PDA

View Full Version : Commercialize and Organize

x44d80
12-08-2002, 03:10 PM
I had a thought while working in my garage today. Why do us humans have to organize and commercilaize everything we do? A friend of mine who is a ex-drag racer won't even watch drag racing on tv because in his words it's become nothing but a computerized big-money sport that the little guy can no longer afford. I guess he longs for the old day's when drivers made changes to the cars instead of computers. My biggest grip is how everything becomes unnaffordable because of big money. I saw in another post that a Hemi Cuda was going for a cool million and another ZL-1 Camaro for 300K. Wow, if these investors want their investment to triple in 5 years the Cuda will be worth 5mill. On a smaller scale I have a little Z50 honda I bought a few years back for nothing. Well, now people collect those and I'm afraid to let my son ride it because it's now a collectable. Oh, screw-it, somethings to me are ment to be fun and to have fun with and if it gets dented so be it. Sorry for the rambling post, thought I'd get it off my chest so I can go back out to the garage.