PDA

View Full Version : 67 & 69 Yenko's in OK

Speedrx
02-21-2002, 08:43 PM
I am interested in purchasing a Y Camaro and there is a guy in OK (Dennis) that has a 67 blue/white and a 69 hugger orange/black for sale. Is anyone familar with this guy and his cars? I have not looked at them yet but he said he will send me pictures and VIN this week.

He said the 67 is out of AZ and has a lot of chrome added to the original 427 and the firewall and inner fenders have been painted body color.

Thanks in advance for your help. Cool site!

Charley Lillard
02-21-2002, 08:53 PM
The cars you are talking about sound like the 2 Clones that a guy just bought from the Scottsdale Auctions. Stay away from them.

Speedrx
02-21-2002, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I will forward any other information I get on the cars for anyone else who may be looking at them.

Did you look at them?

[Edited by Speedrx (02-21-2002 at 04:02 PM).]

Charley Lillard
02-21-2002, 10:59 PM
I looked at the blue 67 that sold at the Kruse auction and the Orange 69 that sold there also. If it is the same 67 it has RS backup lights but standard front end. It took two years for it to sell but somebody finally fell for it. I think the orange car sold for about 23000. The owner said it was not on the list of Yenko's but that just means that they aren't all on the list. Wrong engine , trans and rear.

SuperNovaSS
02-21-2002, 11:14 PM
I believe the guy you are referring to is Dennis Tuttle. I just received judgement on a court case against him but have not been paid. I would steer clear of him and his cars. He wanted to buy just the tags off my 70 GTO Judge and of course I told him no. He ended up buying the car and taking the buildsheet but his check bounced. I have since sold the car but he has the buildsheet and may be building a car to match it. I am not the only one who has been screwed by Tuttle. His business was called pace car nutz and if you look on the better business bureau website and look this up you will see some complaints. Also there was a website up that may still be there that tells another guys story. It is http://www.pacecarnuts.com. Again I would steer clear of doing any business with him. Feel free to E-mail me with any questions.

Jason

SuperNovaSS
02-21-2002, 11:19 PM
Here is the better business bereau link:
http://166.70.32.195/~tulsa/commonreport.html?compid=27000097&national=Y

Here is anotherguys complaint website:

http://www.pacecarnuts.com/

I hope this helps,

Jason

Souperhigh
02-21-2002, 11:24 PM
Watch out for this guy!!!I live in Oklahoma and have dealt with this guy before. He has a big money backer and has no reason to deceive people but BEWARE!!!!! I was high bidder at the Kruse auction in Scottsdale in January on his 2002 Camaro Anniversary Convertible, one of 18 given to NHRA race driver James Eppler. When I went to pay I read the odometer certificate and it said 2600plus miles and the lein from Eppler was with the car and he had borrowed money on the car and it stated 7988 miles on it. We went and checked the odometer on the car and it rear 3900 plus miles---Imagine That!!!! Kruse was embarrassed and agreed that I didn't have to buy it. He threw a fit and went into a big rampage.He has had some mopars but with no documentation also. So BEWARE!!!!!

SuperNovaSS
02-21-2002, 11:26 PM
Sorry for all the posts but I want to make sure everyone knows who they will be dealing with. His old Ebay name was dtspace35. I think he dropped it due to many negatives. I know he had 2 or 3 when I dealt with him but I didn'think to check until afterwards.

Jason

SuperNovaSS
02-21-2002, 11:29 PM
Here is his new website address:
http://www.musclecarnutz.com/

It used to be:

http://www.pacecarnutz.com

Jason

Souperhigh
02-21-2002, 11:43 PM
His latest phone numbers are cell (918) 271-4692,business (918) 437-8734.Buyer beware!!!!

Souperhigh
02-21-2002, 11:47 PM
Amazing!!! He is listing the 67 and 69 clones on his website as real Yenkos!!! Bet they are the same ones he bought at Scottsdale. Again BEWARE!!!!1

Speedrx
02-21-2002, 11:55 PM
Thanks for all the information, I will stay away from dealing with this joker. I talked to him several days ago and he has yet to produce any pictures or documentation, imagine that. He is asking $50K each for his 'clones' so buyer beware.

