PDA

View Full Version : 1968 Yenko camaros

MrMotion
07-29-2000, 11:10 AM
Does anyone know or can document where or to which dealerships the 12 or so unconverted 68 Camaro L78 cars went? Were they dealer traded or just re-routed to fill outstanding orders? We suspect this car we have may have because of the way it was equipped and its history.

JoeC
07-29-2000, 03:12 PM
Maybe Dana Chevrolet?? The reason I say this is because on some of the Dana Camaro ads on the bottom of the page it reads " all prices are f.o.b. South Gate, California and Canonsburg, PA" and the 68 Dana Camaro and 68 Yenko used the same hood. Also if you have the magazine with the Don Yenko interview look at the 68 Yenko pictures that Don gave to the mag. It looks like palm trees and a beach in the back round-kinda funny for PA. There may have been some relationship with Yenko and Dana in 68. I am trying to do some research the 68 Yenko COPO mystery.

MrMotion
07-30-2000, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the info, Joe C, we are trying to get as much paperwork as possible, and if we are lucky this GM R&D Engineer may give us a lead. He used some of those R&D BBC parts to test out on this 68 and says he still has some of them. We will keep TSR informed with any vital info.

JoeC
07-31-2000, 05:17 AM
This GM R&D Engineer sounds like a great connection so I hope you can get the parts and info from him. Next time you talk to him ask if he remembers that 1968 Yenko "special drag car" in the Kevin Suydam collection.