PDA

View Full Version : A Nicky Camaro In NJ

Joe
12-30-2001, 11:08 PM
My friend just told me that Future classics has a Nicky Camaro . It's on rt 88 in Lakwood NJ . Anyone know the car ?

Rat_Pack
12-30-2001, 11:12 PM
Isn't that the same place that used to be called Golden State Classics? If so I would not hold my breath on it being real..............RatPack...............

Rat_Pack
12-30-2001, 11:30 PM
I checked this 67 Nickey out on their website and the car looks really good. I would be curious to see what they have for documentaion.........RatPack.................

I don't know how to make the link clickable but here it is: <A HREF="http://www.futureclassicsnj.com

" TARGET=_blank>www.futureclassicsnj.com

</A>

SuperCars
12-30-2001, 11:34 PM
I called on the car. Was told it was a real Nickey. Price was $50,000, and Of course there is no paperwork?? But if I gave him my phone number, he would have the owner call me who could prove to me it is a real Nickey?? I did just to see what kind of story they would come up with. No call was ever returned to me; just as I expected.

Stefano
12-31-2001, 01:11 AM
Does any one know the official accepted number of currently documented Nicky built Super Cars?

Rat_Pack
12-31-2001, 02:47 AM
Hey sixtiesmuscle maybe you can answer that question. Also do you have any info on the 67 Nickey in NJ?

Stefano: lets see from what I remember there are 3 - 67 Camaro's (Tahoe Turquoise, Emerald Turquoise, and Bolero Red with a black vinyl top), a 67 Chevelle, a 69 L78 Chevelle in Maroon, a 69 Camaro Z/28 in Hugger Orange, possibly one 68 Camaro, and I have heard of two more Camaro's, one being a second gen with an L-88. I must not forget the 2 - 73 Novas that are out there. Kevin has an old drag car 69 Z-28 that has an L88 in it that the original MSO was Nickey (one badass car!). That comes to approx 12 that may exist. I may have missed one or two, sorry if I did............RatPack...........

sixtiesmuscle
12-31-2001, 02:56 AM
I spoke with the owner about a month ago. He bought it a couple of years ago from that "slick Nick" guy that has been discussed here before, as a replica. There were NO docs then, and, NO docs now. He put the engine & dual quads in to make it look like the Bill Thomas test car in all the articles. It has incorrect traction bars, and no sign of ever having an electric fuel pump. Not conclusive, but, pretty telling for a real car.
It is a very nice car, for $30K maybe, as a "replica" the way HE bought it.
The orange '69 is a "questionable" car. I'm being generous at that. I'll try to talk to the guy who ran the Hi-Po department to see what he recalls about numbers.

[Edited by sixtiesmuscle (12-30-2001 at 09:56 PM).]

bkhpah
12-31-2001, 12:27 PM
A fellow about a year ago drove up to Super Car Workshop to check out Joe's Harrell Chevelle. He said that he was working on a Nickey Camaro and felt that since Dick Harrell was involved with Nickey that the engine detail from Joe's car would be a close reference. I told him OK. After taking a ton of pictures, he told me that the car he was working on was most likley NOT a real car but he liked it very much. He had no documents. I am certain that he was from Jersery and had purchased the car from Golden Classics?. If someone has a name it may ring a bell. We found out after we helped the guy out it was a BS car. Could this be the same car?...BKH

Dave Rifkin
12-31-2001, 03:15 PM
I've seen a "supposedly real" Nickey 1967 Camaro here in NJ at a local car show. It was burgundy with a black interior. I'm no expert but I highly doubt that it is authentic. Some older guy was there with the car and he didn't know much about it. As far as Golden Clasics goes, it seems that everyone here already knows that they sell questionable cars at outrageous prices.

Rat_Pack
12-31-2001, 03:51 PM
Must be the same car as the one they have for sale is Burgandy with a black interior..............RatPack............

TimG
12-31-2001, 04:12 PM
Two years ago at the spring Chevy/Vettefest
a fellow showed his 1967 Nickey Camaro that he purchased new. It was well documented and in good shape. The thing that caught my attention was that is had a 1968 L71 Corvette motor in it. Low rise intake, temp senders on heads and all on a 1967 Camaro.
I spoke with him for a long time and finally asked him why a 68 engine in a 67 car. As the paperwork showed, he purchased the car in late September of 1967 and Nickey had a row of new 1968 model engines to choose from. The new low rise 1968 tri-power intake could fit under the hood and he chose that engine. I know that I would have questioned this on an undocumented car that had been through the mill but here was a logical explination as to why the car was delivered that way. The engine was painted yellow also.

