PDA

View Full Version : Yenko Chevelle on T.V.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-22-2001, 06:56 PM
I saw Chuck's Monaco Orange Yenko Chevelle during TV coverage of the Norwalk Stupid Chevy Show, car looked pretty good on the screen. Nice Colonial emblem on the tail panel, but why were the Yenko and 427 emblems spread out? Did they come that way on some of the Chevelles, or maybe just the Orange ones? (JoeC??) Anyone happen to see it in person? Was 'weekend at Bernie's' silver COPO Camaro there?
M

COPO
10-22-2001, 09:34 PM
I saw the show as well and was nice to see a Yenko on TV. I'd love to find one of those Colonial emblems for mine.

mrsyc
10-23-2001, 01:04 AM
Well Marlin, I can only tell you that the emblems were put back in the original holes that were in the car. I would imagine that they were put there at Yenko Chevrolet when it was new. I saw no indication that they had been moved. As far as SUPER Chevy goes, I asked for NO special considerations and I must say I was treated VERY well. There was also another Yenko owner there who feels he was treated fairly also. Tom Billigen and other Super Car owners were at SUPER Chevy Indy this past summer and felt that it was well worth attending. If you have any questions concerning my car feel free to email me! Glad to see you watched the program.

Mr70
10-23-2001, 02:10 AM
I saw that program too.It was nice to see all those Chevrolets,as well as Chucks Yenko at Norwalk.I was also parked next to T.Billigen at Indy last July and had one of the best times at a carshow in a long time.
Good people make a carshow successful,not just their cars. http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/smile.gif

T Billigen
10-23-2001, 12:40 PM
I think Rick said it right, it takes good people to make a good car show. Super Chevy has treated me very well over the years.And many of the Super Car members have been in the winners circle. Rick Peters, Mick Price, Bob Adcock, Mike Grey, Chuck Huber just to name a few. As far as Chuck's car goes, I'm sure it is a beautiful resto. When these cars had emblems and stripes put on by kids at Yenko, I don't think they were very consitant, so who can say what is right or wrong. Any time you are featured by ESPN2 for a spot on their show is a great honor,congratulations Chuck. (this was the Super Chevy at Columbus)

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-23-2001, 01:15 PM
I'm not saying that the emblems were right or wrong, just curious as to their placement. I know the kids weren't very consistent with their work!! Are there others? Where are yours JoeC?

I like car shows, I just don't like Roger Gustin Enterprises!! I don't want to turn this post into another SCS bashing, so I'll stop.
M

JoeC
10-23-2001, 01:37 PM
The Yenko Chevelle rear emblems that I have seen in original pictures are spaced about 5 in from center line of car to centerline of emblem. The COPO Chevelle came from the factory with the black SS rear panel but no SS emblem therefore no preexisting holes like on the 69 Camaros. So the Yenko and 427 emblem could have been mounted with some variance left to right. The funny thing about the Yenko Chevelles is some came with the 68 style Yenko 427 emblem and some have the 69 style. There seems to be no pattern because there were early and late Yenko Chevelles with the 68 style. The 68 and 69 427 embles do not interchange so if the car has it's original back panel you can tell which emblem was there originally. I missed the TV show but will look for a rerun.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-23-2001, 02:25 PM
Where did you find the 'COLONIAL' emblem?? Did the current Colonial have them?
M

mrsyc
10-23-2001, 08:59 PM
The plate and the emblem came with the car. In fact it came with two plates and two emblems. I asked the same question and I was assured that they were originals and not a current item. I haven't seen any others before or since.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-23-2001, 09:38 PM
I don't recall a plate from the TV show - I probably missed it when Benjamin was spittin up on my sYc Reunion shirt!!! I assume you mean a COLONIAL license plate??
Cool Emblem, can it be reproduced for the other Colonial car owners?
M

bkhpah
10-24-2001, 01:11 AM
Nice car Chuck. A good friend of mine bought a 74 Z/28 new from Colonial. He said it has the same logo on the rear and he has it somewere. I did not see the plate. I will ask if he had one on his. Was the Colonial emblem pin or taped on?...BKH

BACKN 68
10-25-2001, 01:50 PM
My '68 Chevelle had the original COLONIAL emblem taped on. It now resides on my toolbox. Having spent some time in Norfolk, VA. serving in the Navy, I believe that the COLONIAL emblems are probably more common than you think. If they were using the same emblem from '68 thru at least '74, that leaves an awful lot of cars that left that dealership with that emblem. Perhaps a scrounge of some local salvage yards around Norfolk would turn up a nice example.

Kent

[Edited by BACKN 68 (10-25-2001 at 08:50 AM).]

JoeC
10-26-2001, 11:24 AM
The Yahoo TV listing shows the Mother's Car Show repeat on today. ESPN2 Oct 26 01:00pm I think this is the show with Chuck's Yenko on it.

Stefano
10-27-2001, 05:50 AM
The cover of 'Drag Life ' May of 1969 ,which has the 1969 Yenko Camaro is not very clear.

Is that the stock Bowtie with a Yenko Badge to the right, on the tail pannel?

Has anyone seen tail pannel dirivations for Yenko Camaros?

bkhpah
10-27-2001, 12:23 PM
Before Yenko removed the Bow Tie as a rule, the rear bowtie had 427 numeral placed within the bowtie with a Yenko crest to the right. This is only seen on the test car in pictures. Am not sure if any others followed this stlye. Most common is the bowtie removed with 427 and Yenko crests staggered because of existing holes. Some Yenko Camaros did not have the grill emblem removed. It was most likley a case of who did the installation and how soon a standard was set by Yenko. It is more likley that variations would be seen on the earlier cars before a standard was in place....BKH

[Edited by bkhpah (10-27-2001 at 07:23 AM).]