PDA

View Full Version : Attention all LS6 owners...

01-01-2002, 06:52 PM
Hi, team....The purpose of this post is to see if there is enough interest in starting a database/regisrty on all 1970 LS6 Chevelles/El Caminos. I have spoken to a few frequenters of both TC and this web site, and others that would be considered the "gurus" of our hobby and they seem to agree a database is in order. I would like to open a discussion on the idea. The way I see it, a database/registry must be inclusive of all cars being represented as LS6's, as we all know there are alot of cars that simply do not have factory paperwork. We also know that there are alot of fakes out there, and hopefully a registry would help with this as well. I would hope that this database would be used to further the understanding of the cars, and to enable owners to exchange data. The specifics of a database/registry could be worked out among us, but as we all know this is really something that should be done. I know in the past there has been resistance to a registry, but hopefully we can work out something acceptable to all. I am taking the ball, and would gladly keep the registry on the cars if noone else wants the job. I think a registry could enable not only current LS6 owners, but potential owners as well. I'm not attempting to validate any cars, but merely keeping a database of options,production date,plants,vins, etc. Please post or email me [email protected] for your comments/questions/suggestions.
Greg Carlson