PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Vettefest

ssl78
10-12-2002, 05:52 AM
Is any one going to bring a car to Vettefest? If anybody is interested, and we can get 8 cars to go and sign up together, we can all be assigned spots together. I am bringing my 69 RS SS ZL-1 and my Chevelle L-78 conv some one else is bringing a COPO Camaro. We need five more so if your interesred let me know. I would like to sign up within a week.

SS427
10-12-2002, 03:57 PM
I will be there with 2 survivor and 1 restored LS-6 and we are already set up as a group. Since only Dennis's car might be considered a SuperCar we can't be in the group anyway. /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif I am however looking forward to to putting faces with the names and meeting many of you at the show. /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif
Rick

ssl78
10-12-2002, 04:59 PM
My cars would not be considered supercars, since my ZL-1 car is a transplant. So it doesnt matter on the car I know there is a lot of people on this board without a Supercar. I also will enjoy meeting you and others.

hvychev
10-12-2002, 05:42 PM
I wish I would have known sooner!! I am already set up to be in the display with the North Shore Corvette Club who are friends of mine even though I don't even have a Vette anymore. I am bringing My Chevelle for the Botie Award, My Monte SS for the Spinner, and My fathers 01 SS Camaro for the Spinner as well. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

L78Impala
10-12-2002, 10:16 PM
Hey John, I am thinking of bringing my Impala. Do you have room?

Hvychev, what is the difference between the bowtie class and the spinner class? and what is the best class for a non-frame-off car.

ORIGLS6
10-12-2002, 11:27 PM
Not really a "Supercar", just purchased from a "Super Dealer". Do you, DR or BL have any sort of confirmation about the cars being together? I still haven't heard anything concrete from the show; only what they told me on the phone. 68 COPO II is registered and Barnhart told me he would be there, sans ZL-1.

SS427
10-13-2002, 12:35 AM
Bob told me he was confirmed as being in a group of three. Give him a call on Monday at 888-765-2232 and ask if he got that in writing.

hvychev
10-13-2002, 02:53 AM
L78 Bill, The Bowtie Class is what I put my Chevelle in. It is for cars that are clean nice looking stock but not 100% correct or for custom or modified cars. Kind of a wide class but the good thing is that your car is judged against itself on a 1000 point scale based on 1ST Cleanliness, then workmanship, fit etc.

The Monte Carlo is going for the Gold Spinner. This award is for a 100% correct restored car or for in the case of my Monte, a SUPER nice original that is still all correct. It is a "Concourse" award so to speak. They have an "expert" that judges the car also on a 1000 point scale on all the aspects of it's correctness. My Monte is all correct from day 1 including the original tires, belts & hoses that the car was born with and loads of original paperwork. Our Camaro is just a new car that is a easy winner but it was bought to be a show car.

All and all it is a good show with a lot of cool people, and a decent swap meet. The November show is the one to be at. Bummer is that their is going to be no showcase this year. This will be my 5th year and I can't wait to meet the supercar guys in person! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Mr70
10-13-2002, 03:17 AM
They say I have to enter the Bowtie class.....It has an air freshner hanging off the mirror.This will be fun. Anybody heading out to Morris Carshow/Swapmeet tomorrow morning?

hvychev
10-13-2002, 11:53 PM
Rick, Your out of the Spinner Class because of those homemade Chevy, On The Move 70's floormats in your car not the air freshner! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif Ok, so I shouldn't have made the 100% correct statement. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smirk.gif How about as close to 100% as you can get. Seriously Rick are you finally going to bring your car to Vette Fest?

ORIGLS6
10-14-2002, 03:17 AM
So are you bringing the car? /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif Rick N. told me he thought you were coming but wasn't sure you were bringing the car. What would it take to convince you? More cards? More decals? You name it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

68 COPO II
10-23-2002, 10:49 AM
Helen and Nancy Gibb (Fred's wife and daughter) will be at the show on Sunday from aprox 11AM-4PM.
I will have the Grecian Green 1968 Fred Gibb Mystery COPO Nova with a few Fred Gibb items displayed. They should be close by, please stop by and say hello to these two great ladies.

SS427
10-23-2002, 11:39 AM
Dennis (OrigLS6),
Make sure you get these fine ladies to stop by your car! Maybe you could get them to sign the inside of your trunk lid /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif

ORIGLS6
10-27-2002, 10:01 PM
Rick, Dennis,

I've been out of town for the past week so I apologize for the delay in my reply. I've been in touch with Mrs. Gibb a number of times since the show in Aug. and agree totally...she is quite a lady. We've reminisced quite a bit about the cars and the strip at White Hall. I didn't know they planned to attend VF though. That is a treat indeed. I also heard that Nancy had contacted Doug Marion about his editorial in the last issue of Chevy Rumble. Sounds like there is more coverage of the Gibb show in upcoming issues. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

L78Impala
11-11-2002, 05:09 AM
Frank,
I forgot to thank you for the info about Chevy/Vette fest.

I don't think I will be bringing my car, but I am looking forward to the show.

Hope to see you there,
Billy

hvychev
11-11-2002, 05:39 AM
Bill I am pumped about the show. I have been cleaning and preparing the cars for the show the past few Sundays. I even have the original owner of my Monte SS whom I have never met comming to the show to see the car and bring original pics and other things. I can't wait to see everyone!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif I have been praying to the rain gods that it will not rain since I have 3 cars and no trailer!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif They should have never made the show so late in the month.