PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Shipping A Car To the Reunion?

COPO
08-04-2000, 01:13 PM
I'm having difficulty finding a shipper who is willing to guarantee pick-up and delivery days/times for my car. Anyone else having a car shipped? Who are you using?

Chevy454
08-09-2000, 04:06 AM
I was just curious if you have had any luck finding a transporter?

If not, then COME ON GUYS AND LET'S HELP HIM!!!! Surely someone out there knows of a company that he can work with!

sYc
08-09-2000, 04:05 PM
Anyone out there know of a good transport service? Does anyone remember which service Mark Timken used last year?

JoeC
08-09-2000, 04:53 PM
I wounder if you can ship the car by railroad. There is a station nearby so maybe you can unload it there and drive it to the show. Just an idea.

Vern B
08-09-2000, 11:01 PM
COPO

There is a ton of shipping services listed
in Hemming's. Did you check with all of
them? I've used local trucking company's also. If they aren't busy, they may cut you
a good deal. I just shipped a piece of equipment (a little bigger than a car) this
way from Missouri to Michigan and it cost me
$ 850.00. I think if you were on both ends
when it shipped and received you could trust
a trucking company. This would be the last
resort obviously.

Good luck,

Vern B.

COPO
08-10-2000, 01:39 AM
I've shipped a few cars w/Passport Transport and they are 1st class. The difficulty I am having is short of paying for the exclusive use of an eighteen wheeler for the weekend, so far, I haven't found a reliable carrier to guarantee picking up my car and delivering it to the show on Fiday evening or Sat. morning and then picking it up again on Sunday prior to my departure flight. I am not willing to ship my car w/a non-bonded carrier or on an open carrier. I'm a good 14 hour drive from Springfield and do not have a trailer or have the time to tow it myself. Still working on a few leads so hopefully it will fall into place. I'll be at the Reunion either way, but wouldn't nearly be the same w/out a car. Thanks

[Edited by COPO (08-09-2000 at 08:39 PM).]

whitetop
08-10-2000, 01:35 PM
if you can find the time to trailer the car yourself, many of the trailer dealers rent enclosed trailers. I have two dealers in my area that rent trailers of this type. They will even rent a truck if you need that. Better than going without a car.
whitetop

COPO
08-10-2000, 02:31 PM
Whitetop, thanks for the info. I've got a new Expedition (yea I know it's a Ford) so no problem pulling a trailer. I just do not have a couple of extra days to haul it there myself. Hopefully, I'll get things squared away in the next few days.

Chevy454
08-10-2000, 02:45 PM
I know open trailers aren't the best alternative, but U-Haul rents them CHEAP, and they have a fold away fenders on them, which allow you to open the door of your car! I hope you can work something out, as I am anxious to see that RAT!!!!

COPO
08-17-2000, 02:19 AM
Unfortunately this year all I'll get to bring to the reunion is some pictures. Hopefully next year I'll trailer out my COPO. Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing the cars. Should be in town Friday evening.

Charley Lillard
08-17-2000, 04:49 AM
Most of the Transport Companys are all booked up getting cars to and from Pebble Beach. Good Luck with the show, wish I could be there.

COPO
08-17-2000, 09:54 PM
Ahha, so that's why I had so much trouble. Unfortuantely, I'm not shipping a 7 figure Duesenberg or Ferrari and my last name is not Leno or Lauren.