Stefano
12-31-2001, 07:22 PM
Rat_Pack,
Great info.

COPO
12-31-2001, 08:10 PM
Tim G,

I've heard a few conflicting reports on this car if it's the same one that was at the most recent Chevy Vette Fest in Nov. of 2001. Anyone know this car?

[Edited by COPO (12-31-2001 at 03:10 PM).]

Rat_Pack
12-31-2001, 08:23 PM
A friend just talked to the guys at Future Classics and they say it is a "Nickey" car but cannot guarantee it. No proof but said if it was documented it would bring $100k. Price is $40k right now.............RatPack..........

Belair62
12-31-2001, 08:38 PM
The car at Vettefest has been around a long time.Rather an elusive fellow.There were sure a lot of trophies around it.......!!!

Mr Yenko
12-31-2001, 08:42 PM
I saw the documentation on that so called Nickey car at the Vette Fest.It seemed alittle BOGUS to me.BP

sixtiesmuscle
12-31-2001, 09:16 PM
The blue car is VERY questionable, original owner/paperwork and all. If you're willing to lie, and, have the patience to make up some documents, you can fake almost anything. Again, the absence of correct, Bill Thomas, traction bars and electric fuel pump, especially on a L71 car, is a pretty good clue. The yellow engine thing means NOTHING. Nickey didn't paint their engines yellow as a practice. The only one I've seen that is a sure thing was the one in the Bill Thomas test car. I don't believe they painted them yellow as a rule on the west coast either.

68imp
12-31-2001, 09:49 PM
There is a 1966 Nickey 427/425 4-speed Impala in northwestern Ohio.It is black with a black bench seat interior.

bkhpah
12-31-2001, 10:04 PM
I am fairly certain that the car that the gentleman was working on was Burgandy. Beware!!...BKH

sixtiesmuscle
01-01-2002, 12:12 AM
Welcome 68IMP. There are lots of cars that were sold at Nickey. It was a very large dealership. The '66-69 "big cars" with L72s were available as RPO cars so they weren't that unusual. Neat for sure. Just not a COPO or 427 transplant car. That said, is it for sale, and, what's the number???

Tenney
01-01-2002, 01:45 AM
Haven't been to the Chevy/Vettefest in a few years, but do recall a turquoise Nickey Camaro w/a yellow block in the Chicago area.

First saw this car at a show at a drive-in theater in Waukegan around '82, or so. It was later traded to an area service station owner for a '66 427/425 'Vette. Subsequently, it was owned by a fairly noted local auto painter. Don't know the car's current whereabouts.

Not positive that this car is legit, but it was always rep'd as a Nickey even before it mattered all that much. Oh, and the body shop guy was (and probably still is) a reasonably thorough individual and I doubt he'd have stepped up if it wasn't the real deal.

Oh, and did I mention that the block was yellow?

Rat_Pack
01-01-2002, 03:44 AM
Tenney, check out the pictures from this years reunion and look at Jim Pearse's 67 Nickey. It is Emerald Turquoise, he has a business that is body shop related, and the engine is Yellow! Check it out, it is an old hot rod, fat tires, American Torque Thrusts, traction bars, etc. Oh yeah, the car is unrestored with original paint...........RatPack.....................

Tenney
01-01-2002, 05:39 AM
Thanks, Rat Pack. The car looks familiar and the name rings a bell. Good to see (and not surprised) that it has been well-preserved.

L72COPO
01-01-2002, 01:55 PM
68imp, the car in NW Ohio is from a Toledo suburb. The owner, can't remember his name, is the service manager at a import car dealer in Sylvania, OH. The car is a 427 but is not a Nickey. The owner told me that he bought the Nickey decals at a Super Chevy event. He never represents the car as a Nickey. The car is super nice a real joy to look at.

JoeC
01-01-2002, 03:05 PM
If I remember correctly Jim's 67 Nickey was sold with a L88 and still has 350 emblems on the fenders. The block is painted yellow and I have heard of other Nickey cars that were sold with yellow painted motors. I made a note from an article on the Nickey cars that stated there were about 300 427 transplant cars sold between 1967 and 1969. The article stated Nickey was owned by Edward and John Stephani. I do not know if this info is correct but the writer seemed to know about the Nickey dealership.