Here is one of his gems he is currently selling on EBAY, a 70 Superbird body - note the '67 Yenko Camaro' in the background:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1806176248&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1014849695&indexURL=0&rd=1

EDIT - Just noticed someone posted his website. He did not mention it when I called and I had not seen it so he did have some pictures after all. I am sure he does not have any documentation for the cars or he would be proud to display it.

[Edited by Speedrx (02-21-2002 at 06:55 PM).]

Charley Lillard
02-22-2002, 01:26 AM
I think if you go to www.pacecarnuts.com (http://www.pacecarnuts.com) and not nutz you will find a guy that got ripped off on a Pace car he bought from him and then hired him to restore. He is looking for others that were ripped off by the same guy. He was out 20K and a Pace car. The guy that ripped him off at Pacecarnutz was named Dennis Tuttle. I don't know if it ever got resolved but the web site is still up. Email the guy at Pacecarnuts and hear what he has to say.

Yenko Bart
02-22-2002, 01:30 AM
I have also asked for documentation on these
cars and have not had a reply since.

Fhakya
02-22-2002, 01:49 AM
Just a thought, perhaps the people who have had prior bad dealings w/ this gentleman (hmm) would drop a line to the bidders in this (these) auctions just to let them know about his history. Since I have no 1st hand knowledge of this guys dealings, it's not my place to say but would sure appreciate the info above if I were a bidder.
My $.02,
-Mark Holman

MrMotion
02-22-2002, 03:04 AM
Checkout the high bidder on the "Original Yenko Dealer Plate" on E-Bay!

MrMotion
02-22-2002, 03:11 AM
These rare items should only go to a true enthusists like Souperhigh.

Kurt S
02-22-2002, 04:21 AM
If anyone gets the #'s on those two cars, send them to me and I'll enter them in the database. It hopefully will help someone out in the future.....

Souperhigh
02-23-2002, 02:23 AM
I may be able to get the vin numbers on the 67 and the 69 next week. I visited with the folks at Leake Auctions who along with Kruse do the Tulsa,Oklahoma city, Scottsdale, and Dallas auctions together, and was told they would get with me next week, They are having an auction this weekend in Oklahoma City.I have some cars in the auction and know them very close as they are my neighbors.Trust me they read the site last night as Dennis has some cars in their auction again. As soon as I get them I will post.

bkhpah
02-23-2002, 11:50 AM
The Yenko plate and frame are a mismatched set. Sure enough Yenko, but the frame is from the early 80's and the plate from 71. Not exactly the performance years. Bill Smith was using this plate frame after he secured the rights from Yenko to use the name. Yenko had long removed himself from Yenko performance and Chevrolet by then...BKH

[Edited by bkhpah (02-23-2002 at 06:50 AM).]

mrsyc
02-23-2002, 01:56 PM
This original plate and frame was purchased as a set at the first Yenko reunion. It comes with a certificate of authenticity from John Connolly who was in charge of the Yenko estate. I have pictures showing this plate and frame being auctioned off together. If you look at the top of the frame it also says Canonsburg Pa. I didn't think that was used in the 80"s I quess that's not enough for some people who seem to know it all.

bkhpah
02-23-2002, 08:45 PM
This is the exact same frame that Bill Smith gave me at Yenko Sports Cars in Canonsburg. The date was around 1983. Bill had bought the rights to the Yenko trade name. He was selling the Yenko aluminum motors,Yenko valve covers, sprint cars etc. The business was still located in Canonsburg in the original Yenko building. I am not saying the frame and plate are not official items. But they are of unrelated eras...BKH

Warren Malkin
02-24-2002, 07:18 AM
What's the hoopla over a '71 dated dealer plate anyway http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/crazy.gif, unless you own one of those stump puller '71 Turbo Stinger Vegas http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/crazy.gif.... don't see many inquiries on those cars.

mrsyc, what is your definition of original? Just in case I have to quote you in the future!

mrsyc
02-24-2002, 01:24 PM
Warren, By saying original, I quess it would mean that it came from Yenko chevrolet ORIGINALLY as the estate auction by John Connolly and Tom Clary at the first Yenko reunion would have indicated by giving letters of authenticity of these items. They were items from the Yenko estate, some from Don's own private collection. These items I think are or should be considered items of memorabilia from the Yenko legacy. I'm sure they weren't trying to pull anything. Because this is your theory it doesn't mean everbody should feel this way, or should they because someone wants to be a busybody. Warren I have no idea who you are, and I'm not calling you a busybody, please don't take it that way, but there are some on this site.

