PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a good New Muscle Car Movie

Dan 68 Chevy II
10-19-2001, 03:40 AM
With all the violence in this world and sh%t in the movies you think some rocket scientist in Hollywood would have made a a movie like American Graffeti.All the interest in these cars now and you think some knuckel heads in Hollywood wood have figured it out by now to write a movie on this subject,maybe even throw a little love story to get the wife/girlfriend to go.I loved the movie American Graffeti and saw it at least 10 times.Hey if they still want to put some violence in it ,then maybe violent wheelstands and burn outs.I will even let then use my car for this,but of coarse I would be Driving.I was thinking maybe they could name it Good Times.

Mr70
10-19-2001, 01:01 PM
HollyWood is so out of touch right now.They do not follow the pulse of the real world.Their biggest concern right now is where and when to have the Emmys!
They are acting like the world revolves around them.
They should put down the mirrors and take a good look at their industry.
I agree a well tought out movie on cars from back in the day would be most welcome right now.

Chevy454
10-19-2001, 01:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="">quote:</font><HR>I was thinking maybe they could name it Good Times. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As "JJ" would say: DYNO-MITE!!!!

Seriously, we need a "new" American Graffeti. Heck, they tried another Gone in 60 Seconds, why not give Grafeti a shot?

bullitt
10-19-2001, 07:31 PM
This one is almost too easy. Set the movie in 1970 and name it "Woodward." Get Tom Shaw to consult and let Chip Foose clean up some of the cars. Actually, Tom Shaw mentioned once, "If a movie was ever made about Woodward, it blow American Graffiti into the weeds." Think those idiots in Hollywood will ever catch on?--Bullitt

RN
10-20-2001, 01:00 AM
That would be neat and they could use my car! Also liked "Hollywood Nights" alot but a movie about street racing on Woodward would be awesome! Ron

Dan 68 Chevy II
10-20-2001, 01:14 PM
I remenbered seeing the name Woodward av in a article I had ,so I looked for it and found it in a book called Chevy II Nova & SS Muscle Portfolio 1962-1974 by Brookland Books.On pages 77 to 81 they have a article taken right out of Car and Driver back in 1968 about the 1968 Chevy II Nova SS 396 375 Hp.Page 79 shows the car sitting next to a street sign post,it reads Sunset Blvd and W.Woodward Av.What's the history of this street? By the way I can help them recreate that picture with one of my 68's ,one coming from Ca. originally.

Denis
10-20-2001, 06:02 PM
Speedvision is airing a show today about the Woodward cruise. It's scheduled for 1:00PM PST (4:00EST):

SpeedVision Oct 20 01
Series/Sports, 30 Mins.
"Woodward Dream Cruise", Episode #6009.
America's largest one-day car show in Detroit.

bullitt
10-23-2001, 09:09 AM
Hey there, Dan. The Woodward Avenue that I was referring to, is located in Detroit. This was the place where street legends were born. Trying to surmise the history of Woodward is a tall order. Imagine factory hot rods rolling out at night and tearing it up with the locals. Burger joints lining the streets, wicked racers and the sweet smell of burnt 100+ octane. MCR did an article on Woodward a few years ago, that is a must read. It gives you a good idea of what was going on, but it only scratches the surface of all the wonderful stories and people that made Woodward happen. The Dream Cruise is a tribute to a that bygone era of when street racing wasn't considered Public Enemy #1. It's kind of ironic that the cruise is "slowed" down now because of so many participants. I hear that it's a good time, nonetheless.--Bullittb