ChrisS
01-01-2002, 04:12 PM
Rat_Pack or anyone else, is anything more known about the L-88/second gen Camaro?

Rat_Pack
01-01-2002, 07:40 PM
Not much known other than what was printed in the dealer brochure from Nickey. Cars could have been ordered with anything from a 350 - 454. Only one person in the US can identify a Nickey car and from what I am told it is very hard and expensive..............RatPack..........

Fhakya
01-01-2002, 10:40 PM
I have an ad showing that 2nd gen Nickey. Looks to have wheel flares and If I remember correctly, it was an RS sans the bumpers. And as stated above was available with numerous engine options. I wonder if they made a few w/ these body mods.
-Mark

sixtiesmuscle
01-02-2002, 01:58 AM
What year is the ad, and, can you post it?

68imp
01-02-2002, 04:16 PM
L72copo,sorry for the misinformation.But I do recall seeing ``Nickey built 427 Impala``next to a photo of the car a few years back in Super Chevy.Awesome car though with the black paint,small hub caps,blackwall tires.Sort of a ``Dirty Mary crazy Larry``special but with two doors instead of four.

HLZ
01-03-2002, 07:11 PM
I wanted to respond to these posts since I own the car that everyone is talking about. I did buy the car from Nick at Golden Classics and have dealt with him the past. I have always been very happy with the cars I have bought and was shocked to read the postings that the cars he sells may be questionable.

When I purchased the car it was conveyed to me as an excellent replica, possibly an original. I have been able to trace the heritage back to the original title that was held in Chicago. With all the original parts in it that are unreplacablely Nicky and the origin being Chicago, we are sure it is an original. Without the paper work to back it up, we are selling it as an Excellent Replica. The price is very reasonable, particularly if it turns out to be an original down the road, when we all know they can go for over $100,000.00.

Please feel free to email me back with any further questions regarding the car.

HLZ

sixtiesmuscle
01-03-2002, 09:09 PM
This is a good place to justify why you think it is a real Nickey. What parts are "unreplaceably Nicky"?

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
01-03-2002, 09:13 PM
"the cars he sells may be questionable" !?!?!?

The cars he sells are unquestionably some of the worst fakes/clones/scams that exist in the market. It's kind of fun to go there and listen to the salespeople impress prospective buyers with their infinite knowledge, want to go for a daytrip MikeA??
M

Joe
01-03-2002, 10:51 PM
when ya guys goin ? mabe we can hit up a local GoGo Bar ?

Muscle Car Jon
01-03-2002, 11:48 PM
I have been visiting this site for several months and I have to respond to all this dealership bashing and bitching. This makes me sick to see a great site like this go to the toilet because of a bunch of guys who seem to have it out for one particular dealer. Why? What about all the other classic car dealers in the USA? I have seen some real over priced junk at some of these other places. Mike A, when was the last time you were at that dealer? A lot of the cars they have there now are killer! Are you jealous of the cars they have? What about the rest of you? Are you all talking from experience or just from "what you heard"? Not everyone can afford a $100,000 supercar. Mike, I see you own a mid to later 70's NOVA, not even a car from the best era of the muscle cars. Looks like a nice car, but its what you can afford. THATS THE POINT! Buy what you can afford! I'd love to buy a real nice true Yenko, but I can't. I'll take a clone for $35,000, if it is everything a real Yenko is for a third of the price just because it wasn't built by Don Yenko himself. I went to the very dealer you are questioning today after reading these postings on this Nickey Camaro and I have never seen a collection of cars like this at any other classic car shop anywhere around here. I have visited many shops in New Jersey, Maryland, Ohio, CT, FL, etc. Those guys really get some of the best cars I have ever seen! They have had a few clones there, but I have never been mislead that they were real. They had told me straight out that the Nickey was a replica and thats how it was to be sold. They also told me what this gentleman was saying about researching the past on this car. HELLO PEOPLE, they only can tell you what information that owners of the cars tell them! I also remember a few cars they took to Atlantic City last year. Yes, one was a Yenko Clone and the other was a ZL1 replica. If the guy there did not tell me they were clones, I would have never known. He was truthful and stated that they were replica's, and very well built. Again, no problems, no lies. The amount of CLEAN frame off cars in one location was impressive. Sure, they have some not so restored cars, but again, they truthfully told me about them and never tried to do me wrong. Before you all start to bad mouth a business, go there and see for yourself like I did. I wanted to post something a few days ago, but I wanted to see with my own eyes how they operated and what quality of cars they had in stock first hand, knowing what was said here. I would think that if the rest of you did the same, you will see high quality cars with people who are honest about the product they sell. Take my comments for what you will, but I at least can gather my own opinions on fact from a dealer that treated me, with respect and honesty. Thank you for the forum to express my thoughts. Jon

