PDA

View Full Version : Help a diecast guy

copo69
11-25-2001, 02:54 AM
This was posted on a 1/18 diecast board.

Could someone help me with the following questions-

I have seen Yenko valve cover emblems. Were they on the '69 Yenko Camaros and where on valve covers were they located?

I have seen the 1:1 'yenko tuned' decals. Where were they placed on the real Yenko Camaros, under hood, on window, or???

Were the Yenko tuned decals/stickers put on the Yenko Deuces and Chevelles too, and where?

Thanks guys for your time.

Ron
Anybody care to help?

JoeC
11-26-2001, 04:39 PM
In the original pictures I have seen there is only the red and white Yenko 427 decal under the hood. No air filter decals. No Yenko valve cover decals. No Yenko tuned decal. Safe to use original pictures but of course another car my have a different decal arrangement added by Yenko or the selling dealer. In my opinion since Chevy was not supposed to build over 400 cu in Camaros or Chevelles they tried to be secretive about the COPO 427s. They were non SS big block cars which normally could not be ordered for 1969 Camaros or Chevelles. The factory did not install any 427 identification or even put SS emblems on them except maybe a few got an SS steering wheel emblem and the non 9737 Chevelles mostly used the SS wheel w/center cap.

copo69
11-27-2001, 03:01 AM
Thanks, Joe

Denis
11-28-2001, 10:19 PM
Ron, go to www.google.com, (http://www.google.com,) select the "Images" tab and search on Yenko. You'll get a couple of hundred hits, many of which will show you engine photos.