PDA

View Full Version : '57

bowtie3168
11-09-2001, 01:36 PM
A friend of mine is trying to find out more info on his hi-po '57 Chevy. The car is a California built (seamless chassis/one piece bumpers) 1957 Chevrolet 150 buisness coupe (rear seat delete,heater and cigarette lighter delete, armrest and visor only for the drivers side), Inca Silver/Imperial or India Ivory two tone. The car had a 270 hp dual quad 283 with "bat-wing" air cleaner/ 3 speed close ratio manual trans (on the column), to a 4:11.1 rear end (might be posi). Now here is the "COPO" part: The car was certified a winner in the "senior class" at Hershey Pennsylvania this past fall and while there a gentleman informed my friend that the car might have been part of a special plan between the California Highway Patrol and Chevrolet Motor Division for a test for the company who would have been awarded the bid for the pursuit cars for the CHP in 1957. Ford Motor Car Company submitted vehicles as well. The car is a 150 which is different from the "Black Widow" 210s that were built as promo cars by Chevy. The car that I am describing also is equipped with a heavy duty suspension and a heavy front sway bar which would not have been desirable for a "drag-car". This car has 0 (no) paperwork. Any contributing info would greatly be appreciated.

Andrew