NCM in time to take in some truly unique and informative seminars and technical sessions. This venues will allow some Q&A at the end of the individual presentations, not to mention an opportunity for autographs and memories. Just to name a few of the presenters we plan to have:

Jon Moss - Chevy Specialty Vehicles. The "big-daddy" of go-fast and carry a big stick! Jon is synonymous to Camaro as speed is to a speedometer. He is the keeper of, "THE TOY STORE." What more can we say about Jon˜. Nothing, just don't miss his presentation.

John Heinricy - former Chief Engineer Camaro/Firebird. A FIA World Record Speed & Endurance TitleHolder, a renowned GM engineer and pretty decent racecar driver too!

Scott Settlemire, Camaro/Corvette Brand Team. A "Bow-Tie Red" man from the brand team. Scott has been a long time supporter of the NCM and a true car-guy!

SLP attendees will be: Jeff Yachnin, chief engineer; Dave Hamburger, website manager; Jenny Miller, Midwest Regional Manager (Sales); Reg Harris, marketing director.

LPE attendees will be: John Lingenfelter and Graham Behan, Chief R&D

It that's not enough, come join us later that afternoon as we take a leisurely drive past rolling green hills and old red barns as we take the sights only this part of South Central Kentucky can offer.

Finally that evening, enjoy the ambience of the National Corvette Museum at night as we host the gala banquet and awards presentation in the Museum's Skydome. Dine and socialize among the stars of Corvette. Featured guest speakers will entertain us well into the night.

Sunday morning, get your wash rags out and let us have a Car Show! Nothing too serious, our invited Celebrity Guests will be out and about picking their picks from the show grounds. Everyone is invited to also take in the sights and vote for their favorites ride in the People's Choice Awards. Stay around as later in the day, we'll announce the winners and allow them to do a "parade lap" around the Museum!

Amidst all of three day events are many other venues. From vendor demonstrations, to dyno testing to a variety of vendor booths and technical seminars!

To Register and get more information, Click here! (http://www.corvettemuseum.com/registration/f-body/info.shtml)

Andy Archer
[email protected]
http://www.fbodygathering.com

[Edited by Andy Archer (09-05-2001 at 02:36 PM).]

sYc
09-05-2001, 08:15 PM
Andy; Sounds like a nice event, with a lot of neat cars and interesting personalities, but, as I look at the list of "centerpiece cars", there is only 1 "supercar" included, the '69 ZL-1. Nor is there anyone listed who was/is associated with them. It appears that the Vette organizers either do not know, or maybe care, that Camaros from Yenko, Nickey, Motion, Harrell, etc. are some of the rarest and most poplular cars being shown today. Tom @ sYc

DarrylD
09-05-2001, 10:24 PM
Tom; I think you misunderstood Andy. What he meant was that he would like the supercars there, not that he thought the cars on the centerpiece list were supercars. And that he would like people like you and Brian to "educate the next gen. of Fbody owners." The cars on the centerpiece list are historically significant (along with the interesting personalities that are associated with them) and I don't think he was implying they were supercars. Being a fellow Corvette guy, I'm positive Andy knows and cares what Yenko, Motion, Dana, Nickey, Gibb, & Harrell are. Darryl

Andy Archer
09-05-2001, 10:29 PM
Tom,
Your correct about the list but rest assured it's certainly not due to a lack of interest or not caring.

In terms of having the Hero's of these muscle cars on hand, if you can direct me to those folks and they actually return calls and don't ask ridiculous appearance fees' I'll be glad to see what I can do! http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/smile.gif

At this time off the the top of my head I know Mr. Mike Riley is planning to be on hand with his cars as well as the Berger Clan.

If there is anyone here with a museum class vehicle that would like to have their car displayed, please contact me ASAP to make arrangements to have your car put Inside the building for the duration of the event.

It has ALWAYS been my intention to do what I can to help bring *ALL* Generations of Fbody owners and enthusiasts together. I can tell you beyond the shadow of doubt that there are plenty of owners of the newer cars that would like to meet and learn a little bit about the Heritage.

I hope those that are able, will come out and share their experience with everyone and have a good time in the process.

[Edited by Andy Archer (09-05-2001 at 05:29 PM).]

sYc
09-06-2001, 01:25 AM
Darryl and Andy; Sorry if I offended anyone. I realize that the centerpiece is not a supercar only display and was not trying to put down any of the cars, nor any of the invited guests. In fact, I have met several of the people on the list and know that they are very interesting speakers. I was just disappointed that none of the dealer built cars nor personalities were on the list. As per supercar owners who will return phone calls and/or not charge ridiculous appearance fees, I know several, many who visit this board. Tom

bkhpah
09-06-2001, 01:45 AM
I am always looking at the Camaro events and have not heard one word about this show till now. We have always tried to help out any Camaro event if possible. Anyone from the board interested or taking a dealer Camaro or COPO to this event? Sounds interesting..BKH

DarrylD
09-06-2001, 03:59 AM
Sorry Tom! Just felt a little ornery tonight. http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/mad.gif Actually that just came across different than I intended. I was just trying to clear up what I thought was a misunderstanding. If I went to the NCM and ran into a bunch of Yenko Camaro's I think it would make my day! You have to reallize we are getting spoiled. There are probably a lot of "car nuts" who still have never seen a Yenko in person. What a treat that would be! Darryl

Andy Archer
09-06-2001, 07:30 AM
Tom,
No offense taken at all. Sometimes as most of us know it's more difficult to be be clear via email/message boards then face to face.

Again, our sole desire is to bring the owners together and enjoy all the generations of these cars.

Because of the rarity of some of these vehicles, I'll be glad to assist any owner here to see that his/her car is able to be displayed inside the museum (if they wish)over the course of the event weekend.

If there is any particular individual that you think would like to speak in the GM theater and talk about these cars, please contact me and I'll do my best to make arrangements with them.

No need for me to go into big details but suffice to say I did in fact make a phone calls to a Gentleman who has the heritage as a tuner of the Supercars in hopes to bring him to this event. He wanted money that we didn't have to make an appearance so that was a short conversation. I suppose he has his reasons but it kinda tarnished my image of this particular person. I was pretty shocked.

But more importantly, the chance to see cars like the ones represented here is a rare opportunity for alot of folks. To talk with the guys that know the facts about these cars and can share the information and seperate the facts from the myths is a real treat for alot of us.

I sincerely hope some of you can attend the Bowling Green event with us and share what you have.

If there is anything I can do to assist anyone that's interested, please don't hesitate to contact me. Drop me an email anytime with your telephone number and I'll get back to you promptly.

Take Care,
Andy Archer
[email protected]

sYc
09-06-2001, 01:53 PM
Andy; I have a good idea who you contacted, and now I know why you have a sour taste in your mouth when it comes to the dealer built cars. I have visited with this same person in hopes he would attend the supercar reunion and ran into the same $$ request. I, like you, passed.
In closing, thanks for extending an invitation to the many supercar owners who visit this board. Tom

sYc
09-10-2001, 06:59 PM
In spaeking with Andy, it appears that at least 3-4 dealer built supercars will be attending the event. I, for one, am glad to see this, as it will be another venue to show case the supercars. Should be a fun event and I "hope" I am able to attend. The reason I say hope is because Rob is leaving Tuesday for the Pure Stock Drags with my Camaro. Anyone else on this board making plans to attend? Tom

Chevy454
09-10-2001, 07:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="">quote:</font><HR>The reason I say hope is because Rob is leaving Tuesday for the Pure Stock Drags with my Camaro. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry...I'll try and bring it back in 1 piece http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/wink.gif!