PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Yenko Chevelle Wheels

Heavy Chevy
12-31-2000, 02:26 AM
Does anyone know the wheel and tire size (including back spacing) of the otional 5 spoke mags used on the 1969 Yenko chevelle? The wheels that look like American torg-thrust. I need the tire size in numeric and metric size. Thanks

Belair62
01-01-2001, 04:07 PM
HC,you may be referring to the Atlas wheel but I can only help you with the correct period American Torque Thrust straight spoke size as follows...15 x 7 with 1/2 inch Positive offset.Tires are F70-15.At least thats what I have in the garage. Coker Tire site may have a conversion chart for you or I'm sure someone else can answer the metric question.The curent Torque Thrust "D" wheel closer resembles an American GT wheel rather than a true "D" spoke. The "D" was made to clear the new 4 piston GM calipers of the time and are quite different than the re-issues.They were the preferred wheel on road racers of the era since they cleared the new calipers.The old straight spoke Torque Thrusts was the top line wheel in those years and was not cheap. Many companies put out their version.The Atlas wheel is very similar.