PDA

View Full Version : Bashing

T Billigen
03-01-2002, 12:09 PM
Over the last week or so there has been a lot of "bashing" going on! This is a wonderful site to express one's opinions and ideas. I don't think this forum should be used to attack each others integrity! Integrity is a fragile gift, easy to lose and very difficult to regain. I think everyone should lighten up! If you want to attack each other, do it off site, do not use this forum as a "battleground". (my opinion)

sixtiesmuscle
03-01-2002, 01:32 PM
I agree, although it's entertaining to watch people air their dirty laundry, it doesn't seem appropriate to the tone we try to set in our CLUB forum. Count to ten, fellas, and, if that doesn't work, count to ten again.

bbdon
03-01-2002, 02:40 PM
But it is so much fun, bashing the dorks who post fake supercars for sale on Ebay. Can we still do that?

T Billigen
03-01-2002, 03:02 PM
I'm all for that! these people have no integrity to begin with and don't really care if they ever have any! These people should be exposed at every opportunity!

Stefano
03-01-2002, 04:14 PM
Hey Guys,
If you think my post was out of line, then I'll delete it, but when someone Knowingly bates unsuspecting consumers, I have a problem with it.

Steven J
03-01-2002, 04:22 PM
I get the impression that he was referring to this topic, http://www.yenko.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000879_3.html

bowtie3168
03-01-2002, 06:17 PM
Our focus (The preservation of Supercars) is too small and would be too easy to have infighting destoy it. There are many people out there who hate the automotive hobby and would like to see it go away. Please, lets focus on what we all like about each other and keep personal dislikes to ourselves. Life is to short to be negative.

Thank you,
Andrew Hinckley

Charley Lillard
03-01-2002, 06:55 PM
I hate all you guys.............

NWYENKO
03-01-2002, 07:23 PM
Like the man from L.A. said "cant we jes git along??" Charley, Ignition Man says he still loves you.

[Edited by NWYENKO (03-01-2002 at 02:23 PM).]

DjD
03-01-2002, 08:54 PM
Wait till Charlie starts bragging about his Ford and how fast it is. He's always starting trouble on other sites!! You all did know he's a crack dealer, didn't you? LOL http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/laugh.gif

Belair62
03-01-2002, 09:10 PM
I thiught he smuggled Chinchillas

Mr70
03-01-2002, 09:46 PM
Thats it..I'm taking my ball and going home!

Souperhigh
03-01-2002, 11:24 PM
Stefano, keep up with the truth on these guys who try to avoid the truth and deceive people on their auctions and adds. Yes, we do need to keep up the comments on people like the Dennis Tuttles of the world. If we can keep just one person from getting taken by these people then it is all worth while.While our members can love or hate each other, let's keep this outside our forum. A new person reading this site would wonder how grown up and sincere we are about our hobbies and love for these great Supercars. Let's keep the flag waving for the good of our site and keep members personal quarrels off this neat site.

mc25t190
03-02-2002, 01:32 AM
i agree with tom, lets don't trash a good site, especially in the middle of a posted thread!

69L89396
03-02-2002, 03:01 AM
This is starting to look like the youngsters at the Team Camaro site. I thought you guys were more mature than this. I guess I was wrong.
I guess the next think we wil see is about someone leaving their last post. http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/crazy.gif

NWYENKO
03-02-2002, 03:13 AM
Hey 69L89396 most of this stuff is just for fun. "We are family". I don't think this compares to the posts on the Camaro site you are referring to!! By the way Charley, LaDonna says she still loves you too!!

sixtiesmuscle
03-02-2002, 05:57 AM
Correct! If fellow club members are going to go at each other, let's require that they do it like men, in a fist fight in the parking lot at the reunion. We can use the peanut shells around Holub's trailer as the "circle of death". They were so deep, the falls would be cushioned so no old farts would break a hip, or something.
Lighten up guys!!!

sixtiesmuscle
03-02-2002, 12:56 PM
As I suggested, LIGHTEN UP!! The light hearted banter is sometimes used here as a healing balm to end a contentious thread. Questioning member's love of the cars, and maturity levels is inapproprite as well. Check your own profile.
From time to time a few "newbies" will show up , and, try to change this site into a slugfest. That's when some of us feel compelled to show them how foolish this infighting can appear.
As for last posts, you are welcome to leave just as you were welcomed when you arrived.

