PDA

View Full Version : How did I get 'demoted'?

Fhakya
08-08-2002, 10:21 AM
Before the transition to the new format, I was a 'Member' and pretty proud of it. Since the changeover, I've been demoted to 'junior member'. Just curious what happened there.

-Mark Holman

Mr70
08-08-2002, 01:25 PM
You haven't been coming to the meetings.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
08-08-2002, 02:10 PM
And because your screen-name is, ummm, unpronouncable /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif
Is it a symbol, like fellow MN'n Prince (or artist formerly known as)? /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Fhakya
08-09-2002, 07:59 PM
Ahh...Actually the 'nick' is an old throwback to my early college days playing NTN trivia in local bars/Cattle Company's. It was way too funny to watch the happy hour announcer at the bar's announcing the name over the PA when I was winning. If you guys think it's too 'risque' I can always change it I suppose.
-Mark

Chevy454
08-09-2002, 08:06 PM
I hate to admit, but I laughed the first time I saw it!

As for your demotion, I have no idea. A couple other members have had it happen. I'm only guessing, but I'm gonna say it's from when we switched boards.

Fhakya
08-10-2002, 10:53 AM
The funniest instance of this was at the 'Stuart Andersons/Cattle Compay" in Bloomington, MN during a happy hour stopover. There was a majority of seniors there for a WWII trivia game and I took the win. The name "Fhakya" flashed on the big screen over and over. The geriatric mumbling began...uh oh. But, the emcee/DJ did take control and made reference to a chinese cuisine called Fa-Kee-Ya (quick load of BS)...and commended my choice of names. My roommates name was 'Sprout', he came in 2nd...so it all came together. We both laughed about it and I got my free meal.