PDA

View Full Version : Yenko Deuce in Super Chevy Nova special

bkhpah
09-21-2001, 11:56 AM
Dan Hornback's mean Yenko Deuce is featured in a SC special Nova issue on the news stands now. Thanks for the heads-up Andrew. I met Dan a few years ago at Vette-fest in Chicago and got to see the car at the Vette-fest special collection last year. It is a great ride and a great story behind the car. This issue also offers the readers a "very accurate Yenko clone" 69 /SC Nova. This car is beautiful for certain, but accurate in no way. Just remove the stripes and have a great ride...BKH

Mr70
09-23-2001, 05:54 AM
I Picked up this issue yesterday.WOW!Some nice article in this magazine.
Dan Hornbacks Deuce is something I haven't seen around here.I live a few minutes away from him,so I would like to go see it in person.
The feature on Dick Harrell's business is great too.Nice vintage pictures from back in the day.
There is a feature also on a black L-78 1970 SS Nova that makes me giggle a bit.I was parked next to this car 2 years ago at a SC event.The owner was so upset with the judges.They did not like his resto back then so he took it back to Calif. and torn the Nova down to restore it all over again.
I don't know many that would go to that much trouble over what an SC judge tells them.

68SS396
09-23-2001, 08:45 AM
Mr70 does the black L-78 nova you are referring to a Nick Czuko (not sure if this is spelled right). If so this car always shows up here in Az for the SC shows. He always wins the Gold Class. I have personally seen this car and the bodywork is great, but the interior is not as good. The door panels on this car are bubbled and they generally seem to detract from the overall quality of the car. I have also heard that he paints this car every year just for the SC shows. Talk about a trophy monger.

Mr70
09-23-2001, 01:12 PM
Yes,that him.
SC loves him,and he loves SC.He is really concerned with what SC thinks,and noone else.They did a Feature on him not to long ago in their magazine.
We were in Gold Class together,and he seemed very nice.But unusually obsessed as you said.
He started to nit pick my car a bit.Thats OK,we all do it to eachother.
My Chevelle being similar to his somewhat,I pointed out a few inconsistancies on his.
I noticed his Nova did not have the SMOG system.He said Calif. cars did not get them!
I said that does not make sense.
His SS wheel centers are jet black,not Charcoal as original came.And he should put original manufactured brand tires on it.Not Goodrich Radial T/A.
He does have a lot of Reproduction parts on the car.But they are missing the original details on them.
I would think these would be expected in Gold Class.
He was more concerned about his paint job,then anything else.He never left the judges alone when here.

68l30
10-01-2001, 03:11 AM
I just got my copy of the mag today,does anyone know why the 68 COPOs had the bucket seat and console option?This seems like a strange option on a sleeper/drag car considering the history of the other COPO automatics.You gotta love it,12.05 at 115 mph on the 427 conversion for $4412!

Steve