jbsides
01-04-2002, 12:38 AM
Muscle Car Jon,

Here is one example of Golden Classic's "representations." Take a look at the photos and then talk to this guy or email him. he will tell you all about his experience. Copy the url and paste it into your url window, or someone help me make this a clickable link...

http://www.cars-on-line.com/68chev5581.html

This is not just misrepresentation it is illegal...

JB

Muscle Car Jon
01-04-2002, 01:54 AM
I have seen this 68 Z28 guy all over the internet and he placed an ad in the local paper in New Jersey. I question the sanity of a guy who would risk slander charges. Where's the proof that the dealership did it? Did this guy ever talk to the actual owner of the car, before or after the car was bought? Did he have someone check the car out for him before spending big money on a car across the country from him. Sounds stupid to spend $20-30k on a car without getting an outside person to look at it if he didn't want to fly out to see the car. What's a few hundred when you are ready to spend thousands? I've driven 20 hours to Florida to see cars I wanted to buy, and they were only in the $12,000 range. What about factory defects? I suppose you have never seen a double stamping, badly aligned stampings, or casting slag on a block? These things are mass production, errors do happen. There is a website Camaros.net or .org that brings this very subject up. You have seen the pictures, you would have to pull an engine, remove the head, & deck the motor to get the block that smooth, just to restamp the numbers? Seems like a lot of work to get an extra buck from a car that had all the right date codes already on the engine? Did the dealer recast the engine to make those right too? Maybe the shop who built the motor when it was first restored wanted to put the original numbers back on the motor after it was machined, and just didn't do a perfect job? I feel sorry for the guy if he is not happy with his car, but look at the pictures... THAT CAR IS NICE! I used to run a shop for two years and left after all the BS that customers come up with. Maybe I am playing Devils Advocate, but I know what its like to be on the other side of false accusations. I stress that everyone who wants to comment on the dealership Future Classics, or any other dealer for that matter, should do what I did and visit them, see the cars, and talk with the people who work there and then come to your own conclusions on personal facts like I did. Again, I thank you for letting me speak my mind. God Bless America - Jon

bbdon
01-04-2002, 02:57 AM
So I'm not the only one here who has a late model Nova (http://www.nnnova.com/) ? That's great! But I don't see what that has to do with misrepresenting a supercar. Looking just at the posts here, we see that callers to the Golden classics dealership are being told that a car is genuine. Then we find out from the car's owner that he is not sure that it is real. Try to defend this conduct all that you want, it is free speech, fine. But you have an uphill battle. Also, I do not think that this site is going into the toilet, quite the opposite, it is steadily improving.

Charley Lillard
01-04-2002, 04:09 AM
Jon.....From the pics it is very obvious that the engine and trans are VERY bad restamps. I believe the car was represented as #'s matching ? The Dealer has a License. There are Conducts he is supposed to abide by. People buy things long distance without going to look at them by going on another persons word. Apparently the Buyer relied on the Dealers word. If it was sold as a #'s matching car and is not, the Dealer either Misled the buyer or didn't know what he was selling. He should have taken the car back. Regardless of the condition of the car , there is a BIG difference in value if the components are restamps.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
01-04-2002, 12:13 PM
Jon;
I have visited 'Golden Classics', so don't act like you are the only one who has been there.

They sell sh$t, plain and simple.

My wife and I watched while they lied to a young guy and his family about a '71 BB Chevelle. When I told him where to look on the block for the stampings, Nick pulled me out of there to look at a bunch of '69 Z's - wow none of them were X33's or X77's, but they were all painted non-original huggar orange and daytona yellow and represented to me as frame off correct resto cars! Is this how a dealer should act? Obviously not, since he has been sued numerous times.

