02-12-2002, 09:15 PM
Check out the latest issue of 'Super Chevy'
May 2002, on pages 68 and 69.

jon rand
02-12-2002, 10:44 PM
Just got it today,awsome

Stefano
02-15-2002, 01:12 AM
Doesn't any one read 'Super Chevy'? You guys missed a color picture of Tom's Daytona Yellow Yenko roasting its hides.

Chevy454
02-15-2002, 01:22 AM
Yeah, we subscribe to it...read it may be too strong of a term. That was reserved for MCR. But anyway...I don't have any of our SC's in front of me, but our latest issue has Reunion coverage in it. Is the May issue coverage from Bowling Green?

bkhpah
02-15-2002, 01:34 AM
As per true SC fashion, they failed to get cars matched with text and owners names mispelled. But even bad press is good for the reunion. Congrats to all those cars mentioned. Why the two different years of pictures used?...BKH

moparts
02-15-2002, 01:12 PM
I'll take a stab at this one. Due to the fact that the guy taking pictures (namely me)isn't very good, Tom had to go back and use some of last years pics to find enough magazine quality ones to send. Don't know if we need to buy a better camera or find someone that knows how to use the ones we have (that works real cheap). Any photo bugs out there that is willing to help out could sure make it eaiser for us to get some quality pics for the magazines. I want to thank Tom for all his extra efforts in getting our cars in the magazine and on TV.

Warren Malkin
02-15-2002, 01:13 PM
BKH, you might want to edit "mispelled" http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/smile.gif
Warren

sixtiesmuscle
02-15-2002, 01:24 PM
You're right Mo, hats off to Tom for getting OUR great cars the publicity.

bbdon
02-15-2002, 06:26 PM
On the subject of taking car pictures, I have been trying to do this right for years and I will share what I have learned. Not that I am an expert, I am not. I still find myself making stupid mistakes and then when I get home there is a big shadow hiding the details of a car's grille or one whole side of the car. You have to learn from those mistakes. Typicly you have problems with the light. The best day for taking pictures is a cloudy or misty day, the light is more diffused and forgiving. But you don't usually have so much choice. Try to stand with the sun behind you.
I get to a show in the morning and look and see which way the sun is coming down onto the cars. Then I walk around shooting all of the cars that have the light shining on the front, and shoot from the side that has the most light. Then I go back in the afternoon and shoot all of the cars that are facing the other way. For engine and interior shots you will use the flash, and the time of day is not so critical.
Just ask for help from a car owner you will usually get amazing cooperation. For example I wanted a picture of a Camaro convertible at the last Bowtie Bash, but there was a big shadow going across the car. The shadow was nothing that would bother you looking in person, but the camera is less forgiving than your eye. I showed the owner the problem and he pulled his car out into the aisle where there was no shadow. I never hurts to ask the owner to close the hood or ask him to stand next to the car for a second or third picture. If you really need to get a good picture, sometimes you need to get away from all of the other cars. Have somebody watch the parking space and go over near all the trailers or even outside the show for a few minutes. Then you can park the car so that the light is coming down onto the front of the car.
And all that I can do is tell people that I am taking pictures for the web site, but they will do a lot to help me out. If you tell them you are taking pictures for Super Chevy they will probably do anything for you.

whitetop
02-15-2002, 06:55 PM
The latest issue of Chevy Rumble has some pics of Joe's '68 Harrell Chevelle in it.
Dave

Chevy454
02-15-2002, 08:25 PM
Mo is pretty close on his reasoning. Dad sent pictures of everyone that attended the Reunion, but on a couple of the cars, the pictures from the previous year were better.

It sucks that they mixed the names up, but like noted above, any press is good press http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/smile.gif