PDA

View Full Version : How much is a 69 Yenko Camaro worth?

bbarnsworth
11-26-2001, 08:43 PM
Hello,

First, no it's not for sale http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/smile.gif My apologies for intruding with a question like this.

I realize there's a great many factors that play into the price of a supercar like this, but I am wondering how much a 69 Yenko Camaro is worth these days?

Assume; ~55k original, off frame paint restoration to original form. Nearly original everything, not perfect, but in very nice shape. 427 of course, with standard transmission not the automatic.

I know you can't pin a particular price on something like this, but what is the general price range for something like this now?

Thanks in advance,
Brian

COPO
11-26-2001, 09:32 PM
Try this link: http://www2.nadaguides.com/ValueReport.asp?UserID=052D66C08E4&DID=37221&Type=DM&GCode=CC&wPg=1107&wSec=2&Com=0015&Year=1969&Model=07001500522

sixtiesmuscle
11-26-2001, 09:45 PM
Once again, please ship all the $ 28-58,000 Yenkos to me ASAP! Fully restored, #1 condition Yenko Camaros are changing hands in the $90-95,000 range right now. Obviously lesser condition cars go down significantly because of the cost to get them to #1 condition. Color can be a factor with a range of about 10% difference between the more popular, and, less popular colors. Original engine cars carry about the same premium over replacement blocks. Of course I temper this with the disclaimer that it is only my observation & opinion.
As an aside, I think it is odd [and justified] how the value of Yenko Chevelles has skyrocketed in the last 60 days. What have others found out there?

Belair62
11-27-2001, 12:12 AM
I think they are getting the recognition they deserve.....considering the rarity I think they have been low for some time.The common belief is about 35 or so still exist which makes them a lot more rare than a Y Camaro.There seems to be a consensus that there is a small number left with original drivetrain. I personally think an original engine car should be valued a bit higher than a CE block in a Yenko.Just my un-biased opinion. http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/smile.gif

11-27-2001, 01:19 AM
We all know that a car is only worth what someone will give you for it. Especially a supercar. I have heard people say that a non numbers match car is just as valuable as a matching car, bull----. The more original, the higher the value. Generally, a person looking for a high dollar supercar, has done his homework, or knows someone who has, and can tell a 50k car from a 90k car. Correct restorations by reputable shops will bring higher dollar. Documentation also demands more dollars. Throw away the price guides. the price guides are the buyers. Too few cars sell to justify some type of price guide. Noone can "tell" you what ANY supercar is worth. My opinion of course.

Stefano
11-27-2001, 01:58 AM
This is a topic near and dear to my heart.

When the number of vehicles is so few, (Lets call it less than 300) and demand literally international, each and every vehicle stands on its own. There will be substantial price variance.

I remember certain COPOS,Yenkos bringing more $$$$ money almost a decade ago, than current market prices?

One problem with price guides is that they do not reflect private transactions. Most of these cars trade hands in this manor.

The main reason that numbers matching/ original drive train COPOs haven't carried a substantial premium over numbers correct cars is simply, that so few exist. Apples to apples an original drive train Copo will carry a substantial premium over a non original.

But, with so few apples to choose from, there is no correct answer.

There is a low milage original Yenko Camaro, that has just about everything going for it and then some. It is listed under cars for sale on this site. The price of $150,000.00 seems like quite a bargin.

JoeC
11-27-2001, 01:28 PM
There was always a big gap in the price of the Yenko Chevelle and Yenko Camaro. Being a big Chevelle fan, I could not understand this because although a Camaro is more popular the Y Chevelle is one year only and half as many sold but that's how the market set the price. This gap seems to be closing now. The best thing about the Chevelles is an original build sheet. It is a beautiful piece of 8.5 x 11 paper with all the assembly line part's letter codes on it and the cars RPOs. Some Chevelles have been found with 2 or 3 build sheets and if it is the original sheet it is iron clad documentation. It was confusing back in the 1980's because the L78 is shown in the RPO list instead of the L72 but the COPO codes override the RPOs and its all on the sheet.

bbarnsworth
11-27-2001, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

The engine and drivetrain on this Yenko are, to my knowledge, original. The numbers apparently match.

When the car was found, it had been sitting in a barn for ~5 years. Some owner in its past had decided it would look better in a different paint, and Yenko markings had been removed. It looked like a standard '69, except it had a 427 inside. $20,000 has been spent restoring it, and all documentation on the restore jobs has been kept.

As I noted before, the car is not for sale. A family member is the owner, and I am just curious about the value of the car. I'd read back in the early 90s that it was worth $80,000 in mint condition, but it seems the general worth has risen some in the last ten years.

My relative is the big time car person in our family. Me? I just drive regular old stuff here and there. The first time I drove that Yenko it scared the living **** out of me! Damn impressive car!

-Brian

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
11-27-2001, 03:08 PM
Brian;
Is this car Olympic Gold?
M

JoeC
11-27-2001, 03:50 PM
Marlin, the one you are thinking of does not have the original engine. It was stolen while the car was in storage.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
11-27-2001, 03:58 PM
That's a bummer!!
M

Stefano
12-16-2001, 03:26 PM
bbarnsworth,
Was this a known Yenko or a new find?