If you couldn't tell that their Yenko and ZL1 was a replica, then you need to do some homework on what to look for.
M

bkhpah
01-04-2002, 12:31 PM
This board has welcomed people that are making clone cars. It's part of the hobby. If the owner is up front about it. Also it is aware of what is going on in the hobby. If a bogus car is being passed off as a real car and people give a warning as to its authenticity what's wrong with that. I am not going to waste my time chasing a fake. I have done plenty of that. This board has helped far more people than it has hurt. If you think you have a real car it is often determined right or wrong on this site. If someone has felt he had a Yenko, this site has helped to verify it. No charge ever. Try that somewere else. I hope that the Nickey car mentioned in this thread turns out to be real. Good things sometimes happen...BKH

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
01-04-2002, 12:45 PM
Hey Joe;
No go-go bars for me, but maybe we hit the SLP joint there in Toms River? I'd like an '02 Firehawk!
M

Stefano
01-04-2002, 02:51 PM
Yenko Deuce Registry:
One of our Dlr clients just took a 1999 Firehawk on trade. Off the top of my head, its silver, 6 speed with T-tops 36,000 miles and used as a daily driver. They are asking $18,500.00. Just FYI.

Camaroinaz
01-04-2002, 03:16 PM
Muscle Car Jon - You should go to Camaros.net and read the posts from the gentlmen who owns the "68 Z" that is on Cars-on-line. He is not risking the slander charges, because he has consulted with his attorney on the subject, and from what I have read is close to reaching a successful end to his tribulations with "Golden Classics/Future Classics". If I remember correctly from discussions, he called this dealer after seeing the car posted, and the dealer represented the car as original and numbers matching. Only after paying the dealership for the vehicle and having it transported did he find out that it was not legit. Now, he should shoulder some of the blame for not inspecting the car before purchase, but the dealer shoulders even more of the blame for not representing the car for what it was.

As for the quality of this board. As one of those who can not afford one of the real versions of these cars right now, it is at least comforting to know that if I do find myself in a postion one of these days to afford one, that I have a resource by which to check on the pedigree of the vehicle in question. It is also a great forum to learn how to identify these cars. 99.9% of those on the board have been very helpful, and have put up with a lot of BS from people who know nothing of these cars. Without this resource, how many more "real" cars would be sold at inflated costs. The gentlemen who own these rare and desirable vehicles have no vested interest in distributing their knowledge of these vehicles. If we keep one another informed of questionable practices of dealers or private sellers, then maybe some of these clones will not be sold as original cars and maybe someone will be spared the heartache and trouble of finding out their car is one of the "original" numbers matching vehicles that were never made. Sorry for the rambling, but this board has been an immense help to me, and everyone has been very helpful over the last year in responding to my novice questions.

Rat_Pack
01-04-2002, 06:12 PM
Jon, I agree with Charley and Brian about what this board does. It helps more people for free than hurts them.

The owner of the car in question made a post that he could not verify the car as a legit Nickey. So he was emailed with the name and phone number of a guy that could help him get his car verified. A prospective buyer called instead, stating the seller told him that he could verify the car. Why do something like that when if it was a legit car the price would have gone up 100%? To me the owner knows this car is not a legit car and he took a chance that the prospective buyer would buy the car and spend the money himself to get it verified and would find out it was bogus. The seller gets his money and the buyer has a very nice Nickey clone for $40k.

By doing this the seller not only ruined the sale to this buyer but ruined his chances or anyones chances of ever getting the car looked at to be verified. The one guy that can verify a Nickey Camaro, and he verified the Nickey Camaro that was at this years reunion plus a couple of other Nickey cars, will not even talk to anyone about verifying this car at Future Classics. The seller has ruined it for anyone wanting this done. All he had to do was contact the person that he was told to and he would have been able to decide for himself whether to have the car verified. All he did was make the contact person mad.

So Jon, is this the way business should be done? The owner/seller of the car ruining a possible sale plus any chance of getting this car verified as a legit Nickey? To me this car is bogus until the guy comes up with legit paperwork that the car was converted to a 427 at Nickey originally and is verified by all previous owners and it will still be questionable because of its known history here...................RatPack................

[Edited by Rat_Pack (01-04-2002 at 01:12 PM).]

HLZ
01-04-2002, 07:33 PM
I want to let all know that I did not contact anyone last night about my Nickey. I have consigned the car with Future Classics and have no dealings with any potional buyers.

I run a very busy company and do not have the time to play these games. This is why I am not handling the sale. This subject seems to keep going on and on... let's stop beating a dead horse. It is an excellent replica of a Nickey. I would appreciate anyone going to look at the car and verify it themselves. Please let me know what your findings are..