Belair62
02-24-2002, 02:29 PM
Warren,I can't find your "theory" in this thread.Can you expand on it for everyone ? You may have sent it in code to MrSYC but I didn't see it. ---..-...-

Speedrx
02-26-2002, 01:15 PM
OK, I finally received the VIN# and plate for the 67 and 69 Yenkos -

http://www.musclecarnutz.com/4sale/69yenko-orange/plates/index.html

Can anyone verify if these are on the Yenko list?

Thanks.

Charley Lillard
02-26-2002, 01:54 PM
speedrx..I'm sure they are not on the list but after all you have read about this guy why would you even think of going near him or his cars ?

JoeC
02-26-2002, 01:55 PM
Looks like the vin on the 69 is N702xxx but Ed's list shows highest 69 Yenko Camaro vin as N681xxx. ??

Stefano
02-26-2002, 02:20 PM
Are they on Yenko Barts list?

Steve Shauger
02-26-2002, 03:59 PM
I do not see an X code on the trim tag...am I missing something?

Speedrx
02-26-2002, 04:13 PM
I am not thinking of going near this guy or his cars, I have already written him off. I am just posting the VIN info so everyone will be educated as to what exactly he is offering. Hopefully this will help keep someone else from getting ripped off.

If by chance they were one the list of known Yenkos, then if might require further investigation. I doubt it!

[Edited by Speedrx (02-26-2002 at 11:13 AM).]

sYc
02-26-2002, 07:16 PM
The 1967 Camaro and the 1969 Camaro listed above DO NOT appear on our list of Yenko built/sold cars. Tom

Speedrx
02-26-2002, 07:32 PM
Is there anything that can be done to stop these people from selling bogus cars? I also have a Shelby and SAAC does an excellent job of tracking fake cars and letting people know when they find them. They are very vigorous in protecting the Shelby market. Maybe it is just that Ford and Shelby did a better job of documenting and making it easier to determine if the car is fake or not.

I would like to see this guy shut down.

Yenko Bart
02-26-2002, 10:51 PM
A friend of mine traced back the 67 and found that it was bogus.As for the 69
vin# 681343 was the last Yenko Camaro on my list as well.Also keep an eye out for an alleged 68 baldwin camaro.It is also fake.I have traced its origin to a dealership that did the work to make it over.When will people like this give up.

Kurt S
02-26-2002, 11:32 PM
Nov 68 tag on a Oct 69 car.
And the 67 was a 327 210 hp car originally!

The 67 was on Ebay exactly a year ago by seller '67yenkotokillfor'.

Belair62
02-26-2002, 11:34 PM
They will give up when people seek out the answers on this site.I noticed a lot of new names since the Super Chevy article listed the site address.

Chevy454
02-27-2002, 01:08 AM
Belair:

So, someone DID notice! We have told them EVERY time someone did an article that they could leave out our names entirely, just give credit to the owners and the club itself, and PLEASE list the web address. It took 5 years, but we finally got it listed in the article!

As for keeping the number of illegitimate sales down, this site, and the users on it, are a godsend! I mean, no matter where a car is from, someone on here probably knows the history. The Shelby club is what are trying to model the sYc, to an extent. We owned a Shelby at one time, and finding info on it is as close as the nearest phone or Shelby Registry. VERY EASY. I think the Duesenburg guys have a similar system, but they have a file on EACH car in existence.

Anyway, just look at the difference you guys on this site have made in the recent car sales...if we could just get the word out to future buyers about this site, and that there IS somewhere they can turn for info, then all would be well. http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/smile.gif

Charley Lillard
02-27-2002, 01:09 AM
Belair....I bet the guy makes money on both of those cars. He might end up with Court Judgements against him but I don't think that bothers him a bit.