Rat_Pack
03-02-2002, 02:32 PM
Hey sixtiesmuscle I agree. I was talking with a guy the other day and he thinks that is all this site is used for is to bash someone. Lets keep it within reason and like NWYENKO said it is a "family" around as most of us know each other personally. Where is Mr. Rogers when you need him..............RatPack.....................

MotionMan
03-03-2002, 06:57 PM
I accept the challenge into the peanut shell lined "circle of death" but only if i can wear my "Motion Man" super hero costume.And sell the video rights on EBAY

[Edited by MotionMan (03-03-2002 at 01:57 PM).]

69L89396
03-04-2002, 03:02 AM
Sorry for the statement. I guess I haven't been here long enough. In my defense though, I just called it as I saw it.
I really get a kick out of some of the things that are said over at the sister site. No mater what is said, all the sites are good for this hobby though.

MotionMan
03-04-2002, 07:37 AM
For any of you guys out there that are secure enough to play with dolls.... I just placed a Evil Kenevil 7" tall action figure doll on Ebay to sell...........LOL

DjD
03-04-2002, 11:46 PM
I ride shotgun over at www.camaros.net (http://www.camaros.net) and the last thing I want is for my comments to be taken as offensive by the folks here.

This site has taken root and is going to grow and will see some of the growing pains (starting to look like the youngsters at the Team Camaro) that come with that growth. The group here is blessed that the subject matter is on the high dollar end of the hobby and that draws a more mature crowd. The down side is if you let things get to stuffy it won't be any fun to visit here even if there is good info floating around.

The same high value of your toys theme is going to bring topics to light like the adventures of name edited, (where threads dissapear) Classic dealers in New Jersey and the Dennis Tuttles of the world. There is bound to be flames when you're talking about morals and ethics! It's part of the game!! You guys have a good thing here so don't drag it down whining over the little stuff.

As for becoming like Team Camaro is that a bad thing? We have a great core group that bring a wealth of information to the table. And yes we have a few youngsters being a bit loud and boistrious (sp?) at times too, but isn't that a bit like a family? Mom and Dad having coffee in the kitchen and the kids running around the house burning off some of the excess energy they seem to have. Sometimes it bugs me but so does my own child! Ya got to give them time to learn by example and if you compare the young ones at Team Camaro to most out there, www.superhonda.com (http://www.superhonda.com) as just one example you would not be putting the youth that visit TC in a negative light.

If you guys are still getting a charge out of burning rubber you're not ready for the rest home! Don't let this site become one!!

Dennis

Edited above at the request of Mr. X!
Edited again at the request of someone that has something to hide and is threatening me!!

[Edited by DjD (03-04-2002 at 06:46 PM).]

cavemate
03-06-2002, 11:08 PM
I was a "youngster" at the Team Camaro site and I think it's a shame that some guys that can afford high dollar Camaros turn their noses up at Camaro enthousiasts who may not be able to afford BB's, Yenkos and such, but I'll tell you they have as much, if not more enthousiasm about their cars than some high dollar camaro owners. I'm not pointing to anyone on this site,but I think some Yenko, Motion, COPO owners care more about what their car is worth than the car itself. The guys at Team Camaro may not have ulta-rare Camaros, but I'll bet more of them have had hands on experiences and know more about Camaros than most big buck Camaro owners..AND I think they're more dedicated to preserving EVERY Camaro, wether it be a 6 cyl or ZL1..
This is a great site, and I'm not putting anyone down here, I think we must understand
that we're ALL Camaro fans wetherit be a base 67 or a new '02 and we must stick together and keep it going..

[Edited by cavemate (03-06-2002 at 06:08 PM).]

sixtiesmuscle
03-07-2002, 12:21 AM
"I'm not putting anyone down here"??????
Back to your cave, Mate.

cavemate
03-07-2002, 02:16 AM
With emphesis on HERE(This site), Sixties..You sound like you're accepting responsibility for something I said. If it fits, wear it, but I honestly wasn't directing it to anyone personally.

sixtiesmuscle
03-07-2002, 03:43 AM
Ouch. You really pegged me there. It's amazing how new people can come aboard and analyze our group, whether individually or collectively, in the first day.

