PDA

View Full Version : who can get me in a supercar driver or resto canidat for 50k or under.

VIPERICH
03-06-2002, 03:07 AM
ill consider all .must be documented and in one or two pieces.no baskets and boxes of parts please.someone must need 50k and has something lying around?

tom406
03-06-2002, 04:22 AM
Unfortunately, you're starting your quest about 2 years too late. I think $50K bought you a hell of a car (Yenko, Motion, etc.)back then. The market's "up" now, and until it comes down again, you're in for slim pickings. I think if you do some shopping and aren't too impulsive, you should still be able to get a real good COPO 427 Camaro. Do your homework and make sure you find a "real" car. I applaud your enthusiasm, but nothing kills enthusiasm worse than a bad $50K purchase.

Stefano
03-06-2002, 04:30 AM
VIPERRICH,
Did you become flexible on the numbers matching situation? If so there are some drivers available in your budget.
Also ,Deuces are Super Cars as well and $50,000.00 should get a very good one ?

Fhakya
03-06-2002, 07:17 AM
Is Charley's '80 Motion still available? That would certainly fit the bill in that price range. As long as you don't wrap it around a tree. It's a little 'avante garde' for the supercar set being that it's a later model year but I think that it's conversation-piece appeal would more than offset that.

-Mark

COPO
03-06-2002, 10:59 AM
There are a number of COPO's around for under $50K. They are not restored, but still very nice drivers. Do your homework and if in doubt, have a pro assist you in checking it out. Good luck.

VIPERICH
03-06-2002, 11:16 AM
copo can you point me anywhere?

Charley Lillard
03-06-2002, 02:17 PM
Yes my 80 Motion is still available. I guess it's waiting for the younger Generation to come into their money. Geez,it's even a Phase 3.

MAS
03-08-2002, 09:13 PM
VIPERICH,

I may be able to help you, send me an email @ [email protected]

Thanks

Stefano
03-09-2002, 01:06 AM
Tom406,
What makes you think the Yenko/COPO market will trend downward?

Fluctuations/adjustments nonwithstanding, the prices of these cars has been relatively flat, prior to a couple of years ago.

[Edited by Stefano (03-08-2002 at 08:06 PM).]

tom406
03-09-2002, 04:33 AM
I think the market is cyclical, and will adjust itself. The numbers we're seeing are approaching or exceeding the heady days of '89-91. Whether the economy falls or soars, the net effect will be less money to blow on cars (due to money loss or use in more traditional investments).

Mostly, its just my own gut feeling that things are "overvalued" again. In the year or so I've been frequenting this site, values have jumped something like 50% on many of the Supercars and Hemi cars. That's not a steady trend, that's excitement and hype. I don't think it will last indefinately. But I have no idea when it will peak. If I did I'd be out buying more cars, not typing on this website....

I certainly don't think the market will fall out. As long as there are baby boomers with money, these cars will have value. And on the Supercar market, the gradual education of the public is certainly helping solidify the values. Doesn't everyone remember the resounding THUD in the COPO market in the early to mid 90's, after every knowledgable Camaro guy had already had one, and the rest of the market didn't really know what they were?

T Billigen
03-09-2002, 01:30 PM
I think the value of the Yenkos and COPOs will go even higher! Back in the 80s and early 90s these cars were bought by speculators trying to turn a quick buck, now the "baby boomers" have control of the market. With the short supply, especially the Yenkos, I think there are a lot more people in the 40 to 60 age range with the money and very few cars to buy. People that have these cars are holding on to them, not so much for profit but know they will not find another one if they sell theirs. I think this will make the market strong for a long time to come!

69motion
03-09-2002, 01:56 PM
Unfortunatly i dont agreemost guys with the bens who own these cars are in there 40,s,50,60
they want to buy what the grew up seeing the new kids want hondas, toyotas ect. they dont car about real muscle cars.heres a example i have a 68 rs/ss 396 375h/p camaro low miles ect. i bought it 17 years ago when my wife was pregnant just the other day my 16 yr old son asked if he could sell his car to buy a (fast and the furrious type car) AT LEAST NOW I HAVE A NEW CAR FOR MYSELF JEFF

Chris396
03-09-2002, 08:48 PM
I think values will be strong for the next 15-20 years. After the Boomers kick the bucket, the cars will start to be more affordable like some of the prewar cars have done as the WW2 generation has died off. But the best of the 60's era will stay strong like Duesenbergs & Packard's have.