Belair62
02-27-2002, 01:47 AM
Charley I'm sure he will but we know it won't be from someone who looks in on this site.Rob, how many more people signed up since the article ? I'll bet it was substantial.Between Ed Cuneens and this site and the people on it,it should make it a lot harder to pass off a fake.

[Edited by Belair62 (02-26-2002 at 08:47 PM).]

Warren Malkin
02-27-2002, 02:22 AM
This is directed at you mrsyc, or I should say Chuck Huber. You might not remember me, but I certainly remember you! Let me bring your memory up to speed.
About two years ago you were talking to a friend of mine Chris White, at Carlisle PA. He gave you my phone number, and you contacted me about a set of five used F70-15 Goodyear Wide Tread GT rwl tires, and also a complete Yenko Chevelle engine I had, for a project you were working on. Do you remember the phone call now? Anyway I will stop here, unless you want me to expand on my "original" theory. Warren

SuperNovaSS
02-27-2002, 04:16 AM
Looks like the only two cars he has had on with this name have the same high bidder. Is it worth the hassle of turning him in for shill bidding? I'm seriously considering it.

Jason

Souperhigh
02-27-2002, 05:09 AM
The vin numbers on the two Camaros bought at the Kruse Auction in Arizona by Dennis Tuttle which he is now calling Yenkos are:
1967 Camaro #124377N153413
1969 Camaro #124379N702621

Both of which are not Yenko Camaros,but clones.It comes back to the old saying "Deal with the Devil"

Buyer Beware!!!!

T Billigen
02-27-2002, 12:38 PM
Warren, what are you trying to say? If I remember correctly Huber bought two Yenko Chevelles in a package deal. One with original drive train and one without the motor or trans. That is a super rare engine, what did you do with it?

Warren Malkin
02-27-2002, 01:49 PM
I still have the complete engine, trans assembly. At this time I do not want to sell it. When I have more time I will post the whole story on this short lived car, with the VIN. Warren

T Billigen
02-27-2002, 02:49 PM
Should be a very interesting story, can't wait to hear it.

Stefano
02-27-2002, 03:51 PM
Warren'
I want first dibbs on the movie rights for
'The Yenko Chronicles' http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/wink.gif

Warren Malkin
02-27-2002, 10:35 PM
mrsyc, please do not call me, as I will not take the call. If you have anything to discuss, or debate, lets do it openly on this forum. Warren

mrsyc
02-27-2002, 11:39 PM
I'm no longer going to waste my time reading or replying to Warren's posts. Obvviously this is either a jealous or scorned person because I did not purchase his merchandise for my sons Yenko Chevlle Vin#385973

Souperhigh
02-28-2002, 02:37 AM
GEE !!!! You two act like you are married to each other.

mc25t190
02-28-2002, 03:24 AM
could this be a monaco orange 69 yenko chevelle that is the topic of discussion? if so, it is the nicest chevelle i have ever seen (vettefest) there seems to be a lot of conversation as to its authenticity? is it warrented? should a restamped drivetrain, undocumented version really decrease the value that much? is it a clone, rebody, or is it the real McCoy? it blew me away at vettefest, wow what a nice car! by the way, why all the fireworks? was warrens drivetrain suppose to go in this car?

Warren Malkin
02-28-2002, 10:43 PM
mrsyc, you would be the last one on the planet I would be jealous of. One factual statement you did make however, is you did not buy anything of mine. Remember you called me, (I didn't call you) about the engine, and tires, so why would I be upset if you didn't buy them? They were not even being advertised at that time. So your theory has no validity. I just remember you telling me a restamped engine with the restamped VIN would be more original,than an original production engine with the incorrect VIN. Care to comment??

Jeremy
03-11-2002, 01:18 AM
I have dealt with Dennis Tuttle and Pace car nutz before and I would never recomend anyone doing buisenes with him. His former ebay feedback and all around track record speaks for itself. In my oppinion there arent any more crooked than him. I am from Oklahoma and I hear all the rumers and stories, I believe them all. You dont get a reputation like he has for doing good buiseness. BEWARE!