PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Camaro L-89---another one---

WWJD
10-30-2000, 03:49 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=482694535

Bidding is up on Nov. 7th

This is YOUR chance to own one of the very few DOCUMENTED L89 Camaros. It is probably the most highly optioned L89 car in existence!!! The car is registered with the Camaro Research Group and Paul Schneider's L89 Camaro Registry. It has the Protecto-Plate and I have even visited with the original owners. This Los Angeles built car was featured in the April 1969 issue of Popular HotRodding where it was one of three chevys to be tested at Orange County Drag Strip outside Los Angeles. Car was purchased at Gledhill Chevrolet just a few miles from the Drag Strip for $5400 with 17 miles on it. This is a RS/SS 396/375 horsepower car with the L89 Aluminum Head Option. It is further equipped with a Turbo 400 Automatic. Research shows that less than 69 L89 cars were made with an Automatic. Some of the rare options included in this BIG BLOCK high horsepower car are: Tilt Wheel, AM-FM Blue Light Stereo, Electric Windows, Fiber Optic Turn Signal Indicators, Outside Remote Mirror, Endura Bumper, Vinyl Roof, Etc.!!! The car also features the Ralley Sport & Super Sport Options, Power Steering & Brakes, Posi-traction, etc. Car is Dover White with Deluxe interior (Black and White Houndstooth Interior), Black side hockey stripes & Vinyl Roof. Tires are in EXCELLENT CONDITION. It has all the original date coded glass except the windshield that obviously was replaced at some time, deluxe dated seat belts, 4 original dated YJ Ralley Rims, date coded pulleys, whitek clamps, spark plug wires, exhaust manifolds, water pump, alternator, starter, distributor, carburator, fan blade, bumper jack, etc. Even the head rests are date coded and original. I have a brand new repo Delco R59 Battery in it. It has the original engine with vin number stamped on the stamp pad EXACTLY where it is suppose to be!!!! Also has the original Rear End! It has a Turbo 400 CX Transmission with data plate on it which ALL L89 Automatic cars MUST have and it has been totally rebuilt to CX standards but is not original to this car. The CX trannnys are very special and built to withstand the high horsepower engine. When it shifts, your head goes back!! Protecto-Plate reads: 124379L507834 H T0916JM BT 1018G N 69X299 1133 3 and the Cowl Tag reads: ST 69 12437LOS171969 BDY TR 713 50 B PNT 11A E675 This is a first week November 1968 built car. Car was originally equipped with Chambered Exhaust but they had been replaced years ago. Has an original spare tire and rim. This car has all original sheetmetal and it undercarriage has been cleaned and is nice and original. Has very good interior, headliner, and carpet. I cannot guarantee mileage is original. I only drive the car a few hundred miles each year. It has been garaged kept at least the last 10 years of its life. Car was repainted about 10 years ago by a previous owner along with a rebuild of the engine. Except for 8 months in California, this car has spent its entire life here in Idaho. Please ask any questions you may have. DON'T bid unless you are serious and plan on carrying through with payment at auction's conclusion. Being sold AS-IS and Where-IS. There is a small rub mark on the endura bumper (see photo), back window was poorly sealed, has a vertical scratch in passenger window (see photo), there was a fiberglass patch put on above the fuel tank neck (you can only feel it if you pull the fuel cover license plate down and you really have to look hard to see it), and a few more imperfections you'd find on a car that has not had a concourse frame off restoration. Buyer to wire transfer funds or send Bank Cashiers Check within 10 days following auction. These are the only 2 options buyer has and the money must be here to me in Idaho within the 10 days!!! Buyer is to arrange transportation but I will assist in any helpful way possible. LOTS of pictures to load so PLEASE be patient.