PDA

View Full Version : F-body is dead

BM71vega
02-05-2002, 03:18 AM
I know that this site is mostly dedacated to Supercars.But wonder why GM did not make more of effort to save the F-BODY platform.Fords sales of Mustings were a little sluggish for a wile but they breathed new life into the newer model and it worked.Why cant Chevy do it for the Camaro. I live five minutes away from the St-Therese plant in Quebec wher these cars are built and just thiking that it will disappear is killing me. I would like anyones opinion on this. BM71Vega

jbsides
02-05-2002, 04:00 AM
I also have a loaded '95 Z-28 convertible produced at that plant, and it is the sweetest, quickest, most comfortable and best-handling machine I have owned of 15 Camaros since 1970. It has never had the slightest of problems (barring an A.I.R pump recall it has not been in for) and has the original battery and spark plugs whereas I won't comment on the consumption of my 69's. Thinking about scoring a 2002 before they dry up...

JB

Jeff H
02-05-2002, 12:54 PM
I'm sure it will be back in 2-4 years. It just isn't cost effective for GM to update the St Therese plant so they'll probably redesign the car and bring it back by building it in another plant that builds other GM platforms as well. From what I've heard though, the Firebird is dead and gone for good. I hope not, but it sure looks that way. As long as the Camaro comes back with a V8 and rear wheel drive then there will still be demand for it.

Stefano
02-05-2002, 02:21 PM
It should be no surprise, even to Soap executives that when you produce the same vehicle for a decade that the market can become very diluted and bored.

Stefano
02-05-2002, 02:24 PM
It should be no surprise, even to Soap executives that when you produce the same vehicle for a decade that the market can become very diluted and bored.