PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Camaro Show seeking Super Cars

Seattle Sam
04-30-2002, 03:30 AM
Hi folks! For the last six years, the Pacific Northwest Camaro Club has put on an All Camaro Show in the Seattle, WA area. For the past two years we have had over 200 Camaros at our event.
This year we are planning a special display of Super Cars at our show on August 11th. Participants who commit to bring their Yenko, Nickey, Dana, Motion, Harrell, or other Chevrolet Super Car to display at our show will receive a custom standup display sign along with a commemorative plaque.
Our show is held on Sunday, on the grounds of Bellevue Community College, just outside Seattle, WA.
For the adventuresome, there will be drag racing on Saturday night, with a staging lane set aside for Camaro Show participants.
We have a great show with lots of friendly people, and our Super Car display will be outstanding.
If you are interested, or would like to find out more, please email me at [email protected]. We would love to see you there!
Sam Besser
2002 President
Pacific Northwest Camaro Club

NWYENKO
04-30-2002, 08:08 PM
Sam, I am bringing the Camaro and if the weather permits I will drive the Deuce. This is always a great show. Get on Kevin, he can supply a FEW Supercars!!! Might bring the Deuce to the drags Sat if you know someplace I could leave it closer to Bellevue that night and not have to take it all the way home. Jim

Seattle Sam
05-01-2002, 02:47 PM
Hi Jim! It would be great to see a pass or two from the Deuce! Kevin said last year he would like to take the Nickey Camaro down the track, maybe he will line up against you.
We will have 24 hour security starting Saturday afternoon at the show site as well as at the Day's Inn, our official motel also in Bellevue.
If you would like a place closer to Pacific Raceways, we can arrange that as well.
It's gonna be a great event!
-Sam

lowlySS350
05-03-2002, 10:39 PM
Awesome!! I can't wait for the show this year. A little off topic, but where is Pacific Raceways? Is it the old S.I.R. site?
-Brandon

tom406
05-04-2002, 04:49 AM
Seattle Int'l Raceway (SIR) is now Pacific Raceways. Same basic setup there east of Auburn. The family that owns it has taken control of it again.

Denis
05-04-2002, 06:13 AM
Jim, we live in Kenmore (few minutes north of Bellevue along 405) and have the space to store your car overnight that weekend. I will probably have one of the 67's at the show too. Send email if you're interested.

Seattle Sam
05-13-2002, 01:48 AM
Thanks, Denis! Jim, if you would like a secure place closer to the track I'm sure we can find that as well; just let me know.

Any more Northwest-based COPOs or Super cars out there?

Seattle Sam
06-01-2002, 04:36 AM
Rumor has it Kevin S. will bring a few of his prizes to the Seattle show. Jim, maybe he will bring his Nickey to Pacific Raceways Saturday night and give your Deuce a go!

Seattle Sam
07-28-2002, 06:54 AM
Just a reminder - the big Seattle show is just two weeks away - we have 200 Camaros, vendors, food, music, a great raffle, and a silent auction...not to mention a Super Car display. We would love to see you there! For more info, email me or check our web site www.pnwcc.com (http://www.pnwcc.com)
The show starts at 8:00 AM at Bellevue Community College. See you on August 11th!
-Sam

NWYENKO
08-07-2002, 08:25 PM
Looks like we are up to 9 Supercars!! Not bad for a show in the NW (the end of the known world) We need some of you flatlanders to show up too!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif See Kevins website for a list of what he is bringing. Charley you could make this easy in one day!! Jim

Charley Lillard
08-07-2002, 09:40 PM
I'll be in Reno.......

Seattle Sam
08-07-2002, 10:52 PM
Jim,
We have a COPO 9560 coming also, and an Alan Green L88 Camaro. Not to mention a Trans-Am prepared '67 Z28 and your two blue beauties!
Charley,
It's not that far from Reno - only 753 miles! You could make it in about 10 hours... /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&ct=NA&1y=US&1a=&1p=&1c=Reno&1s =NV&1z=&1ah=&2y=US&2a=&2p=&2c=Bellevue&2s=WA&2z=&2 ah=&lr=2&x=79&y=11

-Sam

tom406
08-12-2002, 04:49 AM
Nice show, it was a beautiful day. Thanks to "SUPERCARS" Kevin for generously displaying a number of his treasures, and to "NWYENKO" Jim and LaDonna, who always do their part to share their blue wave of YENKO joy. This show is neat, has a relaxed vibe. I hope they promote it more next year to get even more cars and spectator support.

Seattle Sam
08-13-2002, 05:40 AM
Tom, thanks for the compliments! Attendance was down a little this year, but all in all a very successful show. Kevin Suydam brought out seven beautiful cars, Jim and LaDonna Hughes brought two, and there was a local (Alan Green Chev) L88 68 Camaro, displayed by Mike and Kathy Puderbaugh. Mike was reminiscing about Alan Green's ZL-1 race car, which went airborne at the local dragstrip back in 1969 or 1970..he said the local rock'n'roll radio DJ called ALan Green "on the air" to tell him about it!
Were you there at around 1:30 when Dave Fluke arrived in his Dover white ZL-1? Twice after that I walked by on my way to complete some errand, looked in and saw those snowflakes where you usually see orange paint, and forgot what I was doing!
Also thanks to Todd Morton for bringing his dad Tom's Trans-Am prepared 67 Z28 - easily the loudest car there.
I thought Kevin's yellow Baldwin car sounded the nastiest, with the Nickey car making the best visual impression...
And yet, the orange 68 Dana RS/SS remains my favorite!
Thanks to Kevin, Jim and LaDonna, Dave, Mike and Kathy, and Todd for giving Seattle Camaro fans a great display of Super Cars. What a great day, thanks for coming!

Next year, we're going to three days - August 15-16-17. Mark your calendars, and we will see you there!

tom406
08-14-2002, 02:15 PM
I'll put it on my calendar-you guys need to get it on all of those event calendars that get handed out around the Northwest. Plus Cruizin' Magazine and maybe even the Goodguys calendar. We'd be happy to have a poster and some flyers on display at Memory Lane Motors as well.