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
01-04-2002, 08:05 PM
HLZ;
The only person playing a game is you! This stuff about 'unreplaceably Nickey', tracing it back to Chicago, maybe it is/isn't, we're sure it's an original... - that's the game trying to be played on unsuspecting buyers. I'm sorry that it doesn't go over real big here on this sight.
You might ask Nick to change the description on his sight to 'NICKEY Replica'. Good luck with the sale.
M

http://www.futureclassicsnj.com/carlistframe.htm

[Edited by YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY (01-04-2002 at 03:05 PM).]

HLZ
01-04-2002, 08:17 PM
Actually, I have called Future Classics regarding the add on web be changed to include "undocumented" Nickey.

I have been able to trace the title back to Chicago and feel this is a great lead to its originality.

How many replica Nickey's have you seen out there and how much do they sell for? How would you value a replica? Where would you place the value?

Steven J
01-04-2002, 09:07 PM
Would someone be able to post the VIN for this car ? I know someone that may be able to help with the backround of the car.

Belair62
01-04-2002, 10:37 PM
I just sold one that was a very nice car with T.I.,Alum heads,M-22,tach drive,elect fuel pump,p/db,p/s,L88 intake,cragars with Nickey emblems....for a lot less than 30k.It was capable of fooling people but it was always a clone and sold as such.

Joe
01-04-2002, 11:07 PM
Hey HLC ,
I did email ya in regards to your car . I think she's pretty sweet . You never even said thanks ?

Mr70
01-04-2002, 11:59 PM
There are at least 4 of us in on this topic that are from the Chicagoland area.
Why not take advantage of our resources here and pass the past owner info and VIN# onto us,so we can follow up on its true History?
Maybe "Nick" isn't lying.Nickey Chevrolet did sell Regular Chevrolet cars as well. http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/wink.gif

Rat_Pack
01-05-2002, 03:52 AM
I am not questioning the quality of this Camaro, only its legitamacey as a Nickey conversion. This car started life as an SS350 from the info on the trim tag. So whoever did the conversion to a big block did change all of the corresponding parts and did a nice job. With a little extra detailing under the hood this car could be made into a extremely nice Camaro no matter what its history is. It may not be getting a fair shake here because of the dealers history that is brokering it for the owner. I am guilty of it also. I say let someone do the legwork on finding out the original dealer and then take it from there............RatPack......................

SuperNovaSS
01-05-2002, 05:43 AM
I could be wrong, but if this car was an SS-350 and the car was built by Nickey before the big block option was available, shouldn't it have a small block heater box? Just Curious.

Jason

[Edited by SuperNovaSS (01-05-2002 at 12:43 AM).]

Rat_Pack
01-05-2002, 11:23 AM
Jason, it should have the small block heater box, frame brackets, and fan shroud if it was built before the bb was available. However, the build date on this car is 06B, 2nd week of June 67 long after the bb was available from Chevrolet. This still does not rule out the car came from Nickey nor that it was not converted either. Just at some point during its life the car got all of the correct bb parts installed............RatPack..............

Joe
01-05-2002, 11:32 AM
Well HLC returned my email , a very nice one at that . Thanks bud good luck ,and happy new year : )

SuperNovaSS
01-06-2002, 02:27 AM
I'm not too familiar with Nickey cars but wouldn't they have started with a big block if it was available. It seems it would be more profitable for Nickey to start with a big block car. Not only would all the parts be there for a quick swap, but they would have a big block to get rid of instead of a small block. This may be an obvious observation but like I said I don't know much about Nickey cars.

Jason

MikeA
01-06-2002, 03:04 AM
Jon,

First of all I donĂt remember being overly critical of Future Classics business practices in any of my posts. Secondly, I can assure you that any comment I did make about Future Classics was NOT inspired by jealousy of the cars they have on their lot! I own a śmid to later 70's NOVA” (Ă72 Nova SS) and even though itĂs śnot even a car from the best era of the muscle cars” I enjoy owning and driving my Nova and that is what this hobby is about. I have not been Future Classics in a while because I felt there was no need to go back.

Marlin,

Sure, IĂm up for a daytrip. When to you want to go?

Mike

[Edited by MikeA (01-05-2002 at 10:04 PM).]

