PDA

View Full Version : 1967 Nickey Camaro?

William
03-15-2002, 11:33 PM
<A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1813279043

Real" TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1813279043

Real</A> deal? Did not see the word "documentation" in the ad.

AutoInsane
03-16-2002, 12:16 AM
I just e-mailed the seller to ask if indeed he has any documentation. I mentioned that if the car is a clone to say that as well. It appears to be a very nice car real or not.

Bill O'Brien

Charley Lillard
03-16-2002, 12:19 AM
Pretty car anyway... Would like to have it.

JChlupsa
03-16-2002, 12:32 AM
I thought the Nickey Camaros had the Nickey script on the front fender instead of the engine size

BBIGG BLOCK 396
03-16-2002, 12:46 AM
Can't be exactly sure because I am getting pretty old and eyes are not like they used to be ,but looks like to me it does have the Nickey script on the front fender.Am I seeing things here.

Jeff H
03-16-2002, 01:46 AM
Weren't most of the Nicky cars originally small block cars that were converted to 427's? Did anybody get the trim tag info from the owner to see what date it is? I don't want to bother him since I'm not in the market.

JChlupsa
03-16-2002, 02:18 AM
Guess I should have clarified myself better. I thought it was where the SS emblems are in the break in the bumble bee strip. Seems thats where I remember seeing them before. But then I could be wrong it wouldnt be a first http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/frown.gif

SuperNovaSS
03-16-2002, 03:07 AM
I have seen 69 ones that way on the catalogs.

Jason

SuperNovaSS
03-16-2002, 04:17 AM
Isn't this the same car that was at future classics that was being discussed a while back is this thread?: http://www.yenko.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000770.html

[Edited by SuperNovaSS (03-15-2002 at 11:17 PM).]

Rat_Pack
03-16-2002, 04:31 AM
Jason, it is the same car. I talked to a friend of mine yesterday and he was the one that installed the 2-4bbl's and painted the engine yellow because "this guy had an original article of a Nickey Camaro and wanted to make his car like a Nickey". The car was brought to him with 3 deuces on it and the engine was orange. This car is not a Nickey Camaro. I had received all of the info from this guy once before and he was supposed to get a title search done, but I don't beleive that it was even sold new from Nickey. At the time he did not have any paperwork, only previous owners being in Chicago.

Originally this car was an RS/SS 350, std blk interior, Madiera Maroon exterior, 4spd, and console. The pwr windows, fold down seat, tach and gauges, and deluxe interior have been added to the car. This is a very nice car though and would be a neat car to drive to the local cruise-in.............RatPack......................

HZ
03-16-2002, 05:39 AM
Thanks everyone for the interest and support of my car listed on Ebay today.

To the best of our knowledge it is an excellent, undocumented, replica. I have added that to the add, it was unfortunately left our of the first run of the add.

We have done research to trace the title origon to the state of Illinois, which obvisouly was the state they originated from.
Unfortunately, Illinois is a non-disclosure state which does not help us at all.

I have called several of the past owners with no response.

The price of the car is not for a Real Nickey, but a Replica. As you know, a real Nickey sells for over $100,000.00.

After doing research in several History books, I found the RS/SS 350 were the conversion cars. I have included some history with the add.

The car is an excellent replica and drives like new that anyone would be proud to drive to a car show. I have won first place myself.

Of course, we will give all information along with the car.

Thank you for your interest.
HZ

Stefano
03-16-2002, 07:24 AM
HZ,
Just in case someone hasn't told you, your adv. is deceptive and misleading, even with your disclaimer. But,this is only my opinion.

Stefano

HZ
03-16-2002, 01:13 PM
I am sorry you feel that way. I have also posted the add on

http://www.collectorcartraderonline.com/adsearchprocess.html

I do not want to mislead anyone. It is a replica and it was an honest mistake that it was not in first description. Entering info on ebay can be challenging!

Thanks for looking!
HZ

sixtiesmuscle
03-16-2002, 04:06 PM
Then go in and add the correct info to your listing!!

Charley Lillard
03-16-2002, 04:40 PM
He did update it.

MattBek
03-17-2002, 10:35 PM
Thanks members. I almost bid on that car. Its a good thing that someone got the add corrected. I just read that past discussion about the car and was surprised. You guys made it known that the fact it is a replica should be stated up front clearly. This new ad left that important fact out, and stated "all original parts", then gave a "VEHICLE HISTORY". If the car is not real then the parts can't be original and obviously not the correct history for the car. The information this board provides has helped me and I bet many others from getting taken.

bkhpah
03-18-2002, 01:55 AM
You said it straight MattBek. The true nature of the car is clear. The whole Nickey backstory is joke. What history from Nickey? There is none. The car is a clone. Why is that so hard to understand....BKH

AutoInsane
03-18-2002, 05:37 AM
Brian, I think you hit the nail right on the head. Why put all of the info and facts about Nickey into the add when tha car is not an original Nickey? The car is a replica and should be represented as such.

From what can be seen in the pictures the car appears to be a very nice Camaro. It is a shame that the quality of the car is questioned due to it being portrayed as being original.

If the word 'clone' appeared in the title it would be so much more correct
(1967 Chevrolet : Camaro NICKEY 67 NICKEY CAMARO RS SS)

If I was selling this car I would blatantly say it was a clone. I would also say that it was a very nice car that a lot of money was invested into. The the car should sell on it's own merits.

Bill O'Brien

AutoInsane
03-18-2002, 05:43 AM
What is this car worth? I would really love to hear what anyone would be willing to pay to have a car like this one in their garage.

HZ
03-18-2002, 02:45 PM
The reason I have listed the history of "Nickey" is to educate people who do not know what a Nickey is, not of my car specifically.

I have listed the car as a replica because there is still some questionability if it could be a Nickey, we don't know for sure. The car could have some Nickey heritage, the car was originally purchased in Illinois.

Once again, we are not asking Nickey price, that would be over $100,000. We are not misleading anyone by the asking price.

Thank you for your interest.

SuperNovaSS
03-18-2002, 04:24 PM
If you any of you guys are looking for a very nice clone check out my RS/SS 427 Convertible on the cars for sale page. You can get this car for about the same price. Usually when the top goes down the price goes up!

Jason

Rat_Pack
03-18-2002, 07:53 PM
Hey lets quit bashing this guys ad. He has changed it, just read down further. The title does not need to be changed, only the description and that is what he did. As for the car being a regular Camaro, it is an original RS/SS 350 4spd so it is not regular and so what if it was not a factory 396 car? It is a very nice replica as his ad states. One of the guys from this board has bid on the car and I bet he makes it a driver................RatPack...............

AutoInsane
03-18-2002, 08:08 PM
I think the only dilema with a replica is that if you decide to sell the car you have to find a buyer who can appreciate the car for what it is. The worth of the car is tougher to pin point than an original car. This car does seem very nice and should make someone quite happy at the right price.

[Edited by AutoInsane (03-18-2002 at 03:08 PM).]

CamaroKing
03-19-2002, 03:01 PM
The guy is not trying to fool anyone about the car he has stated it is a Clone.I had a chance to see the car and it is a real sharp looking car and would be great for someone on the street to cruise that car.It has a great sound and i would imagine it drives as good as it sounds!