PDA

View Full Version : A real interesting eBay item!

SuperCars
01-24-2003, 04:44 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2401151409&category=64 09 Care to buy a car from Tuttle?

Stefano
01-24-2003, 05:01 AM
Does the winning bidder get to maintain the "onemillion" screen name on the Mopar Board /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif

JChlupsa
01-24-2003, 05:09 AM
Let me get this correct, he paid a cool Million $$$$ for it yet states "It DOES NOT have the original motor"

I would have thought that alone would have dropped his buying price way way down.

KLONECO
01-24-2003, 06:31 AM
SEEMS LIKE HE WOULD BE SORTA TOUGH TO DEAL WITH? /ubbthreads/images/icons/mad.gif ARE ALL THOSE MOPAR GUYS LIKE THAT? KLONECO

John Brown
01-24-2003, 01:25 PM
Which house goes with it?

NWYENKO
01-24-2003, 02:08 PM
Surprise!! It is a PRIVATE AUCTION /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif Jim

Don_Lightfoot
01-24-2003, 02:23 PM
His comments sure relay a stong feeling of optimism that it will sell /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif

NWYENKO
01-24-2003, 02:25 PM
I am confused. Is this the one he supposedly just paid $1m for? /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif Jim

Bill Pritchard
01-24-2003, 02:31 PM
"Does the winning bidder get to maintain the "onemillion" screen name on the Mopar Board"

No, they get a new one - "biggerfool" /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif

SuperCars
01-24-2003, 02:33 PM
Hi Jim, yes it was, and confirmed to me by Milton that he recieved that amount in full.

NWYENKO
01-24-2003, 02:35 PM
Any bets on the reserve? We should get up a pool. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif Jim

MrMotion
01-24-2003, 04:19 PM
Iam confused. If this is an "R" code engine and it is a Hemi, what type of engine did you get if it is a "Z" code (SPECIAL ORDER)? Info at www.Mopar.com (http://www.Mopar.com) then using the vin decoder.

copo9566aa
01-24-2003, 04:28 PM
People don't like this Hemi Cuda /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

AutoInsane
01-24-2003, 06:28 PM
COPO what auction was that picture from? What have other '70's Hemi Convertibles sold for? Why is this guy so cynical and angry? Where are his other cars listed for sale? What did Milt pay for the car? (Damn nice sale Milt!!!!)

Did someone get caugt up in the 'car mania' and over pay a wee bit for a car? A million dollars is one hell of a lot of money!! (Now if we were talking about Kevin's ZL1 Vette ..that's another story!)

As the past has shown car prices go up and car prices go down. I guess a car is worth what someone else is willing to pay. As a smart man once told me...I'll nerver pay more for a car than I think I can sell it for if I had to..

Bill O'Brien

copo9566aa
01-24-2003, 06:38 PM
Bill
The pics is from James G. Murphy Company auction. in 1999. /ubbthreads/images/icons/ooo.gif

copo9566aa
01-24-2003, 06:57 PM
Dec99 (http://www.murphyauctions.net/dec99.html) /ubbthreads/images/icons/smirk.gif

Norm reynolds
01-24-2003, 07:34 PM
Do you believe that as of 3.00 pm est the bid is at 795.100.00
Selling all his mopars he has had enough /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif
Could it be he is getting out of the business ?? We can only hope /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif
I love his description just by reading it would make me stay far away
How long did he own the car a week or two lets see he paid 1 million for it so
What is his reserve 2 million? /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif <font color="red"> </font color>

copo9566aa
01-24-2003, 08:18 PM
E+R+27+1-10=$$$$$$ /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif
I don't like speaking money. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smirk.gif

SuperCars
01-24-2003, 09:55 PM
Copo9566aa, the pictures you've posted above at auction and in Dec99 is my 71 Blue 4speed Hemi Convertible. It has the 100% original motor and drive train. I am in that picture some where as I was bidding on it. But already had the Yellow one, so I didn't go the maximum to get it at that time.

This Tuttle car now on eBay is the other one, and as said above, it is Milton's ex-car with non-original motor.

copo9566aa
01-24-2003, 11:36 PM
Oups sorry Kevin /ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif
Your car is the blue with no console... /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif
Kevin you have too many cool cars /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif
2+E+27+R+1-10= /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif
(Je pense que j'ai passer trop de temp dans le Chevrolet
derni¿rement j'en ai perdu un peu dans le Mopar) /ubbthreads/images/icons/ooo.gif
Pourtant je l'avoue ces mes favoris les Mopar.