Rat_Pack
01-06-2002, 03:56 AM
Jason, yes that is true it was easier to do that. From all of the info I know that is what was done once the 396 became available. All they did was swap out the short block for a 427 if a customer wanted it. Now some cars got aluminum heads, aftermarket intakes, different carbs, some with dual 4bbls, headers, traction bars both the single bar like Bill Thomas made and the Lakewood bars, it was whatever the customer wanted. Not all cars were built like the two or three test cars with the yellow engines and dual 4's. Most were base L72 transplants and the engines were orange.

Like I said earlier, it is possible if this car came from Nickey that this bb conversion was done but it is very unlikely due to the costs involved and the fact it was built after the 396 was available. However if they did, it is very doubtful that they would have changed all of the parts to the correct bb items as I stated above.

I have talked to guys that built these cars and there were no two cars alike. This follows suit with a Motion car, there is no such thing as standard except they were all fast.............RatPack...............

SuperNovaSS
01-06-2002, 04:19 AM
Thanks for the valuable info.

Jason

[Edited by SuperNovaSS (01-05-2002 at 11:19 PM).]

mc25t190
01-06-2002, 11:40 AM
nickey is such a rare word around here it certainly gets alot of attention. any whereabouts of a big block nickey, i've seen a picture of a beautiful purple/black vinyl top car in one of the muscle car magazines that is gorgeous. other than that don't know where to start. this seems to be the place, by the way , not a clone!

sixtiesmuscle
01-06-2002, 03:50 PM
I'm not aware of any documented Nickey cars that have been featured in magazines yet. Some cars represented as "Nickeys" have been, but, if anybody knows differently, please share.

mc25t190
01-06-2002, 06:43 PM
i stand to be corrected, it was in a camaro musclecar book.

JoeC
01-06-2002, 06:58 PM
There is a Nickey Camaro feature car on this site that has an interesting history
http://www.yenko.net/features/2000/November2000.htm

68imp
01-06-2002, 08:44 PM
Doug Marion wrote in Super Chevy years ago that Nickey sold quite a few 396/425 and L-72 Impalas and Biscaynes in 1965 and 1966.Although they were not as rare as the conversion cars,they were still pretty scarce.

Charley Lillard
01-06-2002, 09:46 PM
JoeC..That car is really ugly..Not sure why the owner doesn't unload it....To me.

TimG
01-07-2002, 03:03 PM
I will be in Chicago for the Vettefest and may be going to Sacramento for spring break right after that. I could drive it cross country for you if you want?

JoeC
01-07-2002, 07:56 PM
Charley, maybe he will swap it for your blue 67 convertible with the replacement engine and the funny grab handles.

Charley Lillard
01-07-2002, 09:34 PM
I'm afraid he couldn't handle all the Power. Thats why it has grab handles. Now if he were to throw in a Jack Douglas Yenko Clone car we might get somewhere. :-)

sixtiesmuscle
01-08-2002, 03:13 AM
Oh, O.K. Sounds like a good deal to me. Where can I deliver them. LOL, now go find your own! They're a dime a dozen here in Chicagoland.

will
01-09-2002, 12:57 AM
just ran across this post and it reminded me of a 67 I saw a few times this summer at berger king in glen bernie MD.
it was maroon with black interoir,big block ,
painted yellow with 3X2's on it and had nicky emblems .
this car was really clean and straight don't know if it was real but it's not too far from NJ .

just thought I'd give my thoughts

Belair62
01-09-2002, 01:46 AM
Just pak them out in the north 40 next to his water truck !

CamaroKing
01-10-2002, 03:03 AM
Hey HLZ;
I went down to Future Classics and checked out your Nicky camaro.Sharp car and the salesman explained you got the car as a replica and that is how you are selling it as well.Hey Deuce that 71 chevelle is it light green? A kid in my car club has a 71 chevelle that his parents bought him from Golden at the time.Car is real nice 71 402 with A/C Kid loves the car,small world! No "GO Go's" deuce? There is a blue oyster bar down there.HLZ good luck with your car!

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
01-10-2002, 12:05 PM
Hmmmm http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/crazy.gif

bbdon
01-10-2002, 02:27 PM
Astroturf?
n. ORIGINAL: artificial grass
n. CURRENT: Artificially manufactured movement designed to give the appearance of grass roots.
COMMENTARY: Astroturf is the creation of the modern public relations industry. It is typically used by corporations to create the appearance of legitimacy for an unpopular position, and thereby stifle opposition or prevent corrective change.

Belair62
01-10-2002, 08:52 PM
Let me get this straight...Benny's are flocking to NJ in the summer to buy Astroturf ?