PDA

View Full Version : York US 30 shaow just days away!

bkhpah
07-06-2002, 12:52 PM
The York US 30 show is just days away. I have been in contact with Darwin and the place is full. All those that are participating with the Supercar Registry group will have there own indoor area to park together. Look for the new Supercar Registry Banner that will be on display to mark our area....BKH

Chevy454
07-06-2002, 01:28 PM
Brian:

Be sure and post LOTS of pictures for us guys stuck here @ the house!

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-08-2002, 09:32 PM
Bring on the York US30 show!! Trying to get my Atlas wheels and Polyglas' mounted up by Thursday night!!

BKH: Is Ed Hedrick going to be there?
/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-09-2002, 07:30 PM
I got three of the wheels on for the show, bummer, don't like 'em!! Will have to keep looking for two more.
/ubbthreads/images/icons/mad.gif

Chevy454
07-09-2002, 08:35 PM
So, who here is taking a digital camera? And when will see the pictures?!

bkhpah
07-10-2002, 11:50 AM
Hedrick is scheduled to attend. I look forward to meeting him. I am still thinking about changing over to rallye wheels for the show. I am just a bit tired of the Atlas look...BKH

JoeC
07-10-2002, 12:38 PM
Which would be a better day to be there - Sat. or Sun.? I may just be able to attend one day.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-10-2002, 12:52 PM
JoeC;
Better make it Saturday, I believe the show ends at 10:00pm Sat. night!

68l30
07-10-2002, 04:11 PM
I should be there Sat with a digital camera.Anything happening on Friday?

Steve

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-10-2002, 07:01 PM
Setup from 8am till ~ 4pm.

John
07-11-2002, 02:23 AM
Brian, Thanks in advance for helping to get a few of these cars together on the East Coast...it's going to be a great weekend!

bkhpah
07-11-2002, 10:59 AM
Three cars have dropped out. But two others have taken their spot. It should be great. We are leaving at noon Thursday. Thanks to all that have comitted to the show..BKH

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-11-2002, 12:46 PM
BKH;
Who dropped and who joined??
I was originally planning to go this afternoon, but vacation days are limited so I'm leaving as early as I can Friday morning. Hope to get there around 8:00 a.m. when they open.

I don't like the Atlas wheels on my car, I don't think they go very well with the Gobi Beige, and the rears have a little too much offset. I put Polyglas F70-14's on them, and I can barely put a finger between the wheel lip and the tire. They may have even rubbed a little bit last night when I mini-launched it on a test run. They will look appropriate for this show, but then they come off!
/ubbthreads/images/icons/mad.gif

shor
07-11-2002, 11:56 PM
Sorry, I had to drop out, but with a little luck I will be at the reunion.

Mr Yenko
07-14-2002, 08:45 PM
WOW !! What a SHOW!! I want to thank Brian for getting all these Great cars together for us to see.And a SPECIAL congradulations on the Award for Largest Club Participation. This show would not be as good if it wasn't for all the people from this site. Brian "MOF" /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif

bkhpah
07-15-2002, 01:39 AM
WOW is a good way to describe the US York 30 show. The Supercar Registry had 13 cars in attendance. We were awarded the club participation award. A special thanks to everyone that brought out their Super Cars. One of the highlights of the show was without a doubt Ed Hedrick. He won the Super Stock Championship in 1969 with his Yenko/Jenkins prepared Yenko Camaro. What a great person he is. He shared a ton of information about his car with us. He was happy to sign anything that our group asked him to. Just by luck the new Supercar Registry banner was diplayed at the autograph table. All the Chevrolet drag greats were happy to sign it. Malcom Durham, Grumpy Jenkins, Bruce Larson, Ed Hedrick, Mrs. Dave Strickler, Linda Vauhn, and Jungle Pam. This along with our trophy and items from this show will be on display at the Supercar Reunion Show. Ed Hedrick may attend as well for a Q@A. The amount of rare iron in the building was mind blowing. Altered wheel base Hemi's T-bolts, Z11's and many other great Super Stock and vintage rails, not to mention the amount af great cars in the cruise area. The show is signed for 5 more years. They wants us back! You have a year to get ready. We will put together a group for next year, any one interested yet?...BKH

mhassett
07-15-2002, 10:25 AM
Brian,
Count me in for next year--I will plan for it!!
Like to bring the Motion Phase III Camaro. Glad the show was a success for you. See you at the Reunion.
Mark /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif <font color="purple"> </font color>

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-15-2002, 12:57 PM
This show was awesome!! The best day was Friday, watching all the 'old school' cars come in, kicking back cleaning the cars, harassing each other /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

It was nice to meet some more members of the board, 68l30, and John Hauer, among others. The highlite of the show was definitely talking with Ed Hedrick - what a wealth of info on the events from back in the day.

There were some good vendors there, BKH and I picked some cool issues of Drag News and National Dragster with '67 Yenko, Harrell and Deuce ad's in them. I also picked up Speed and Supercar Oct. '68 with a '68 Motion Camaro on the cover for our buddy Mark Hassett!!

Definitely a show to visit next year.
/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Mr70
07-15-2002, 06:24 PM
Sounds like a very nice show.
Marlin,how did your Nova show..with those wheels?
Anyone take any digital pictures?

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-15-2002, 07:11 PM
I don't like 'em, they are coming off. The other guys liked them, but I have to get different back wheels since the offset causes them to hit the quarterlips. If I find a set to match the fronts, and can get them polished up nicely, maybe I'll try them again, or maybe some XT's, or maybe some old school Cragars, or.... They looked good for this show, nobody I ran around with back in the day had the same offset wheels all the way around!