Belair62
01-24-2003, 11:58 PM
We will consider that a personal attack under rule #3 Article 47 unless you translate...

copo9566aa
01-25-2003, 12:24 AM
I am punished /ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif
I made an error of beginner /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif
I ask for the capital punishment /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif
In my Mopar registry I have these two blue Cuda R1B2... and R1B3...
and i have nothing about R2D2 /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Belair62
01-25-2003, 12:31 AM
hmmmm...somehow I don't think that is the translation mon amee !!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

SuperCars
01-25-2003, 12:00 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=2401151409&amp;category=64 09 Reserve is met and then some, $1,300,000. With a private auction, bidders identity hidden, and as much as it may benefit me; I can't believe it until the car would actually change hands again.

CWilliams
01-25-2003, 12:20 PM
Exactly....1.3million seems unreal. Kevin, I live about an hour from Miltons, have you ever been to see his collection?

CWilliams

69rsz28
01-25-2003, 12:21 PM
If he feels as bad as the description sounds, I hope it is a valid bid and I'm happy for him.

CWilliams
01-25-2003, 12:26 PM
It just smells funny that a $1,000,000 car is sitting out like that with the hood up, battery out?, grease rags laying aroung. It just doesn't add up.

Stefano
01-25-2003, 02:21 PM
Congrats to the new owner. Anyone know who it is?

Chevy454
01-25-2003, 03:14 PM
Has anyone else put a calculator to the fees (http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html) he is gonna owe Ebay? /ubbthreads/images/icons/ooo.gif OUCH!

JoeC
01-25-2003, 03:35 PM
I think it is just a fixed $80.00 to sell a car on ebay.

Chevy454
01-25-2003, 03:39 PM
Ahh, gotcha...I read my own link wrong! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Norm reynolds
01-25-2003, 05:06 PM
I feel like I am in the twilight zone Turttle is making 300,000 in two weeks
Or is some one yanking his chain
/ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif

NWYENKO
01-25-2003, 05:48 PM
Maybe he is yanking his own chain!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif Jim

MotownMadman
01-25-2003, 07:02 PM
I got some ocean front property I am going to list on Ebay, oh yes, it will be a private auction so my friends and family can drive the bid up, just cause, "I will show you guys!" /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif
Motown /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif

Norm reynolds
01-25-2003, 07:37 PM
Number eight bid was retracted said wrong bid???
Now back down to 795.100.00
I think this hole thing is a joke Turttle is biding on his own car what a dirt bag
It is a shame that he is the owner of a nice car /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/mad.gif

Jeff H
01-25-2003, 08:46 PM
A lot of people will put a high bid on something to see what the others are bidding and what the reserve is and then retract their bid saying they bid the wrong amount. I watched somebody do that on a tire I was trying to win and I figured that they would come back at the last second and bid just enough to outbid me. So I upped my bid by $1 and sure enough they bid at the last second but came up .50 short and I still won it. It could be someone trying to do that.

Norm reynolds
01-26-2003, 05:51 AM
Turttle now bashing the bid retraction he is what he had to say
Well Mr. "Tibortoth" had a revelation and decided he had made the wrong bid. Only took all day to do this. Find someting better to do with your time. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smirk.gif He is a cocky sob that gives this hobby a black eye
as of 1/26/03 1 am 15 bids at 999.100.00 looks like there is some one more stupider that turttle /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

bbdon
01-26-2003, 06:21 AM
It's kind of strange that tibertoth's feedback does not show the bid retraction.

Zedder
01-26-2003, 02:00 PM
Where does some one who uses the phrase "more stupider" get a million dollars from? /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Keith Tedford
01-26-2003, 02:01 PM
I wouldn't be looking to E-bay sales of cars and parts as an indicator of true value. Too much opportunity to orchestrate phony sales to inflate prices. I think we are seeing lots of that right now. Am I wrong? /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

VIPERICH
01-26-2003, 02:57 PM
i posted a link to the auction on another board i look at and a mopar guy posted this.is what he is saying correct?sIf y'all don't mind, I'd like to chime in on this one as well. THE CAR IS FREAKIN BOGUS! - Period. Until two years ago there were 7 verifiable 71 Hemi Cuda Ragtops in this nation. Two years ago two more were found in Europe. None of the cars were made after Septmeber 1970. ALL 71 Hemi Cuda Ragtops were made before production number 410. The latest was a charcoal gray in Europe with Vin ending in 100409, the other European find ended in 100389 - (Ironic isn't it that both cars VINS end in GM motor sizes - only reason I rememebr the numbers - LOL). All American Ragtops are numbered before 365. The numbers on this car make it a March or April build date - at least 7-8 months AFTER the last known one was made. He has probably gotten a TON of emails about his bogus resto mobile and is tired of being called an IDIOT. So remove all doubt he just proudly displays it for the whole flipping world to see. Sucks to be him. This one's gonna leave a mark. Well, that should be enough for now!
upercars ,what does this sound like to you;

SuperCars
01-26-2003, 03:40 PM
That info from that guy you've re-posted is very inaccurate. Milton's ex-Car is as authentic as it gets. That guy should be careful about posting stuff like that about a $1 million car(s). What a way to get a lawsuit.

