PDA

View Full Version : Zimmerman Chevrolet in IL & Community Chevrolet...

Rat_Pack
11-17-2002, 05:17 PM
Does anyone have any info on Zimmerman Chevrolet in Freeport IL? Did they use an emblem for their script or was it a decal?

Also any info on Community Chevrolet in Las Vegas such as ads, dealer scripts, etc. Any help is appreciated on either of these dealers.................RatPack.............

JChlupsa
11-18-2002, 02:15 AM
Freeport is my Hometown and I believe they used both just need a date period for Zimmerman's that you would be interestind in. My sister and her family still lived there and living on the outskirts of town they have a small auto junk yard there that not many know about. I can ask my newfew to take a look at some of the cars there and see what he turns up

Rat_Pack
11-18-2002, 04:29 PM
Jeff, thanks for the reply. The car in question is a 69 Camaro. I am thinking that it would have to have been a decal or a plastic emblem applied with double sided tape as there are not any holes that have been filled in. The car is unrestored but had the POP and other misc paperwork in the glovebox showing the original dealer. Any help is appreciated...................RatPack............. ......

JChlupsa
11-18-2002, 04:47 PM
Who name is on the POP I might know the orginal owner and hopefully they might still have some pics of the car somewhere

Rat_Pack
11-19-2002, 05:20 AM
Jeff, I will find out tomorrow and let you know by private message....................RatPack................ .

JChlupsa
01-01-2003, 08:25 AM
Any name yet

Rat_Pack
01-02-2003, 05:18 AM
Jeff, totally forgot to check into it. The current owner is out of town until this weekend but will check with him then.............RatPack..............

JChlupsa
01-02-2003, 05:22 AM
No problem it was just something from 2002 and its now 2003. (had to say that /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif ) Let me know when you get a chance. My sister talked with one of my old running buddies and he had the Camaros in town during that time frame and most likely will know of the car if it stayed in NW Illinois.