PDA

View Full Version : Gorries Black Panther Value

Zedder
09-29-2002, 01:46 PM
As some of you may know, Gorries Chev in Toronto was doing their own version of a Supercar in 1967 named the Black Panther. I wondered if anyone could help me place a value on what one might be worth in the following condition: Number 2 car with amateur resto, original interior in excellent shape, no rust ever, 50,000 one owner miles, 427-435hp, 4 speed, RS option, tach/gauges, shoulder harness, headrests, magnum 500 wheels, all original equipment including tires, documented by POP, BOS and GM Canada.

Thanks,

MotownMadman
12-06-2002, 06:37 AM
Didnt these cars have some kind of a James Bond package? I saw one when I was young,(14 at the time) didnt know what I was looking at until years later, but I remember something to do with 007. I hope I am right on this or the alternative is I am losing my mind! Maybe I am thinking of the Canadian 007 Kenworth semi that had that option years back. /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif

Zedder
12-06-2002, 12:42 PM
Hey Motown you haven't lost your mind /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif They did have a "007" console that consisted of a series of toggle switches under a plexiglass cover. I'll try and crop a pic I have of one and post it here. By the way, were did you see the car you mention - in Canada or the US?

Thanks,

MotownMadman
12-06-2002, 06:26 PM
Mark, Now you have me thinking, and believe me, thats a dangerous thing! I was born in Canada and we moved to Michigan when I was a little kid, we went back to Toronto when I was about 15, I have a cousin who is a few years older than me who was at the reunion and he had the Black Panther Car that he had just recently purchased new. That is when I sat in it and saw the James Bond stuff, at fifteen that seemed pretty cool at the time, not so sure what I think about it now. Anyway, the next time a saw him was in the early eighties when I went over for his wedding, he still had the car then, sitting in the shed next to his house,( these are farm people), but he wasnt driving it anymore. I havent talked with him since, I did get another wedding invitation a few years back(things happen), but I was too busy to go. I think maybe I should try to get in touch with him, I know my older brother went to the second wedding and should have a phone number for him. Here we go, another fruitless hunt! I will get back to you after I track him down, it is probebly a long shot, but I guess it wont hurt to try. I had not thought about that car in years until I saw your post.