PDA

View Full Version : 72' Chevelle Nickey

SS454ChevelleMan
01-12-2002, 12:29 AM
Last week i was at a local car show and noticed a chevelle that was spectacular. I got a little closer and noticed it had the nickey over the SS and the sticker in the back. He also has the original buildsheet, reciepts and pamphlet that came with the Nickey. He vanished before i could ask how much. I was just wondering if there was a Nickey in 72' and if so how much would it be worth. This car was in perfect condition and it was a convertable. Thanks

sixtiesmuscle
01-12-2002, 01:14 AM
Nickey Chevrolet became "Nickey Chicago", a speed parts & engine shop, I believe in '72. They continued to offer specialty, conversion cars until '76. It's possible that it could be a real Nickey built car, but, there are more cars with Nickey emblems & stickers on them than were ever built by Nickey. What paperwork did he have, and, was the car for sale? I'd be skeptical, but, if it's a verifiable, LS6 or L88 transplant car, it's pretty valuable. Is this in the chicago area?

SS454ChevelleMan
01-12-2002, 01:42 AM
He had the reciepts and a pamphlet with Nickey as the title. It is a Ls6 transplant, and it did say Nickey of Chicago. He had a Minesota liscence plate.

SS427
01-12-2002, 02:55 AM
What color was the car? Any other features? I can try to locate here.

Mr70
01-12-2002, 03:12 AM
Nothing comes out of Minn. but Bad Football teams.
It must be originally from here. http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/laugh.gif

SS454ChevelleMan
01-12-2002, 04:31 AM
i WAS planning on asking the guy if I could buy it,i saw him once and was dreaming about it for about a week, and somehow i saw it in a prking lot across town today. Does anyone know how much it might be worth?

sixtiesmuscle
01-12-2002, 11:06 AM
It all depends on iron clad documentation that it was built & sold by Nickey. Then the condition comes in. Original or restored? Quality of resto, etc. It could be worth $20,000, or it could be worth $50,000.