PDA

View Full Version : Speedvision Changing

bullitt
11-30-2001, 10:29 AM
I haven't posted in awhile, because of work and such. Anyways, back a few months ago, one of you guys mentioned that Speedvision was going to change it's line-up to Nascar coverage, which might result in the cancellation of programs like American Muscle Car. After visiting the Speedvision website, I've come to find out that they will relaunch in February under the name "Speed Channel." Guess those new owners from Fox really spent alot of time coming up with that new name. They are now saying that this Nascar coverage will be from 3pm EST to 12am every weekday! Does this spell the end of AMC and other great shows like Dream Car Garage? I'm also a road racing nut and will be very disappointed if the main focus is Nascar, which I feel is covered good enough already. What will happen to these shows which are dedicated to car that we all love? Does anyone have any more information? Man, I'm getting depressed. --Bullitt

SS427
11-30-2001, 11:37 AM
Let's not forget all the old movies they run such as Bullit, Two Lane Blacktop, Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry, Gone in Sixty Seconds, etc, etc. I very much look forward to those every week. However, TNN has picked up some of those car and racing shows.

Lately my Speedvision Channel has 1/2 hr advertisements for Bowflex! Get real!

[Edited by SS427 (11-30-2001 at 06:37 AM).]

AutoInsane
11-30-2001, 01:32 PM
It was a bit confusing from the write up on the web site. Will 'Nascar TV' be optional ,due to the fact that they bill it as 'a channel with-in a channel', or will SpeedVision be completely changed?? Tune in to find out!

JoeC
11-30-2001, 01:37 PM
Speedvision would show some great old car races and commercials sometimes. I hope they continue to do this. You see some weird stuff in the old footage. I was watching a stock car race from 1972 and some guy was running in the back of the field in a 1969 Chevelle. The car had an SS hood and grill with no SS emblems on it. It looked like a COPO Chevelle. NASCAR did allowed 427s so I wondered if it was a real COPO Chevelle that someone found in 1972 and built a stock car from it. Another time I was watching a movie called "The Racing Scene" with James Gardner and it showed the Sebring 1969 race. A Camaro race car drove by with "YENKO" painted on the side. I checked it out and Don Yenko did race a ZL1 powered Camaro in that race. I still have not been able to find a VHS copy of this movie.

whitetop
11-30-2001, 04:23 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else turn the channel whenever Speedvision runs Formula One type races? Those cars make the most annoying noise I've ever heard. Makes your teeth chatter.
whitetop

bbdon
11-30-2001, 11:45 PM
I saw the latest news on this at another site. The Nascar TV will be on two nights a week, Monday and Wednesday. Which leaves time for other stuff. We don't have this channel in Santa Rosa anyway, you guys who do have it are lucky.

Baldwin
12-02-2001, 06:31 AM
Then who is going to show the greatest race in the world, LeMans 24 hours? BTW I like Formula 1, very quick and exciting, I happen to like more than 1 direction of turning.

Stefano
12-02-2001, 11:15 PM
Formula 1 Rocks, but the ultimate road course Motor Sport is World Superbike Racing!

[Edited by Stefano (12-02-2001 at 06:15 PM).]

bullitt
12-04-2001, 04:18 AM
Stefano and Baldwin, you guys think like me! I like WSB too, but World Supersport is even more competitive as well as AMA 600. I stayed up to watch 20 of the 25 hour coverage of LeMans this year. Needed some sleep, so I missed out on a few hours that Sunday. Sebring was fantastic with the commercial free hour at twilight in October. Simply amazing! I'm a diehard Shcumacher and Ferrari fan, as well as a diehard F1 follower, too. Did you guys catch the F1 Year in Review, today? I can't wait for the season to start. Bob Varsha had mentioned the change to Speed Channel and the pursuit in obtaining F1 rights for next year. --Bullitt

[Edited by bullitt (12-03-2001 at 11:18 PM).]