PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Very Fortunate!!

NWYENKO
10-08-2002, 05:58 PM
Today is my 37th anniversary and I am reflecting on how lucky I really am!! A great wife, 2 wonderfull sons, 2 Yenkos in the garage, health, happiness. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif What more could a guy wish for except maybe a trip to the Reunion next year to meet a lot of you guys face to face!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif Jim

JChlupsa
10-08-2002, 06:08 PM
Aloha and CONGRATS for that 37th Year mark. Not many make it to the 7th let alone the 37th. Hope you see 37 more.

Stefano
10-08-2002, 06:21 PM
Jim,
Congrats, ours is 14 years today also.

NWYENKO
10-08-2002, 06:23 PM
Stephano, congrats to you also!! The next 14 will go by very quickly, enjoy them to their fullest!! Jim

copo9566aa
10-08-2002, 07:26 PM
Jim Joyeux Anniversaire et profite de la vie. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

DjD
10-08-2002, 09:29 PM
Congrats to both of you!!

Jim - Maybe some of these guys can bring their super cars to Seattle in Aug next year. I understand the Camaro show there may end up being the bash of the year. I believe it's being billed as "Race Cars and Pace Cars"...

Chevy454
10-08-2002, 09:30 PM
Congrats, fellas! So, does it REALLY seem that long? /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

copolocater
10-08-2002, 09:33 PM
Happy anniversery I missed it,you didn't mention retirement.How much for the two yenkos for that retirement fund if you still have em /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

NWYENKO
10-08-2002, 09:54 PM
Rob, no it does not seem that long at all!! I remember the 25th and it seems like last year. Copolocator, I think I will be holding on to them for a while. Having too much fun. As a matter of fact we are loading the Deuce up and going to a show 300 miles from here this weekend. Probably the last show of the season. Jim /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Mr70
10-08-2002, 09:54 PM
Congrats!
I'm sure you owe a lot of credit to your significant other,but I'll bet having your cars to escape to from time to time also takes some of the credit.Our hobby of Cars is always underated,and they never talk back! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Seattle Sam
10-08-2002, 11:55 PM
Jim,
Congratulations to you and LaDonna - you are both very lucky to have each other for so long!! Sue and I are pushing 23 years next Feb, it seems like forever yet it seems like just a short time we have been together.

Stefano, congrats to you also, your 14 plus our 23 equals J & La D's 37!

-Sam (and Sue)

BBIGG BLOCK 396
10-09-2002, 06:35 AM
Congratulations on the 37 years,my wife and I just hit 28,good to have someone you can share those number of years with!
Bobby

Souperhigh
10-09-2002, 12:59 PM
I also am very lucky, I still have my high school sweetheart and will have the honor of having my 32nd anniversary in late January. And I still have not had to grow up!!!!She still puts up with me and my hobbies. We are all very LUCKY!!!

sYc
10-09-2002, 02:28 PM
Like Souperhigh, I too married my high school sweetheart, will be 30 years in Feb. And talk about lucky, not only does she tolerate my hobby, she helps. That was her, Diana, who handles all of the little things at the reunion, such as T-shirt sales, gate, etc, for me. Without her, the reunion would not be possible. And, it gets better. On Sunday of the reunion weekend, I spent the day with my 2 sons, Rob and Jon, drag racing our Yenko Caamro and their '98 SS Camaros. It does not get any better then that! Well, a little, if I had got to come home with the title of "fastest Clary". The good Lord has truley blessed me. Tom

Charley Lillard
10-09-2002, 06:33 PM
This is getting wayyy too Gushy. Are you all having your Wive's read this thread or something ? Heck..I'm on my 6th Wife and the B##ch won't leave. OK, maybe my 1st Wife of 29 Years and still my best Friend. I know I know, my only Friend. Ha Ha Ha ........said it before Belair could.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-09-2002, 06:37 PM
You guys are old /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

moparts
10-09-2002, 06:39 PM
Charley

I'll be your friend if you let me drive your car!!!!

Souperhigh
10-09-2002, 10:02 PM
Charley,I see that you have not had to grow up either!!! It is truly a great world isn't it!!!I still have not decided if she dated me for my wonderful personality or the 57 Chevy I had then or if she know about the 64 GTO I bought a year later!!!!!Either way I tore them both up /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif I meant the cars Charley!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif

hvychev
10-09-2002, 11:15 PM
Charley you are somthin'! LOL /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

I am a young buck (24) married 5 months and one day she will probably end up with the cars!! I will be on the outside lookin in!!

ZL1mike
10-10-2002, 12:51 AM
Don't even joke like that hvychev!!!
same wife 25 years 2 Camaros, 2 kids, house & business, and a blown alky 63 vet, I'm felling pretty lucky too,.......
congrats guys.
Mike

ORIGLS6
10-10-2002, 01:17 AM
Jim,Stefano,
Belated congrats to you both, and my sympathies to the ladies. We just passed #36 and it looks like it will make 37. How can you argue with a woman that talks you into buying an enclosed trailer you really couldn't afford? Two kids that have never been in jail or into drugs! How can anyone be so lucky? Thank God for good women and old cars.

COPO PETE
10-10-2002, 11:07 AM
Hate to break your guys hearts... but I'VE got the best wife in the world!!!! (not you). She gets more excited than I do when I bring a car home! I've seen the shirts that say " If it gots tits or wheels... you're gunna have problems", but I have to disagree totally!
Good morning honey.... are you reading this???
Peter /ubbthreads/images/icons/smirk.gif

mhassett
10-10-2002, 07:09 PM
Guys, I should be in Divorce Court by Now!!! First the YENKO CAMARO then the ZL-1 and NOW the MOTION CAMARO----Boy did I hear it!!!! We have been together since 1970 and Married in 1975 -- and we both have one thing in Common--CARS--she has a show car camaro. It is hard to justify a car costing as much as a house. We are all lucky to have such nice and understanding wifes.. One year she flew out to the Reunion and surprised me. She really liked it and my son and I beat her home with the truck and trailer. Take care and Good Health to you and your FAMILIES!!! Mark /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif