PDA

View Full Version : 69 ss camaro for sale

bkhpah
03-21-2002, 04:54 PM
Why the Yenko stripes? Harrell often painted stripes on his modified cars. I have seen 69 Harrell Camaros with a stripe down the center of the hood. It is far more interesting with a Harrell prepared stripe than an other Yenko clone...BKH

kayser
03-21-2002, 09:53 PM
I am close to finishing this car.within the next two weeks so I can send pictures to interested parties then.I am a body man not a camaro enthusiast. I posted this car a couple weeks ago in the forum trying to find out if it was a Yenko.The car is rust free and redone inside and out.The motor serial numbers are 3955272 to61ojo. x66 nor27119bdy.The motor is a 396 I believe not a 427.I have some history on this car which is pretty cool.The car was purchased from Mr. Rick Lenane if you look in the 1969 camaro reference book by Hooper,His name is on page 232.He was a mechanic on the Fred Gibb,Dick Harrel Drag Team.The motor was rebuilt by him and it is strong.The car is a true SS ,4 speed.Rick told me that the car was a super camaro from the factory but I don"t know how to prove this.The car has weird factory stuff that wasn"t on your normal camaros.Light weight drive shaft ,factory snuppers,traction bars,old stewart warner gauges.NO power steering,has power brakes,factory high rise,holley, headers,dual point ignition, The motor carry's 185 to 190 compression each cylinder.The car is being painted the original ralley green.It had a center stripe when I stripped the car,after three coats of paint,I am painting it back the way it was originally,after being notified that a harrel car had this scheme on it.The cars asking price. $33,000

[Edited by kayser (03-21-2002 at 04:53 PM).]