PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Zone help needed

Wacky174
06-13-2002, 08:36 PM
Guy's I'm trying to assit a buddy who purchased a '72 Canadian built car. It's not a COPO but what we are trying to establish is where it was sold from. The owner sent and recieved the Canadian GM package but did not tell him where it was sold. The documents have the car as coming from zone 44, and dealer 420. 44420. Can someone tell me possibly where it was sold.. The car is all original and the new owner is searching out all the info he can on it.. Your help would be greatly appreciated..

Wacky

JoeC
06-13-2002, 09:42 PM
I went to the Chevelle web site and searched it but 44-420 is not in their data base.
I put in just the Zone 44 and this comes back to MI.
here is the search link
http://www.chevelles.com/zones/index.shtml

Try calling the companies that make the repro window stickers.

COPO PETE
06-15-2002, 02:58 AM
I've never seen a zone 44 in Canada yet.
Peter

Wacky174
06-16-2002, 11:01 AM
COPO PETE, The car in question is a '72 Chevelle SS 402. My buddy sent away to GM canada and recieved the 3 page document detailing what was on the car at time of order as well as options. The second page in has the build date as September 27th, 1971. Is has the next line as reflecting the Zone and numbers 44420. Then is has one more line that has Zone-44, then dealer-420.. He was just looking to find out what dealership the car would have been sold from.. GM Canada said that they either could not or had no stored data that would indicate the dealership or zone. Why I don't know. If you would like I could Fax you the copy too look at.. It's not a real big deal or it's not a COPO car but this site is always helpful with this kind of thing. Also the Chevelle site have turned up nothing..

Wacky

Mr70
06-16-2002, 11:54 AM
Zone 44 is Detroit Michigan.
Your car was shipped from the assembly line to this state to sell new,but some dealers traded amongst other dealers,or the first owners brought it into Canada.
GM Canada keeps track of any sales like yours as well.
It was not sold Brand new in Canada.It was sold brand new in Michigan.

Wacky174
06-16-2002, 12:35 PM
Thanks, I did get that much info. And I do realize that it was sold in the US, but what is the 420 dealer ?? My buddy is very pleased with the answers up to this point.

Wacky