PDA

View Full Version : '69 Yenko Nova

SS427
06-22-2002, 03:23 PM
While paging through some old mags, I came across a 1988 issue of Musclecar Classics. On page 29 is a picture of a car touted as a '69 Yenko Nova owned and raced by Ron Kacir. Does anyone know if this car was real and if any members currently own it? It stated that it was then running a 350 4-speed.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-11-2002, 12:39 PM
Can you give us some more info on this article? Color of the car, trans type, etc...

SS427
07-11-2002, 12:47 PM
The magazine is at home. I will pull it back out. It was a black and white photo, no longer had the yenko stripes on it and was being raced. I will take a digital of it and sent it to you Marlin.

SS427
07-12-2002, 10:21 PM
Upon further examination, it may just be a '69 that someone threw Yenko emblems on (prior to 1988). It was being raced at Indianapolis Raceway park. The car looks to be Grey in color with a dark strip running down the side of the car and is about 6" wide. At the rear, it wraps over the trunk similar to a '70 Deuce. In the front, the stripe comes to just in front of the fender gills and then up and across the hood. Obviously the stripes were added on. It is running a clear early Pro Mod type hood scoop facing the rear, ralley steel wheels, tow bar hook ups in the front and ladder bars. I cannot see the 427 Yenko emblem in front of the side marker lights but appears to have the '68 style side marker/engine c.i. plate. The grill is blacked out with no emblems on it. License plate (unknown state) "WA 5192". The only clues are Yenko emblems above the Nova script on the front fenders and the heading below stating;
"Ron Kacir restored this '69 Yenko Nova purchased new by his brother. Ron rebuilt the car after it was damaged in a wreck and has been drag racing it since. Car ran 13.80's at 101 mph. Power now comes from a 350-cubic-inch backed by a four-speed."

It is probably just a car dolled up to look similar and with Yenko embles on it. However, sometimes this is where we find those long lost cars.