Stefano
03-07-2002, 03:56 AM
Yeah, 60's you (for some reason?) don't deserve the Super Car Collection you have. So get out that digital Camera (you probably don't know how to even use it)and post those Super Cars for liquidation on E-bay, already http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/smile.gif

69L89396
03-07-2002, 04:46 AM
I recall a "cavemate" on the Team Camaro site that was posting "the last thing from cavemate" that caused a big rucus. Is this the same person? It sure sounds and looks the same. If I recall right, you were barred from repling anymore. What happen? Looking for a new place to land? http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/frown.gif

TimG
03-07-2002, 01:32 PM
This is a great site, I know personally that some of the members have been involved with the nuts and bolts aspect of these cars from top to bottom. I think that the love of these cars runs very deep with most members.
I do not have a supercar now. I have owned only one Camaro in the past and a number of big block Corvettes. I have learned lots about these cars through this site. Lots of information will carry over to my love of Corvettes. Although I do visit Corvette related sites, this site is so specific as far as its dedication to a small window of cars that it is a pleasure to visit.

Stefano
03-07-2002, 02:54 PM
Just call me sponge. I learn something new every day on this site.

cavemate
03-09-2002, 06:05 PM
What happened to you, 69L89396? You sound a bit Hypocrytical..You visit the Team Camaro site often, then come in here and call them all "youngsters" in poor context. I suppose you're 'mature' now that you're in the 'Supercar' forum!

sixtiesmuscle
03-09-2002, 09:25 PM
Here we go!

T Billigen
03-09-2002, 10:25 PM
Your right Mike! I guess we have some "short term" memory loss by some members.

cavemate
03-09-2002, 10:45 PM
Admit it, guys..reading dirt is one of the best part of these forums. If it didn't interest you, you wouldn't be here. With a topic like "bashing" you knew what you'd find here and YOU made the decision to enter.
I'm merly standing up for myself. When you enter a post like "Here we go", you're just adding fuel to the fire. So, you have no reason to get upset AND you have the ability NOT to enter this post. You decide, but don't criticize.

sixtiesmuscle
03-09-2002, 11:45 PM
O.K., I'll post what most members are thinking. Please either shut up & listen for awhile, or just go away. We don't need people to come in here to stir the pot with negativity. The "bashing" thread was started with the purpose of getting people to STOP being negative toward other members. How you took that as an invitation to do just the opposite is a mystery, but, giving the benefit of the doubt, I think we would be happy to start over, and, welcome your positive contributions in the future.

Charley Lillard
03-10-2002, 12:45 AM
OK everybody...Group Hug.......Kuum By Yahhh..

Stefano
03-10-2002, 12:57 AM
Come on Guys, everyone knows that the one with the fastest car is always right.

CopoCrunkus
03-10-2002, 02:04 AM
Then we all win! http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/burnout.gif

-Frank

69L89396
03-10-2002, 02:19 AM
cavemate, I just call it as I see it.
And yes I'm a member of both sites, so what.
My reference to "Youngsters" was to anyone that writes the "stupit and immature things" that I have seen over there. I don't have anything against anyone anywhere and I don't think I am any better than anyone, period. I just don't like to see people write "crap" just to get a response like you do!
If you want to write "dirt" go get a stick and play in the yard. This site has people that don't like to read that s**t.

One thing I like most about the people on this site is people are always POSITIVE!
Let's keep it that way, Please. http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/laugh.gif

Souperhigh
03-10-2002, 02:53 AM
Cavemate-Sixtiesmuscle,

Why don't you two guys just send each other emails to express your feelings,and use this site for what it is meant to be used for!!!

Tim F
03-11-2002, 04:28 AM
you guys cut it out or im tradin for the viper.

mc25t190
03-11-2002, 10:24 AM
lets try to clean it up or choose not to participate in negative posts.

[Edited by mc25t190 (03-11-2002 at 05:24 AM).]