PDA

View Full Version : Gardner Exhaust

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
06-07-2001, 07:33 PM
Once in a while, a product purchased via a phone call lives up to it's claims. One such product is Gardner Exhaust Systems in Rhinebeck, NY who offers factory correct systems for many muscle cars. One application is for the '68-'72 small block Novas, with both the 'deep tone' and 'resonator' versions available. This system was highly reccomended by Brian Henderson, and The SuperCar Workshop. I purchased the resonator system for my '70 Yenko Nova. Tom Gardner was patient with me as learned how to properly install an exhaust system, and I am extremely pleased with it. The system fits well within the tolerances specified in the assembly manual. I was especially critical of the crossflow muffler area, mainly because the '70 Yenko Novas have a rear sway bar setup that really crowds things up in that area. I have more than sufficient room to work on all components in that area like the rear suspension, gas tank, rear diff. ect... Now that I have started the engine a few times, I am impressed with the sound, fit, finish, and overall quality.

I would highly reccomend Gardner Exhaust to those who want the best factory system available, and believe as I do that you get what you pay for!!

Pic's coming soon.
Marlin

Chevy454
06-07-2001, 07:50 PM
M:

Interesting that you brought this up. Dad and I have been kicking around the idea of replacing the chambered exhaust with a good dual exhaust. The main reason is for the Pure Stock drags, as the chambered seems to be really restrictive. Anyone tried the exhaust for the Camaros?

Denis
06-07-2001, 09:51 PM
A fellow 67 Z/28 owner just last week said he's really pleased with the Gardner system. I've only seen photos of his recently finished car but if the exhaust is anywhere near the quality of the rest of the car, you can't go wrong. I'm planning to use Gardner for my own 67.

Mr70
06-07-2001, 10:05 PM
Gardner sells a very good exhaust system.I bought one for my 1970 Chevelle and am very plesaed with it too.
Incidentally they used to sell parts from their exhaust systems individually.
I was told they stopped that because to many people were buying their systems complete and selling the parts they didn't want to use.Thats how good their product is and the demand for it.

sixtiesmuscle
06-08-2001, 12:05 AM
I have installed a number of Gardner systems, and, Eric has always been very helpful. Their products fit and look fabulous!!

Chevy454
06-08-2001, 03:01 AM
What do you guys think about swapping the chambered for the dual exhaust? Think there would a power improvement? I really don't want to use a mandrel bent system, as we are trying to get a true "stock" reading at the track.

CamarosRus
06-08-2001, 07:44 PM
Several years ago I provided Tom Gardner with Original 70 Z-28 Exhaust(Head)Pipes that he used as patterns for that application.....As a former USCC/WCA judge I took issue with the appearance of there two piece welded 70 Z-28 Chrome tailpipes, but maybe theyve changed or improved that....one SMALL but important issue are the two factory clamps/hangars that hold up the Camaro(and Nova???) Crossflow Muffler. These are of a "J hook" style and are VERY difficult to find. Gardiner does not provide or reproduce the stock appearing hangar, which IMHO if missing takes away from your restoration efforts. There is 2nd Gen 70 Camaro enthusiast, in the process of reproducing all the aforementioned hangars including the extruded rubber insulators. When I hear andd see the results I will post on this site. Regards, Chuck

bkhpah
06-16-2001, 12:03 PM
I have been using Gardner Exhaust for years on all our restorations. Tom and Eric are always looking to make their systems the best. We talk about changes and send them original parts to help get it right. This is one area of a restoration that is never a concern. They are simply THE BEST. Check out there cool website: www.gardnerexhaust.com. (http://www.gardnerexhaust.com.) ...BKH

Belair62
06-16-2001, 07:29 PM
I would also like to see some opinions on chambered vs. full mufflers.....thinking of putting on a chambered system on one of my Chevelles just for the fun of it but I dont want to hurt performance too bad...not that I will be racing it....it has a nice sound now with stock duals without resonators

micky69396
06-16-2001, 08:03 PM
The chambered they sell sounds pretty cool. Its loud. I dont know if I would want to drive one all the time with it. I put one on the black COPO Chevelle as it was a factory chambered car. It fits very well and we were pleased with it. I use Garder products on almost all of our restos. The cars I dont they dont make or its NOS.