PDA

View Full Version : Dec 31st. at LaHarpe

mayor_b
12-15-2002, 02:56 AM
A very strong rumor is that at least 8 2002 ZL-1 Camaros will be at the old Fred Gibb Dealership Dec 31st for delivery to their new owners.The dealership is being refurbished for the special day starting around 10:00am. This is a invitation for all who can to attend. I will post more as it comes available, Ken

Belair62
12-15-2002, 03:29 AM
Darn cool idea.....

Salvatore
12-16-2002, 12:04 AM
Hey Ken, I hope that you will have a couple of magazines there for this event. This is a great idea to do this for the hobby, and the people buying these cars. It is like going back in time! Now, If we can get the weather down to around 22 below zero for this memorable occasion,it would be just like the old days. aka Dec.31st 1968. Sam

68TopStock
12-16-2002, 03:10 AM
Ken,

Just remember to get Herbie from the party just as he gets going to help with unloading! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

ORIGLS6
12-16-2002, 05:16 AM
Another milestone day in the history of Chevrolet High Performance. Can't think of a better way to celebrate New Year's Eve than gettin' high on some hi-octane fumes! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif Let's shoot for some decent temperatures so the guys can re-pave Jct. 9 & 94, two black strips at a time. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

mayor_b
12-16-2002, 11:15 PM
Ken, the second rumor is that Herb will have all the keys to these cars and will pass them out to the owners, The lastest number is still around 8 to 12 cars. They are working day and night in Georgia trying to get these done. More news as I get it, Ken

12-17-2002, 03:11 AM
Mayorb, could you e-mail me info on a hotel that will be near the site please. This is going to be a good time! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif Hope lots of people attend. Ken S. ( mayor of Donahue)( does that get us a discount?)and his wife will be going with us. Hopefully I won't need to bring the silver ZL-1 back. Maybe someone will buy it there. Who else plans on attending? We need to prepare for the party! /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

mayor_b
12-17-2002, 10:25 PM
If you are coming down on the Illinois side, Monmouth would be the closest to us, if you are on the Iowa side, Burlington would be the closest. I could make some calls for you if you let me know which side of the river you will be on. It would be nice if we had a motel here in LaHarpe, happy holidays, Ken

copo69
12-18-2002, 12:20 AM
Hope it's not too cold....maybe they won't start and you'll have to get a tow truck to pull 'em off the transporter, LOL.

mayor_b
12-18-2002, 02:38 AM
Ok gang, lets see how many different forcast we can come up with for Dec. 31st. in LaHarpe. The one I use says the low will be 6 degrees and the high 24. Wind chill will be H=6 and L=-3. Cloudy with snow much of the time. should be interesting