PDA

View Full Version : Corvette Engine in a Camaro?

Todd
07-10-2001, 08:19 PM
When I was about 17 I bought a 67 RS/SS 350 Camaro. I bought it from the original owner, and he claimed that it had a Corvette Engine in it, and it is 1 of 50 made. He claimed that its a Zora Argus-Duntov (Corvette Engineer) engine. All the numbers match,and all the part #'s check-out from air cleaner to pan, and the car has a M-21 4-spd, with a 3.73 posi rear-end. And from my research the M-21 didn't come on SS350's. Also I've read that the rear-end gear ratio isn't available on my car because it has A/C. The origional emblems(including gas cap) are just regular SS emblems, not SS350 emblems. It was origionally purchased from Luby Chevrolet in Miami, Fl and I have all the documentation. But that dealership doesn't exsist anymore, and I've read that Chevrolet made a 350/350hp engine in 67,in addition to the standard 350/295hp. I also understand that the 350 wasn't used in the Corvette until 69. I've had the car almost a year and I'm begining a frame-off restoration on it, and I was wondering if any of you sYc/COPO guys could shed some light on the subject.

Charley Lillard
07-10-2001, 08:42 PM
Where did you read that there was a 350 hp 350 in 67 ? There were 350 hp 327's but not in Camaro's. You say all the #'s match. What is the engine code stamped on the front of the block ?

sixtiesmuscle
07-10-2001, 11:06 PM
If you have "all the documentation" from Luby Chevy, what does that show for engine, etc.?

Kurt S
07-11-2001, 06:25 PM
Let's do this the easy way and see what all the #'s say.
Could you post the trim tag, VIN, engine, trans, and rearend codes?
Let me know if you need help in finding any of these.
How were you able to determine it is a M21, not a M20?

Kurt S
CRG - www.camaros.org (http://www.camaros.org)