PDA

View Full Version : joels first conversion?

jaze70ss
01-29-2003, 04:10 AM
Hello everyone..,
I just read in a new chevelle book that Mr motions first conversion was a chevelle..... A 67 they say.... can anyone shed some light on this story? if so, the car must be lurking somewhere RIGHT???

JoeC
01-29-2003, 01:32 PM
What is the name of this Chevelle book? That info does not sound correct to me.
Motion Performance was building cars before 1967. I have an article on a 66 Motion 427 Chevelle but Joel was racing Corvettes and a Cobra in the early 60s.

Mr70
01-29-2003, 06:14 PM
JoeC is right.
But you may be getting references from the April 1968 issue of Speed & SuperCar.In it they feature Charlie Mason,from Stamford,Ct.who goes through the steps of Modifying his 1967 Chevelle SS bought from Baldwin Chevrolet.They claim in the Article it is the 1st SS427 Chevelle from Baldwin they modified.Great pix and details of all they did,as well as some very good Dealership pix.They also relay the time trial results. At the end of this Article,they claim Charles lil brother Jim,bought the AHRA record holding Motion Super Car Club Baldwin Chevrolet Cars Mag.SS-427 10 second Camaro.
Has this Camaro been located??

jaze70ss
01-29-2003, 11:10 PM
The book is called chevelle and its new I got it from borders bookstore. it has short articles about the specialty conversion dealers. In the motion section is where i got the information one of the authors name is phil kuntz or somthing like that. I have come to the conclusion that the real car knowledge comes from the fine individuals on this site.......
thanks,
jaze70ss
p.s. hey joe did you find anything interesting on the gold 427 67 I e mailed you about?