PDA

View Full Version : Nickey 1966 Chevy Two

tmilecki
03-03-2001, 09:28 PM
I would like to know if Nickey or any other supercar dealer offered any modifications to 1966 Chevy Twos. I have the chance to purchase a super clean 1966 Chevy Two post car and I would like to clone it.

tom406
03-11-2001, 10:17 PM
I met a guy in Scottsdale last year who was showing one of his Super Duty Pontiacs at the McDonald's cruise-in. He had a really nice '61 Bubbletop and a '62 Grand Prix Super Duty car at home, I think his name was Gartzmann. Anyway, he claims to have worked at Nickey in the mid sixties and told me about the L-79 he ordered in '66. It was a red/red 2dr post Nova sedan that they were able to order from Chevrolet with no sound deadening or sealer, or "no dum-dum" as he put it. Of course it was also a heater/radio delete car. They breathed on it a little bit and it sounded like he was able to clean house for a while with this little 12 second stripper. He also had some very interesting stories about 427 Camaros built for customers in '67/'68, including one which was stolen during a test drive, never to be seen again. When the salesman got out to switch places and let the customer drive, the guy jumped over the console, nailed it, and drove away.