PDA

View Full Version : 69 Ca. Yenko ?

Charley Lillard
10-11-2001, 07:04 PM
A person was here the other day that said he bought a Orange 4 speed 69 Yenko from a Chevy Dealer in San Luis Obispo Ca. New. He then went on to say that the Kid he later sold it to wrapped it around a tree and that it was Totaled. He didn't strike me as a person that would make stuff up. He named the Dealer but I forgot the name. Any thoughts ?

bkhpah
10-11-2001, 09:23 PM
If it was sold new at a CA dealership it had to be a dealer trade. Yenko had no dealers in his network that far west...BKH

William
10-12-2001, 12:00 AM
Jack Head Chev in CA had a few ZL-1s, may have had access to other COPOs.

Speaking of which a few months ago I asked if anyone had evidence to indicate COPO Camaros were built at Van Nuys. Anyone come up with anything?

MikeA
10-12-2001, 11:27 AM
Were the network of dealers for the '69 Yenko cars the same as the '70 Deuces?

Mike

bkhpah
10-12-2001, 11:58 AM
Some dealers were added to the Yenko Duece program as others dropped out from the 427 program. Some dealers were the same with name changes for '70. The network changed somewhat again with the Stinger Vega program...BKH

JoeC
10-12-2001, 12:33 PM
I have heard of documented COPO Camaros built in CA but have not seen one. I did see a documented COPO Chevelle from CA.
In the Jim Mattison COPO interview in MCR, Jim did state that he remembered some COPO Camaros were built in CA. It would be nice to see one with solid documentation to really believe it though. The CA style trim tag may make indentification more difficult.

Belair62
10-13-2001, 12:29 AM
JoeC you may have been referring to my COPO Chevelle built in California. The originating dealer was Jack Head Chevrolet in Alhambra California.