PDA

View Full Version : Correct New Yenko Baldwin Motion on Ebay

whitetop
05-18-2000, 11:52 PM
Ebay has a set of correct '68-'72 Lakewood traction bars for Camaro/Nova. These are the earliest style from Lakewood and are period correct for '69. The Lakewood bars you buy today are not correct. The bars have had 3 revisions over the years. Ones available today do not have the rear tail section, color is off etc. These also have the correct rubber snubbers, the ones today are more triangular shaped. The tubing and spring perch on todays arre also different. The ebay # is 331792380. If any one has any questions on what speed parts are correct you can email me.
Dave

JoeC
05-20-2000, 07:38 AM
Dave, I have seen Lakewood traction bars or NMW bridge type ladder bars used on the Motion "super bite" suspentions and other traction devices. Looks like Joel would use whatever the customer wanted or what was popular on the drag strip at the time.

whitetop
05-20-2000, 01:44 PM
Joe
You are right, I have seen the Motion cars with many different brands of traction devices. I also wanted to point out the bars on ebay are the "street" bars. The drag versions had square tubing while these are more rectangular shaped and are not as wide. These bars are the ones everyone ran back in the '60's/'70's. The drag bars are super rare. I have only seen one set in 15 years.
Dave