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-15-2002, 08:28 PM
mr70:
Board member 68l30 was taking some digi-pics, and the Mayor of Fishkill took a bunch of pics too. When I get my film developed, I will try to post some of mine as well. Very cool show, they have already scheduled next years.
/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Mr70
07-15-2002, 09:40 PM
Thanks Marlin.
By the way,you can drop the Mr70...Its Rick,and to everyone else as well.

John
07-16-2002, 12:27 AM
Hope everyone returned home safely from the York 30 show...It was great meeting some other members and seeing their cars. Marlin, thanks for the adverisement on "Yunker" Chevrolet showing a "Hurst Dual-Gate" Yenko camaro. ....and Brian, you deserve a round of applause for getting the info out and getting us up there. I took some 35mm photos which i hope turn out...it was 800 ASA film and I will be sending you a copy of them. Thanks for a great weekend.

68l30
07-16-2002, 01:41 AM
Great show!It was really hard to take a good picture,narrow aisles and LOTS of people.I did manage to take a few of some of the significant things that happened around the Supercar display.Hopefully they will be posted below.......

Steve

68l30
07-16-2002, 01:45 AM
Ok so it's an attachment!Here is Ed Hedrick back at the wheel.

Steve

68l30
07-16-2002, 01:48 AM
Mrs.Dave Strickler signing the banner......

68l30
07-16-2002, 01:50 AM
One of several Yenko air cleaners signed....

68l30
07-16-2002, 01:57 AM
Hedrick and BKH after a chat with several members......

68l30
07-16-2002, 02:06 AM
I do have more cars on 35mm film and more on video.It was hard to stay focused with all the quality cars and memerobilia around you.I would put this show on your MUST SEE list if you enjoy super stock racing and everything from the past.......

Steve

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-17-2002, 02:10 AM
The www.yorkus30.com (http://www.yorkus30.com) site has a slide show section of the show. After going through all 113 slides I found the following supercars:

(Just insert the slide # you would like to go to in the '1 of 113' box on the slide show page)

slide 1: Stan's '69 L78 Nova
slide 5: Marlin's '70 Yenko Nova
slide 96: John's '69 Yenko Camaro
slide 102: Bernie's '69 COPO Camaro in the background
slide 103: Glen's '81 Turbo Z
slide 104: Joe's '68 Harrell Chevelle
slide 107: Tom's '70 Yenko Nova
slide 113: The only group shot visible in the background

<font color="red"> Good Show, Fun Time! </font color> /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-18-2002, 09:07 PM
Mark Hassett;
You have a private message!

Stefano
07-19-2002, 12:30 AM
Looks like a great turn out based on all the pictures.

MikeA
07-19-2002, 10:37 AM
Marlin,
I just looked at the pictures from the show and I think the Deuce looks good with the Atlas wheels.

Then again, I would like the Deuce with square wheels! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-19-2002, 03:02 PM
Mark;
The magazine will cost you one of the famous Sausage Sandwiches from one of the Roach Coaches the next we get together at Carlisle /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif
I like the '68 Motion ad right inside the front cover, and the additional article about adding the cold air induction to what looks like another '68 Motion Camaro. Good Mag!
Send me your address!

sYc
07-24-2002, 04:23 PM
Brian; Here is a picture from one of Don's scrapbooks that I thought you and others who got to meet Ed might enjoy. Tom

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-24-2002, 07:03 PM
WOW!!
What a cool pic! Where was it taken?
You can clearly see the stripe that was painted on the driver's side 1/4 panel, after the accident on the hauler when it was being delivered to Hedrick at Jenkin's shop.

Got more?!?!?!?

68l30
07-24-2002, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the shot!Good point on the stripe.I wonder why the body man painted it on when Ed gave him the decal?

Steve

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-24-2002, 09:14 PM
Even Ed didn't know why he used paint!

bkhpah
07-25-2002, 02:41 AM
Excellent. The car was being flat towed by another Yenko Camaro when it jacked knifed. It damaged the drivers quarter. The body man painted the stripe on instead of applying the decal Ed provided. I just received a letter from Hedrick today and he is going to try and come to the reunion. Is that great or what!...BKH

JoeC
07-25-2002, 03:55 PM
Found this pic of Ed. Looks like a Muncie under the car. Was the car originally a 4sp? I know Ed ran it in the auto trans class and the car was used in an ad for Vitar racing (auto) trans. What year did he win the AHRA title? I don't think it was 69 but maybe 70 or 71?

NWYENKO
07-25-2002, 04:07 PM
Great pictures!! If the car ran auto class wouldn't it be SS/EA instead of SS/E?? Jim

JoeC
07-25-2002, 04:30 PM
Yes Jim I noticed that in the pic that Tom Posted. The other pics I have seen have it in an auto trans class which I think was SS/EA. He may have run it the first year as a 4sp then as an AT? Here is another pic that was from the magazine article on the OG test car.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-25-2002, 05:31 PM
I have that pic of Ed and the trans on the ground, as well as another one with him standing next to the car. Ed autographed them both for me at the York show, he was utterly amazed that I had them and would like copies. Ed did not recall where that pic was taken, but he did run the 4speed for the first year. I'm not sure when he put the a/t into it. He remembered the pic from the magazine when we showed it to him, and that is what jogged his memory that the it was the left q/panel that got hit and repaired. Nice pics!

sYc
07-25-2002, 05:44 PM
By looking at the large letters on the window in the background, it appears that the picture was taken at Nankivell Chevrolet, located in Indianapolis, IN, which was a Yenko dealer in 1969. Tom