PDA

View Full Version : Marlin Spotts Yenko story in the new Nova Times!

bkhpah
06-11-2002, 04:11 PM
Nice story and history on the Yenko Deuce in the new Nova Times magazine. Good job Marlin..BKH

MikeA
06-11-2002, 04:22 PM
I have to agree, Great articles! Can't wait until Part 2.

JoeC
06-11-2002, 06:00 PM
Is there a way to purchase the magazine or copies of the article? I would like to read it.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
06-11-2002, 07:13 PM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
Thanks for the kudo's!! Wayne and I got a little mixed up with the articles. The main article was in the magazine two months ago, but wasn't featured on the cover until this month. I wasn't expecting it to be on the cover, so I didn't have another article written up with additional pictures. So, I had to scramble some more material together. After Belk's restoration was featured with all the pics of date codes ect, I didn't want to submit the same types of pics so that is why you see less detailed shots.

I was already writing the articles on the COPO process, and the Nova's involvement, which is why the first one is also in this issue. If you notice any discrepancies, let me know so I can at least correct my master file since I plan to use it in the future for seminar purposes. I have about two more articles to do, one more on the COPO process and a final one on the Yenko Deuce Registry statistics.

Big Bummer - Loaded the Yenko Saturday night to go to a show on Sunday. Sunday morning came home from church to find one of the trailer tires was flat!! No spare, smooth move, couldn't make the show, oh well. Can't wait till the York show.
M

bkhpah
06-12-2002, 02:28 AM
The Nova Times is the NNN club magazine. It is worth the dues. Wayne does a nice job with it. Some great articles like Marlins pop up every once in a while. I belong and do not own a Nova yet...BKH

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
06-12-2002, 03:15 AM
JoeC;
The NNN is a good club, they feature both the stock stuff and the hot rods. Stan and BKH had a ton of pics of the '69 L78 Nova that SuperCar Workshop restored, and Wayne did about 6 months of features of Belky's Huggar Deuce.

BKH:
We know where your Nova is /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif
M

Schonyenko2
06-12-2002, 01:51 PM
Thats what you get for using a Ford truck for a tow vehicle.Good article. Where is that gobi biege deuce in the Chicago pic?

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
06-12-2002, 02:08 PM
Hey Schoneye!!
My own fault for not have the right kind of spare for the trailer /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

The Gobi Beige car in that Chicago photo is a technicality, the jerry A. deuce is painted daytona yellow, but is supposed to be Gobi Beige.
M

JoeC
06-12-2002, 03:06 PM
Nova Times has a web site at
http://nnnova.com/NovaTimes.html

If you join the club you can get the present issue for an additional $2.00

JoeC
06-12-2002, 03:12 PM
Marlin, do you have a new email address? I tried [email protected] and it came back failed delivery.

mc25t190
06-15-2002, 01:13 AM
brian, i like the yet part on the nova! sounds like a nova might be in the horizon. i'll have to say they get a lot of attention. i would love to see one if you do one. i would definitely be in line for one you have done. i applaud your attention to detail.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
06-15-2002, 01:16 AM
Hey Kevin;
With all those compliments, it sounds like you would like to buy his Yenko Camaro /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif We know where your Yenko Deuce is waiting too /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

JoeC;
New email address: [email protected]
M

mc25t190
06-17-2002, 12:19 PM
if you have been to brians shop and seen his work you'll see why you would like for him to do a car. i saw his camaro , but, already have one. i would sell mine first before gettin another one. his yellow camaro is quite a car , the nicest original car i have ever seen. i got to se a restored car vs. an original. no matter what an original is only original once, brian does the closest work to an original i have ever seen. i gained quite a bit of knowledge from visiting his shop. whose deuce, might that be one of yours or belks? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
06-17-2002, 12:25 PM
Kevin;
You are correct on the SuperCar Workshops' abilities, when are going to get them to do one of your cars??

You know which Deuce is yours /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif a used car lot owner in Danville /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif
M

mc25t190
06-18-2002, 11:36 AM
so few people know of that car. i am and have been trying to get that car for a while , still in midst of 3 year rest. the guy is certainly taking his time. i would like to buy it and have brian finish it, good luck! i don't have anything for brian to do right now, if i did he has a backlog, but if it said yenko, he'd be the one.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
06-18-2002, 02:20 PM
Kevin;
/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif Hate to tell ya, but every Yenko Deuce owner in the registry knows about that car, plus a bunch of other enthusiasts. Nobody has really pursued it because it's been overpriced. If you have Jerry on your Christmas card list, then you should be able to pull it out of him with ease!!
/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif