PDA

View Full Version : Pray for the lost souls

whitetop
09-11-2001, 03:47 PM
Events like this make you realize really how insignificant our cars really are.
whitetop

[Edited by whitetop (09-11-2001 at 10:47 AM).]

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
09-11-2001, 04:21 PM
That's for sure, we should enjoy this hobby for what it is and not get so wrapped up in insignificant semantics.
M

http://www.boomspeed.com/yenko/twintowers1.jpg

http://www.boomspeed.com/yenko/twintowers2.jpg

bkhpah
09-11-2001, 06:08 PM
The plane that crashed in Pa was @ 20 miles from us. I cannot believe this. As we watched the deveplopments on TV the sirens sounded in Latrobe and it was very surreal. Only a few minutes later had we learned it was so close. What is wrong with people?..BKH

Rat_Pack
09-11-2001, 06:23 PM
Just came in from outside where the sun is shining and the temp is about 72 degrees and there was not a sound coming from the local airbase or airport. This is not normal.

I got up early this morning and was on my way to Floyd Garret's and for some reason we did not leave. Then came a phone call for us to turn on the news, I thought it was a serious error in judgement by an air traffic controller, then there was the second crash. My heart goes out to all of the victims and their families.

We decided to go on to Floyd's and got about halfway there and turned around after we heard about the attack on the Pentagon. This has definitely put a "scare" into people around here in East Tennessee due to Oak Ridge being only about 20 miles from us.....
.RatPack.......

COPO PETE
09-11-2001, 06:49 PM
Just want you to know that were all thinking of you folks down there. Unbelievable!!! A prayer has been said. http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/frown.gif
Peter

GMH454
09-11-2001, 10:49 PM
Just to let you know that outside the US the shock has also been incredible. Hope everyone on the board and all there friends and family are safe.
It is a new world we now live in.
Terry

SuperNovaSS
09-11-2001, 11:26 PM
It is amazing how these terrorists can be so selfish in their cause that they are willing to sacrafice so many innocent lives. My brother left on an American Airline flight last night. I was worried sick. He made it alright, but what about the people who didn't. It is so unfair for anyone to be injured or killed by something out of their control!

Dan 68 Chevy II
09-12-2001, 01:29 AM
I was on my way to work and heard the first plane hit in N.Y.on my radio.Got to the customers house and watched in horror the 2nd plane hit the Twin Towers in N.Y.,I sit here now and still can't beleived this all happened today,my prayers go out to all these innocent people that lost their lives.
Who ever did this will unite this country even more and we will rise above all this and defeat this group of madman that did this cowardly hellish crime.

bowtie3168
09-12-2001, 07:39 PM
I was on my way to work and had the radio on. I heard what was going on and called my dad,I then drove to the scenic overlook just west of Sandy Hook also known as "Gateway National Park" out here in New Jersey. The overlook is on the side of a cliff that overlooks the ocean,the bay, and NYC. It was a heart breaking site. In the distance I could see The World Trade Center Towers they were on fire and burning but still standing. I could not stand to sit there and watch.I got in my truck and started driving, I then heard via radio that the towers had collapsed. My next door neighbor works on the stock market floor a few blocks away from the buildings, I called his wife to find out if he had called. He had not and she was in hysterics, I was going to go check on her when she suddenly called back, he was OK and needed me to pick him up at the ferry terminal. The site at the terminal was wild, at least 15 ambulances, people getting off of the ferry covered with white soot. My neighbor was fine, thank God,he was coated with the white soot too, but ok, but there are many people that my dad has placed in the financial industry that are still unaccounted for. I ask you all to keep those folks and our President in your's and my prayers.

Andrew

Belair62
09-13-2001, 01:34 AM
Brian,I heard a bright spot today about the plane that crashed in PA. ABC news was recapping some stuff and said there was a person on board who made a couple cell phone calls....the last call was to tell his parents I think that the male passengers voted to attack the lowlifes that had hijacked the plane.If not for those brave lost souls the destination may have been far worse......true heroes if that was a true story.

jbsides
09-13-2001, 03:25 AM
29 years ago I decided to devote my adult life to the defense of our country. For the last 20, I have been managing the working level people who engineer manned bomber weapons system upgrades to counter a wide variety of threats, offensively and defensively. The aeronautical engineers who have spent time leaning over the engine compartment of my '69 are a veritable "who's who" of B-1B and B-2 aircraft development and upgrade. Finer people you will not meet. We have been, in bad times and good, proud of our accomplishments. I can assure you that when the time comes for retaliation, the U.S. Air Force (Air Combat Command) will be ready... and may God help and forgive them for for what they have done...

bkhpah
09-13-2001, 11:32 AM
The President of our local Camaro club lives in the Somerset area were flight 93 went down. She lives less that a 1/2 mile from the site. She saw,heard,and felt the crash happen. Just a second or two difference it would have hit her home. She called and told me that it is unreal, you could not believe it...BKH

JoeC
09-13-2001, 02:40 PM
It is a horrendous tragedy. The list of missing people in NYC is over 4000 and there is no way to provide answers to the familles who are looking for their relatives. Many people here in CT are just waiting to hear about relatives and friends and some people have been going into the City to look for them.