There's something I should've posted earlier about this whole circus, as it is a shame to see all this stuff happening to a great car. But you can understand why with the person involved that is the middleman. Anyway, from what I am told, the real owner is in Illinios. The title is in the care of a Bank in Illinios and the owner. Talked to another Hemi Collector at B/J, who at that time had been trying to trade a group of Hemis (a Hemi challenger Conv in the group) for this 71 Hemi Cuda Conv. After all his efforts, he came to find out that the Title was at the Bank, and could not be released unless cash was paid.

copo9566aa
01-26-2003, 03:46 PM
The VIN on top and the VIN on B-Sheet.....
/ubbthreads/images/icons/ooo.gif

yountto
01-26-2003, 04:16 PM
I have verified thru 3 people now that the car is legitimate,and have a friend who is going to be a serious player for it.Whats troublesome is that people post scientific data on how many were built,what vin #s are in europe,what colors they are etc,and dont have a clue of anything else other than that,they are merely info collectors....one would think that if someone had the free time to get all this info they would have the common sense to know the history of a very well known car..If you dont like the seller or broker thats fine,dont buy it. ....Ive been through the same jealousy with my Ls6 convertible on this site so i can relate ...how many proven ,authentic, rare ,musclecars[non members] WITH factory buildsheets need be bashed on this site before it stops????? Perhaps when someone files a libel suit??......

Norm reynolds
01-26-2003, 05:02 PM
I have to agree with you Keith E-bay is not the right place to judge what a car is worth
As far as the car benign real I would trust what supercars (Kevin S ) is saying about the car being authentic What is happing is that Dennis Turttle has just a bad reputation of cloning cars why would this one be real Kevin seems to know Mr. Robson and I bet that Milton is real sad to see that car go though this circus that Dennis has started I think there is a buyer already lined up over seas and Dennis is just doing the E- bay thing to get attention Dennis does not deserve of being involved with this car As far as what the car is worth what someone is willing to pay I know there is a few cars in Kevins collection that are worth more that this cuda If we only knew back in the 60s that these cars would bring in this kind of money . When the 70s came around and with the gas prices sky rocketed people were dumping these cars and you could pick then up for a song Hey getting to look like muscle cars will be doing better than the stock market this year /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Casey Marks
01-26-2003, 05:30 PM
It may be a legit car. And 71 Hemi Cuda *anythings* command the beaucoup $$$, however ......

Either that guy needs to get a new digital camera, I have crappy display settings on my computer, or that is one sorry shade of B5 blue. I'm *assuming* that it is pic quality, and that the car could not have changed hands for so much dough looking more like B3 blue than B5 ?? /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif

I'm also *assuming* that it's an older restoration ?? There are a number of things that aren't correct just by looking at the pictures. I wonder what else is up that aren't in the photos ? The in-excusable one is the battery. What does it take for a million dollar car to have the correct battery ????? /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Chevy454
01-26-2003, 07:17 PM
Geez, Casey! That guy just ponied up $1,000,000 for that car, and now you expect him to be able to afford a battery!?! That sure is a lot to ask of a guy!

It's ironic that you should bring up the battery. While watching the B-J auction on t.v., it seemed like every car that rolled across had an Interstate battery, which stuck out like the proverbial sore thumb. I know they are decent batteries, but they sure do look out of place!

bbdon
01-26-2003, 07:39 PM
Reggie Jackson has a sponsorship arrangement with Sears. He puts their Die hard batteries in his cars, and they give money to a charity that he works with. I don't know the details, but that's why his cars have the Die Hard batteries.

Casey Marks
01-26-2003, 09:39 PM
Instead of dinking with DieHard batteries in cars, he should set himself up to *only* use Craftsman tools or something, so he doesn't have to mess with the originality of his cars for a sponsorship. Don't get me wrong, I understand it goes to charity and all of that ...... but come on ...... Maybe a Kenmore washing machine, or a Winnie-The-Pooh snowsuit, but keep the non-stock stuff out of the cars ........ /ubbthreads/images/icons/smirk.gif

JChlupsa
01-26-2003, 10:58 PM
So even though most his cars didnt meet reserve he had set, he got the $$ everytime it was mentioned on TV that they had the batteries in the car. Free Advertizing on TV and he got his endorement check. NEAT SCAM if I might say so

Bill Pritchard
01-27-2003, 02:49 PM
"Reggie Jackson has a sponsorship arrangement with Sears. He puts their Die hard batteries in his cars"

All of Reggies cars that I saw at the auction had Interstate batteries /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif

bbdon
01-27-2003, 03:43 PM
He must have changed brands. There were Die hards in every car on the day that I visited his museum, but that was a couple of years ago. I don't remember exactly what Rick Hahn told me about this, but I do remember the Die hards, and I have pictures. (http://www.sonic.net/bbdon/features/jax/jax3.htm)