PDA

View Full Version : 50 Fastest Collector

RonNova396L34
01-17-2003, 02:21 PM
Does anybody here remember in the early 90's an article about somebody trying to collect one of each of the fastest muscle cars(50 I believe was the number)? I believe the article was in Muscle Car Review. Who was it and did they ever accomplish collecting all of them? Does anybody have the article they can post? It was all types of Muscle cars, Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Buick, Olds, etc...
Ron /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
01-17-2003, 02:44 PM
I believe he dissolved the collection before ever reaching his goal.

Seattle Sam
01-17-2003, 11:41 PM
.....Did he get a crew of guys together and try to steal them all in the same night?
/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif
-Sam

TimG
01-18-2003, 06:40 PM
The Austin, TX collector was bond broker Richard Tisdale. He was on the cover of MCR in approximately late 1984 (I have the issue somewhere) with some of his collection. He built a large concrete building near Cedar Park, TX (outside of Austin) to house his collection. He had lifts, fuel supply and mechanics on hand to keep the cars in shape. I was invited out there shortly after the article was published because Richard was interested in a 67 435 horse Corvette I owned and I was interested in seeing the collection. He had some pretty good stuff of all makes, some great 427 big Fords, lots of Chevrolet stuff, a nice 66 Shelby factory drag car, 442's, Buick GS, SD Trans Am, ect. Shortly after the article in MCR, he apparently ran into financial trouble and possible tax trouble. Everything was liquidated and I have seen some of the cars reappear over the years. To answer your question, the idea fizzled out, unfortunately. All that exists is the building in Cedar Park designed to house over 50 vehicles.