PDA

View Full Version : How many Yenkos

sYc
12-10-2002, 03:20 PM
A while back we had a discussion concerning the number of Yenkos built. I stated that I felt the accepted numbers of 54, 64, etc. were incorrect. The '67 Yenko thread is backing up my theory. No one knows for sure how many were built. All we can do at this time is try and determine how many exist.

As per the '67s, I think we will see that number increase two fold, simply by the number of cars built, the information being passed around and of course, when Chevrolet begins releasing their info. If and when Chevrolet decides to document cars, it will play a major role in the increase of Yenko, and other supercar dealer built/sold cars. Of course, some of the numbers may go down, as owners find out who really built/sold their supercar. I am glad that I am not one of the few who have charged large sums of money (and put in writing) to document cars. Lawyers will have a field day with these folks, as well as some of the people who sold these cars. Will very interesting to say the least.

Mr70
12-10-2002, 11:07 PM
Tom I agree.
It's getting closer.....Judgement Day.Like the coming of the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse.
I am seeing more and more people sell Protecto plate equipment,cars that have no documents,Materials and anything related to documenting Cars, selling at some pretty low giveaway prices.
I know a few of these sellers that 7 years ago,wouldn't consider selling these items at all.
Today they are quietly selling it away on Ebay and such....They know!

hvychev
12-10-2002, 11:31 PM
With all of the talk about Chevrolet releasing their records, is it possiable that we are actually going to be able to find out if a car was a dealer built supercar? I mean I can see how this would benefit the LS6, Z28, COPO, etc.

Aren't most of the dealer built supercars with the exception of the 68, 69, & 70 COPO's transplant cars? From what I have read here and other places, cars like the Dana, Baldwin Motion, Nickey, etc started life as either L78 or 350 cars. won't the records just confirm this?

I was curious as to what you guys think the records are? Are they copies of actual build sheets, broadcast sheets, or a list of vin#'s with engine & trans combos? Also when do you guys think the records will actually be avaliable?