PDA

View Full Version : April '02 Feature Car

mhassett
04-08-2002, 11:35 PM
Saw the picture of the New Feature Car and it is a BEAUTY-Yenko NOVA. I don't know much about the '70 Yenko Nova's, how many did they make? James Hughes car, is there a story to go along with the picture?<br>Mark

shor
04-08-2002, 11:48 PM
How do we get to see the new feature car?

mhassett
04-09-2002, 12:24 AM
I went to Past Feature Cars (I was looking at my own car-ha-ha) and it was under my car. Great looking Yenko Nova -- I really liked the color. Mark

NWYENKO
04-09-2002, 12:36 AM
Car is Fathom Blue. It was in Otis Chandlers collection in the late '80's. It was used for the muscle card set made at that time. It showed 37000 miles when he had it. It showed 38000 when I purchased it from Dave Belk last spring. It is really a straight fun car. It appears to be all number matching correct. Thanks for using it as the feature car. You can call me "Jim" Thanks again.

Chevy454
04-09-2002, 01:31 AM
Yeah, I ran out of time, so I didn't get a write-up finished. BUT, it should be up first thing in the morning. And Mark is right...it is a great looking Nova! Oh, and check HERE (http://www.yenko.net/dealers/yenko.htm) for info on any of the Yenko cars, Mark!

04-09-2002, 02:35 AM
Jim, car looks great! Love those torque thrust wheels. The most interesting piece of history I found out about your car is that the 2 front fenders are off of another fathom blue yenko nova! Did you ever obtain the POP or window sticker?

MikeA
04-09-2002, 10:52 AM
Jim,

It's really a sharp looking car!

Mike

NWYENKO
04-09-2002, 01:31 PM
Dave, I had email conversations with Greg Jeffries (Otis Chandlers former partner), about the pop and sticker. He assures me he remembers having them but has not been able to locate the file since they had so many cars and the stuff is in storage. No luck so far. I think I am going to restore the original wheels just to have them around if we decide to change the looks.

CamarosRus
04-09-2002, 03:22 PM
Jim(NWYenko), Curious what type/kind of whels were original on your Yenko. I am still looking for 4 or 5 CL coded wheel which came on 70/71 Camaro and Nova SS's as the base wheel.....For the "early" 1970-7? 14x7 Rally Wheel I am also searching for Original/Survivor "Clip-On"(the rim edge) Stainless Trim Rings, whereas later versions had the integral "teeth" that engaged the inner portion of wheel. I was at Portland,OR swap only to buy the wrong kind......Hope to see your Duece along the NW show circuit soon......Chuck

Stefano
04-09-2002, 08:20 PM
Your Deuce is set up just as I envisioned the one, which was on eBay a couple of months ago.
It is a very striking color combination, cool COPO.

NWYENKO
04-09-2002, 11:36 PM
Chuck you can see the stock wheels by clicking the above post by Rob marked HERE and page down to the silver Deuce. The PNWCC has asked me to bring the Deuce to the "All Camaro Show " to be part of a Supercar Display. Hope to see you there. Thanks for the comments, guys.